Chvrches

ForzaDundee

Band from Glasgow who are tipped for big things in 2013. Not sure when their album comes out but from the stuff I've heard on YouTube the hype is well deserved.

I'm sure there will be others on here who know more about them. Opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvJBD9MVI4

Edited by ForzaDundee

Saw them at the Electric Circus in Edinburgh a few months ago. Very impressed, Lies was obviously the stand out track, it's absolutely incredible live

They had a couple of other really good songs as well (can't mind the names though was pretty pished). Wasn't sure about The Mother We Share when i heard it on youtube but it's pretty good live.

• 7 months later...

Anyone else got into them since this thread was started? I pre-ordered their album the other day and I'm really looking forward to it.

Lauren Mayberry is still most definitely the one.

f**k off, she's mine.

Seen them 3 times I think they're great. Wish they would have a bit more energy live, they always seem a bit nervous, but they're new and it will come. Really looking forward to the album.

Album leaked. It's fine synth-pop stuff, huge nod to (rip-off of) Purity Ring. Standard buzz band release.

Seen their first couple of gigs. First (June last year) they played under the guise of "Shark Week" and they were just terrible. Second at the Art School was like something out a John Niven book although somewhat of an improvement performance-wise. Will be interesting to see how they cope at the ABC.

She's a wee pelt mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Album's out now. Anyone listened to it yet?

Edit- just announced a gig at The Barrowlands on March 8th. Go on sale Friday.

Edit again- Listened to it and it's really good but it gets a bit boring towards the end. Recommend it though.

Edited by Smurph