Luke Mitchell

thisal

My first thought when I watch this is why are his eyes shut and he is not just paying attention and answering the questions. To the untrained, like myself, it makes him look like he trying to beat the machine and I'm sure that can't the case.

My link

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1358520375[/url]' post='6995289']

His uncle thinks he did it - I know this because he told me in the pub in Dalkeith not long after the event.

I guess he must have more than one uncle as the one that I met told me that he thought he was innocent.

Not enough evidence to convince me of his guilt.

Word at the time was that his brother sectioned himself just after the killing. It was just a day or so after he (brother) signed himself out that Luke was arrested.

I guess he must have more than one uncle as the one that I met told me that he thought he was innocent.

Not enough evidence to convince me of his guilt.

Word at the time was that his brother sectioned himself just after the killing. It was just a day or so after he (brother) signed himself out that Luke was arrested.

The uncle I'm referring to lives / lived not a million miles away from Ironmills Park. If you know the family, you will know who I am referring to.

I had heard the same thing about his brother, but believe he had a fairly robust alibi for the time of the murder. No doubt the stress inflicted on the family by the constant police presence on their doorstep (there was a squad car parked there for months after the event), the media intrusions into the family life (welcomed by Luke and his mother - witness that infamous Sky interview), and the constant whispering campaign (spearheaded by the, as it transpired, very reliable leaks from the police station helped considerably by the loose-lipped local traffic warden as I recall), brought whatever mental health issues his brother was suffering from to the fore which led to his hospitalisation.

However, I have never heard of any credible evidence suggesting he had any involvement whatsoever in the actual crime, albeit I am sure the family collectively have abetted Luke over the years in their conspiracy to give him a favourable alibi for the time, not to mention the mysterious firepit in their back garden on the night of the crime, nor the sightings of the family car heading through Bonnyrigg on CCTV at the time they claimed to be at home...

I followed the evidence in the trial reasonably closely, and quite honestly I've never had any doubts over the safety of his conviction.

I actually think it is a pretty heinous thing for any convicted prisoner to be allowed to publicise themselves or their case on the Internet, and find it really disrespectful to the Jones family - albeit at least this time he is not and cannot walk his dog over and stub out cigarettes on her graveside. Not to deny the existence of some serious miscarriages of justice in our criminal system, but I do not think these appeals should be played out through the press in such a crass and insensitive manner.

I remember watching an interview with him and seeing a wee smirk when asked a question about Jodie's death.

From then on I was convinced of his guilt.

Total scum that should have been put down.

The courts should employ you, it'd save them a fortune.

Archived