Wrestling moves in 'real' life

DA Baracus

Basically stories of when you've given someone a wrestling move, have taken a wrestling move, or have seen such.

I mind at a mate's birthday party a few years back there was a bouncy castle. Me and a mate decided to give another mate a 3D on it. We snuck up behind him and got in position. I said his name, he turned round and I lifted him up, with my friend doing diamond cutter part of the move. Sadly a bouncy castle is not the most stable of surface, resulting in a rather less than even landing. At first we actually thought we had paralysed him, but he was just stunned. He had some pain for about a week, but luckily was fine after that.

Just the other day we were walking along to the football when a friend pretended to push another friend into a bush. I thought 'f**k this' and took a run up and full on gored the guy into the bush. It was glorious.

Also once in Aberdeen we were in Liquid and in the 'VIP' section and started messing around doing wrestling moves. One mate attempted the worm. I gave him the Rock Bottom on the dance floor. Later on the walk home he put me in the chicken wing crossface.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you didn't learn after nearly paralysing your mate at the first time of asking? ohmy.gif

The problem with wrestling moves is that half the skill lies with the person receiving the move. And the fact that they know what move they're going to be facing and have practiced it many times. Remove all of this from the equation and you run the very real risk of injury.

I remember when I was about 11, some big guy decided to piledriver me on the playing fields. Luckily he didn't really lift me up, and I managed to cushion the fall somewhat with my arms, otherwise I might very well by typing this at the moment by flickering my eyelashes.

Ha! Liquid was brilliant that night and watching the worm was rather funny.

I once witnessed a mate body slamming another completely out of the blue back in High School. He'd been getting wound up constantly, lost it in a fit of rage and slammed him on the corridor full pelt.

Didn't you also see someone once punch like The Rock?

I remember back in 2000 when Bull Buchanan was about, he was doing this cool Springboard Clothesline off the top. So I tried it from a windowsill on someone.

It was raining though and I slipped and landed right on my arse on the grass.

So you didn't learn after nearly paralysing your mate at the first time of asking? ohmy.gif

The problem with wrestling moves is that half the skill lies with the person receiving the move. And the fact that they know what move they're going to be facing and have practiced it many times. Remove all of this from the equation and you run the very real risk of injury.

I remember when I was about 11, some big guy decided to piledriver me on the playing fields. Luckily he didn't really lift me up, and I managed to cushion the fall somewhat with my arms, otherwise I might very well by typing this at the moment by flickering my eyelashes.

Different people!

Ha! Liquid was brilliant that night and watching the worm was rather funny.

I once witnessed a mate body slamming another completely out of the blue back in High School. He'd been getting wound up constantly, lost it in a fit of rage and slammed him on the corridor full pelt.

Didn't you also see someone once punch like The Rock?

Ha, nah, but some guy was doing a foot stomp when he was punching someone else. He must have thought that's how you punch.

At the end of Download when everyone's getting ready to leave, people who've brought cheap ones can't be arsed packing up their tents and just leave them, which leads to tents being pished on, shat in, set on fire etc. Not being that manky we usually just set about them with poles, but one year decided to have someone put through them with wrestling moves. When I say 'we' I mean everyone I was with, and when I say 'someone' I mean me. Last Ride, Chokeslam and 3D were all used, the only injury was to my mate who fucked his back lifting me for the Last Ride. I attempted to Spear someone through another and failed miserably.

Some guys I know routinely spend their night attempting Stunners on their mates if they're in a club.

Alcohol + wrestling moves is a terrible idea yet brilliant at the same time. I stunnered my mate at a house party once and he oversold it like the rock, flipping about all over the place. I then ran up and locked him in the walls of Jericho, and another one of my mates ran in and crossfaced him. We obviously all got our hole that night.

There also used to be a "game" in school where we would go up to people and say "put your hand out as if you're going to clothesline me". If the person did so they were on the receiving end of a rock bottom. It worked a surprising amount of times :lol:

There was actually a fantastic moment which I wasn't part of myself.

There was a show that had Fatu and Yokozuna on it back in the day, and the ring was set and the show hadn't started. Quite a decent crowd at the time though. And all of a sudden, two kids got in the ring and one of them executed an absolute beauty of a Rock Bottom. I mean it was completely spot on.

Probably the best executed move of the night.

I got tombstoned by my big borther once and the p***k made my head hit the ground. It was bloody sore, fortunately he didn't drop me so my neck didn't take any damage, but it was still sore. He then practised a jumping tombstone on a dumbell bar, and it bounced of the bed and smacked him in the forehead. Revenge. We once got stuck in a leglock and had to just shout in pain until our maw came through and untangles us.

Couple of years ago at T in The Park, 2010 i think, a bunch of us had gone as old wrestlers for fancy dress friday. I spent days making a Kane costume from when he debuted and wandered around all day with all sorts of folk asking to be chokeslammed. Belter of a day that was although it got a bit odd when a guy asked me to chokeslam his missus, she agreed so went for it but welt i had to hold back slightly.

Best moment didn't even involve a wrestling move, but a G4S security guy with a megaphone walking past and screaming into it in true JR style, BAH GAWD, THATS GOTTA, THATS GOTTA BE KANE. Had me in stitches

One of my mates had me in the Sharpshooter once which was a move he was quite proud of doing but never did it again after I broke out of it using my leg strength and shooting him across his living room and making him burst his lip on his mum's coffee table laugh.gif

Best moment didn't even involve a wrestling move, but a G4S security guy with a megaphone walking past and screaming into it in true JR style, BAH GAWD, THATS GOTTA, THATS GOTTA BE KANE. Had me in stitches

:lol:

Would be magnificent if this actually happened!

My girlfriend broke her collarbone as an eleven year old when her brother choke-slammed her off their bunk bed ohmy.gif

I hope she got sufficient revenge in a match upon her comeback.

Not sure what move it was exactly, I thought it was a tombstone but I would've been less than 8 at the time whereas my brother reckons it was a pedigree but anyone, he did one of those moves to me in my gran's house and knocked one of my teeth out (baby teeth to be fair).

Quite often I try to put him in a Masterlock complete with the flinging him about. One of the times I was close to hooking it in and he grabbed my head and lifted me up with his arm around it(like the stunner position) but his shoulder dug into my sternum area and it got pure fucked. Hurt for weeks after, any sort of movement like sneezing hurt like hell!

My brother and bigger cousin used to bully me and my other two cousins. One of them had this bed and it had the wooden perimeter and the mattress got held up by like a cage which lifted up. Anyway, the mattress got taken out and we had a casket match! laugh.gif The two of them vs three of us. Needless to say, we got put in the casket, three people in the space of a single bed.

My brother also had a Mr Socko made up of one of his old socks! And we created a hardcore belt, got one of the belts that you got with the keepy uppy balls that attached. We spray painted the belt and wrote on it and what not. Fantastic props.

If anyone has ever been into the gymnasium at Inverclyde Sports Center they'll have seen the massive foam pits that are there. I went there with a youth club I was part of a few years ago and some of the older guys decided to stack the large mats up on top of each other to a height of about 20 feet. Two of them then climbed up to the top and one Powerbombed the other twenty feet to the foam pit below. It was cool as f**k to watch at the time but had he missed the foam pit the guy would have broken his back.

The gymnasium also had the most springy trampoline I've ever seen which you could jump off of into another foam pit. I was only about 13 the last time I went but the older guys used to regularly perform moonsaults and swanton bombs on each other from the trampoline onto the foam pit. That was awesome to watch.

Archived