Luke Mitchell

thisal

My strongest memory of the whole event was that he got caught with 10/20/40 ounces of hash, not grass, in his room. He told the police that it was all his and he smoked something stupid like 40 joints a day.

Now, I've been partial to a bit of dabbling in the old waccy baccy myself in the past and there is no way in hell that he was smoking 40 joints a day. Probably takes about 10 minutes (minimum) to roll and smoke a joint so you'd be looking at 400 minutes a day just doing this :lol: :lol: . You would also be physically sick - especially smoking resin.

They believed him on that one, but not the murder - when really the evidence should've brought the other result.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deary me. Mitchell said he was in his house and even though it's not up to him to use psychic powers to unmask the killer, his defence team have highlighted other leads which the police ignored.

Why post such nonsense? Will any old pish simply do?

Aye he was at home innocently burning his clothes in the back garden...

His uncle thinks he did it - I know this because he told me in the pub in Dalkeith not long after the event.

The same uncle who has problems with mental health and alcoholism?

I'm not referring to either of these issues trivially or in a negative sense, btw - just trying to establish if it's the same guy - if it is the same guy, no offence, but i'm not sure he's in a position to make sense of what happened - the guy i'm thinking of is a guy with many problems.

The uncle I'm referring to lives / lived not a million miles away from Ironmills Park. If you know the family, you will know who I am referring to.

It is the guy I'm thinking of, then - a nice bloke, but I don't think he would know one way or the other regarding Mitchell's guilt or innocence...or much else.

I could be wrong, of course.

Just checked, aye he did. Does he attribute his daughter's death to a passing random who saw a lassie in the garden and said to himself, aye I'll just batter her tae f**k.

Mitchell has also never come up with a satisfactory explanation where he was during the frenzied attack, nor suggested who else could have been responsible. Of course he did it. He could also never live in normal society again. People would not accept it.

Have you considering applying for a job at The Daily Record?

My strongest memory of the whole event was that he got caught with 10/20/40 ounces of hash, not grass, in his room. He told the police that it was all his and he smoked something stupid like 40 joints a day.

I'm told that that's not true - I remember it being reported, but I'm told that Mitchell's use of canabis was massively exaggerated.

I can't say for sure, obviously.

Aye he was at home innocently burning his clothes in the back garden...

I'm told that's not true either.

Again, I don't know for sure.

For the record, I think that Mitchell probably did murder Jodi Jones, but I also think that the evidence used to convict wasn't the strongest - I do hope, though, that they nailed the right guy.

Horrible thing to happen to the poor lassie.

Now, I've been partial to a bit of dabbling in the old waccy baccy myself in the past and there is no way in hell that he was smoking 40 joints a day. Probably takes about 10 minutes (minimum) to roll and smoke a joint so you'd be looking at 400 minutes a day just doing this :lol: :lol: . You would also be physically sick - especially smoking resin.

They believed him on that one, but not the murder - when really the evidence should've brought the other result.

He got convicted of supplying cannabis at the same time as being done for murder.

Unsure if he has done a lie detector on that charge.

Just had a quick google, found the below webpage

"The Truth"

An old guardian article casting doubt on his conviction

http://www.guardian....di-jones-appeal

EDIT: isn't a polygraph pretty unreliable? that's why we don't use them as evidence in court

Bingo. Apparenly you can beat them by just thinking of another question in your head and answering it. So LM could think "Have I ever been to Argentina?" when asked "Did you kill Jodie Jones?" then he'd pass. You can also do stuff like clench your arsecheeks, take drugs etc to beat the test, it focuses on 'stress' that you experience. It also relies on experiencing stress rather than just not caring about the lie.

Edit: No-one fancy mentioning the rumour that Luke Mitchell shagged his own mum? Apparently he was shagging her when the cops smashed his door in. By apparently I mean "almost certainly wasn't but thought it would have been mentioned so thought I would".

1358865358[/url]' post='7006698']

Horrible thing to happen to the poor lassie.

She was certainly no angel, being involved in sex and drugs at the age of 14, but the way she died was horrific. Mitchell was the obvious suspect and all the evidence points to him. Didn't he have Donald Findlay as his QC, one of the shrewdest legal brains in Scotland? If there had been genuine holes in he case, Findlay would have exposed them.

No-one fancy mentioning the rumour that Luke Mitchell shagged his own mum? Apparently he was shagging her when the cops smashed his door in. By apparently I mean "almost certainly wasn't but thought it would have been mentioned so thought I would".

I read that as "smashed his back door in". I was ready with the "Ooh Matron" picture and something relating to "well you'd expect that with his mum shagging him". Que sera sera like.

I read that as "smashed his back door in". I was ready with the "Ooh Matron" picture and something relating to "well you'd expect that with his mum shagging him". Que sera sera like.

I did consider putting in a hilarious double entendre about the police smashing his front door in while he was smashing his mother's back doors in, but I typed that last post in a rush and didn't really have time to do it properly. It would've come out terribly, you know when you have something funny in your head to say in the pub but you can't get the right moment so you try and force it in and it's not as funny but you know it really is funny so you try to go with it and then you realise that it isn't that funny but you've made something of it and can't decide how to end it and the entire anecdote falls apart so you go and cry in the toilets for a bit.

Archived