Rangers the saviours of Scottish football

We never died, you madman. We are alive!

That is not how you will be remembered. Over half of football fans in Scotland see you as a new club, it's only Sevconians who see continuation.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is happy with second best, but what do you suggest ? that a club goes out and spends millions to compete with celtic ?

Your mob tried that & look where it got you.

You don't have to spend millions to compete with them though, they're fucking awful. You need a positive attitude and a winning mentality as a club and fans don't expect nothing but a win and invest in youth development like we should have many years ago and give youngsters a chance to shine.

At Rangers it was always drilled into players that they must win every game, even till this day it's the same way.

Dundee fans didn't do anything though? It was the bhoys in grey and white hoops who caused the worst trouble in 20 years. Change your team to Celtic btw.

Don't worry, I'm sure your grandchildren will be plastic Paddy's in the future.

You don't have to spend millions to compete with them though, they're fucking awful. You need a positive attitude and a winning mentality as a club and fans don't expect nothing but a win and invest in youth development like we should have many years ago and give youngsters a chance to shine.

At Rangers it was always drilled into players that they must win every game, even till this day it's the same way.

:) How's the bid for the quadruple going?

It's good to read the meloncholy in your posts. It is evident in all you exRangers fans posts and very pleasing.

Colinstein seems to be in denial.

Back on the subject of the thread though, I have a nice bottle of Tomatin 18 year old single malt, but thats getting cracked at the bells, need to make do with vody an redbull for now. :(

I have a bottle of Springbank cask strength 58.6 distilled1966.

As we stagger to the end of what has been by any standards,a remarkable season it is perhaps apt to reflect where it all went wrong for Scottish football. In essence, Scottish football is corrupt and the treatment of my club Rangers F.C. has been quite disgraceful. Let me first begin by saying that Rangers made some big mistakes and to some extent are the victims of our own demise. Our biggest single mistake was to innocently believe that we would get fair treatment and went into liquidation with our eyes closed, unaware of the dark forces arraigned against us.

It has been incredible to witness the hordes of adversaries lined up to destroy us. Those wee clubs which we have fed down the years, were quick to bite the hand that fed them as soon as the opportunity arose. The sheer venom was something which I would never have imagined existed. More fool me. Bizarrely, I apportion very little blame to Celtic (see, I am not a bigot!), but rather teams like Dundee United, the maniacs from Aberdeen and other diddy teams.

The level of expectancy (dare I say, orgasmic anticipation) of the Big Tax Case and its subsequent outcome came as devastating blow to those who had us guilty before a legal document had even been perused. The fact that Rangers were completely exonerated of any guilt whatsoever, merely highlights the shameful motives and behaviour of others. In any other organization those in charge with any sense of honour would have done the right thing and walked. Messieurs Regan and Crewcut know of no such concept, they are there simply to line their own pockets. On the other hand, the much chastised Campbell Ogilvie emerges with real credit, keeping his cool and his dignity while others around them lost theirs.

The emergence of the venerable Charles Green has been a shot in the arm to our glorious club. For once, we have somebody in charge who is ready to take on the corrupt elements who govern our game. The example of Tannadice is just a foretaste of what awaits you all. You will regret treating us with scorn and arrogance. It is payback day and we will teach you a lesson you will never forget. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

As attendances continue to plummet in the SPL, Rangers continue to astound an incredulous public with their huge crowds, these are actions not words. Disaster was predicted and disaster will befall those who tried to kill us off. Reorganization of our national game cannot take place without having the country's biggest club (and institution) involved, only a madman would argue with this logic. However, when you come to us bowl in hand, WE not you, will determine the terms and conditions.

Finally, as we make our Odyssey around the wee towns of Scotland, we have undergone a metaphysical experience, existential even Like latter day missionaries we have spread the word to the most distant parts of the land. We have reached out to the residents of Annan, Montrose, Elgin, Berwick, Stirling and they like what they have seen. We are not the crude, savage stereotype as depicted in the tabloid press. We have been warmly received by those without an agenda, the respect has been reciprocated. We are not the triumphalists, we are in fact the true saviours of Scottish football. We have slashed ticket prices, we are using young Scottish talent on the field and yes, we are reaching out to all sectors of Scottish society. There is something rotten in the political field of Scotland where Nationalists try to oppress Rangers, seeing in us something which they detest. That is just too bad, we don't do walking away. Incidentally, I have written a whole article without once referring to religion, you see Rangers has risen above this nonsense.

A superb post. Well said indeed. 54 and still counting............soon to be 55.

A superb post. Well said indeed. 54 and still counting............soon to be 55.

f**k of wi that shite.

There's not a chance that you can count in to double figures, let alone as high as 55.

Even when your new club do win promotion to the second division, it's not going to count as a 55th title, as your previous dead clubs 54 were all won in the top tier league, so it's going to be at least 60 years before you can say your new club has won 55 titles, and that's taking for granted your new club wins the league every year for 55 years!!

And i say 60 years because i honestly don't think fat sally has it in him to get out of the first division on the first attempt,

true dat wink.gif

and btw, wether or not you are a troll, i'm humoring you none the less!!

I'm guessing this chimp is serious as he's dragging it out this long. There seems to be a lot of talk about judgement days and sinning for a self confessed agnostic.

Oh, and an Edinburgher who supports an OF team, I always take them seriously.

Back to the main event, just airing a cheeky wee red to wash down my scran, I'm having chicken stuffed with haggis and my veggie missus is having nut roast :( . We've got some tiger prawns in tempura batter for latter though :D .

Christ that must be painful!huh.gif

Welcome back to the spl forum I had almost forgotten how strange and deluded Rangers fans were

By the way happy new year I hope 2013 is better for you than 2012 was and that with a bit of luck your club might win its 1st trophy :D

You are a sad insignificant individual from a sad, isolated town.

Welcome back to the spl forum I had almost forgotten how strange and deluded Rangers fans were

By the way happy new year I hope 2013 is better for you than 2012 was and that with a bit of luck your club might win its 1st trophy :D

I can't be arsed to go back though to quote Carlito but in response, I'm guessing my team is your shoe-in for relegation (mine too to be honest) so we won't be scrapping for second place but surely fighting for a crack in the Champions League is a prize in itself ? With only 1 'super power' in the league theres going to be more teams in with a shout. To be honest I find your question vaguely patronising and more than a little irrelevant, seeing as how both Celtic and (I'm guessing) your old team were desperate to get out of playing in the SPL. The attitude that we should all be grateful that they grace(d) the league with their presence is extremely condescending. I'll humour you on, as you put it, the old Rangers (and by default their symbiotic twin) 'winning attitude' for their success then there must be a lot of glory hunters around Scotland. To be honest I wish Celtic and any other team that may in the future feel too big for the SPL all the luck in the world in getting out of our league structure, I suspect I speak for most teams fans in wishing them Godspeed. Basically, just F**k off and take your baggage with you, Scottish football will roll on regardless I'm sure.

Jeezus, I can't stand either cheek, but that really is a fucking stupid comment. While your new club airs the traditional songbook in Div 3, your alter-egos have just beaten the best team on the planet (albeit in a game that didn't matter to Barca, pride aside) and are in the last 16 of Europe's premier club competition. Different story when the away team wants the three points, mind.wink.gif

The only reason rangers are "giving the youngsters a chance to shine" is that if you had a nightclub bouncer on the dressing room door you'd have to play in a five a side league.laugh.gif

Archived