Icmeler (Turkey)

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got back from Olu Deniz a couple of days ago. Pretty quiet generally but plenty of restaurants and bars, my hotel was a 2 min walk from the beach. First time for me in Turkey but would defos go back - weather was ace, food was good and the Turks are a friendly bunch!

Enjoy IO, well I'm going to shitty Girvan for a week :( I'll be sporting my Hi-Dees top around the famous streets down there.

Remember and go on the Jeep Safari and boat trip ;)

Cheers mate. On the way to Glasgow the now. Just cant wait to get over there and walk about in the sunshine :D

I hear Girvan is lovely at this time of year ^_^

Got back from Olu Deniz a couple of days ago. Pretty quiet generally but plenty of restaurants and bars, my hotel was a 2 min walk from the beach. First time for me in Turkey but would defos go back - weather was ace, food was good and the Turks are a friendly bunch!

What hotel did you stay in? I am going for two weeks in August. Did you do any trips?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

What hotel did you stay in? I am going for two weeks in August. Did you do any trips?

2 weeks in August? Oooh it'll be hot! Stayed at the Karbel Beach Hotel, pretty basic but clean and decent pool, food, and bar. As I said the folks were lovely! We did two trips and went to a traditional Turkish bath - firstly went to the mud baths at Dalyan and then on a 5 island gullet cruise. I would heartily recommend both! The turkish bath was excellent also, think they say to do it in the first couple of days so that you get a better tan..

For drinks and watching the sunset (and a crazy amount of paragliders), I'd go to the Buzz Bar or Crusoes. Foodwise we were half board so only ate out a few times but Oba was a pretty good traditional Turkish restaurant and Help bar was good for more of your burger/pizza type fayre.

Likesay, the vibe is beach bums, couples and some families - pretty chilled but with plenty of bars and shops..incredible place, I'm defos going back!!!

2 weeks in August? Oooh it'll be hot! Stayed at the Karbel Beach Hotel, pretty basic but clean and decent pool, food, and bar. As I said the folks were lovely! We did two trips and went to a traditional Turkish bath - firstly went to the mud baths at Dalyan and then on a 5 island gullet cruise. I would heartily recommend both! The turkish bath was excellent also, think they say to do it in the first couple of days so that you get a better tan..

For drinks and watching the sunset (and a crazy amount of paragliders), I'd go to the Buzz Bar or Crusoes. Foodwise we were half board so only ate out a few times but Oba was a pretty good traditional Turkish restaurant and Help bar was good for more of your burger/pizza type fayre.

Likesay, the vibe is beach bums, couples and some families - pretty chilled but with plenty of bars and shops..incredible place, I'm defos going back!!!

It will be roasting! Can't wait! :)

Kool thanks for the info. I am staying at the resort (i think that's the name - its something resort!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just booked up for a week in Side (See-day) in turkey. Never been to turkey before but looks like quite a cool wee resort, nice beach, some culture/history with old ruins. ampitheatre etc and scuba diving/quad safari etc.

Anybody been? Will there be enough bars to keep me and the gf entertained for a week. Im 32, she is 25, not looking for crazy clubs but a bit of nightlife wouldnt go a miss.

Just booked up for a week in Side (See-day) in turkey. Never been to turkey before but looks like quite a cool wee resort, nice beach, some culture/history with old ruins. ampitheatre etc and scuba diving/quad safari etc.

Anybody been? Will there be enough bars to keep me and the gf entertained for a week. Im 32, she is 25, not looking for crazy clubs but a bit of nightlife wouldnt go a miss.

Side is brilliant! Are you near the centre of side or one of these huge hotels miles away from the place? There are loads of nice bars and clubs down the harbour. I'm going the first week in August, this will be my 4th year in side.

Staying in Connys, adult only boutique hotel just east of the old town. Adult only boutique hotel just screams swingers to me but we shall see :)

Think we are about a ten minute walk to the East beach and the old town.

What restuarants/bars would you recommend? reckon we'll be down the harbour or at the beach bars most of the time.

Hope to go for a turkish bath, what one is best?

Hoping to do Scuba Diving, Quad biking and white water rafting. I assume there are plenty of wee shops to book the activities scattered about the old town harbour?

Do they have shows/concerts in the old ampitheatre?

Staying in Connys, adult only boutique hotel just east of the old town. Adult only boutique hotel just screams swingers to me but we shall see :)

Think we are about a ten minute walk to the East beach and the old town.

What restuarants/bars would you recommend? reckon we'll be down the harbour or at the beach bars most of the time.

Hope to go for a turkish bath, what one is best?

Hoping to do Scuba Diving, Quad biking and white water rafting. I assume there are plenty of wee shops to book the activities scattered about the old town harbour?

Do they have shows/concerts in the old ampitheatre?

Just over the back from my hotel :) It's a lovely wee area, out of the hustle and bustle of main area but only a short walk to the town. There are also about 6 wee shops who organise trips in the area, I recommend jimmy travel.

The beach is only 10 min away like you say, there is a wee short cut across the main road and along by the football stadium which takes you down to the beach and the main town.

I would recommend the butcher restaurant which is right next to the Saturday market site. The bars and restaurant down by the harbour are all quite good, you can easily spot the good ones.

All the time I have been There I have never been in the amphitheatre, I always just enjoy the ruins just outside the main part of town and down towards the beach. I would recommend heading to aspendos, I know they sometimes have shows on.

Various hotels have turkish baths within them, however I'm on the look out for one the locals use for the authentic experience. I would also recommend a visit to the Turkish barber up the top end of the town near the supermarkets. Haircut and a shave for £4. The 2 boys don't speak English but its a great experience and not one of the tourists barbers. The guy likes his football and I managed to point out alloa in his football paper and he knew we were in the championship ha.

I would take a mixture of euros and lira, they much prefer dealing with euros than pound.

Archived