Anime Suggestions

P.C

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I have officially caught up with the One Piece anime after starting it this year and I need to just say it's probably the best thing I've ever watched. It's a daunting amount of story but if you're looking for a real binge watching challenge I couldn't recommend it more.

20 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Attack on Titan is fucking brilliant. Easily the best anime I've ever seen.

That is all.

How far in are you?

I like the premise, the themes are class, and a lot of the characters are pretty great (MIkasa, Armin and Levi especially) but fucking hell Eren is really irritating.

I've just finished S2 but I know somewhere off in the distance there's a series changing twist that people are really, I mean really, angry about. 

Just linking the themes below because they're super.

Edited by NotThePars

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

How far in are you?

I like the premise, the theme is class, and a lot of the characters are pretty great (MIkasa, Armin and Levi especially) but fucking hell Eren is really irritating.

I've just finished S2 but I know somewhere off in the distance there's a series changing twist that people are really, I mean really, angry about. 

I've read the manga so know how it all pans out. On the TV series I'm up to date with the English dubs.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

I've read the manga so know how it all pans out. On the TV series I'm up to date with the English dubs.

I haven't seen it myself but I've read about it and it's definitely clumsily anti-Semitic at the very least hahaha. Like, I think I get what the creator is trying to say but ooft

Will still stick with it though. Love the premise and music alone and the Titans are fucking eerie, man. 

Edited by NotThePars

49 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I'd heard some buzz for this over the years, and in advance of the "Final Season" of the Anime debuting it had intensified because of the controversial twist. And I've now watched everything and read the manga to completion.

I do like it. The first couple of seasons with the mystery of the walls and the titans is great...and then there's the first proper reveal of what's going on. I wouldn't have gone anywhere near that.

Late to this party, living with an anime obsessed almost teen. I watched Death Note and loved it. That twist in the middle had me gobsmacked, I thought it was surely some mistake.
MHA is massive in our house, I thought the 2nd movie in particular was fantastic.

Been in the same room as Bizarre adventures of JoJo and honestly it is the worst thing I have ever seen.

Quite fancy Attack on Titan.

Do not let the 3 hours put you off. The guy is a great reviewer of anime and it's worth the watch for any attack on titan fans. Posts a spoilers point for the people who have only watched the manga.

Interesting thing learned was it took 4 months to animate all 45 seconds of that scene (and I have no doubt people will know what I'm talking about when they see it) with Levi.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'd heard some buzz for this over the years, and in advance of the "Final Season" of the Anime debuting it had intensified because of the controversial twist. And I've now watched everything and read the manga to completion.

I do like it. The first couple of seasons with the mystery of the walls and the titans is great...and then there's the first proper reveal of what's going on. I wouldn't have gone anywhere near that.

I heard about the reveal after watching half of season one but tbh I'll see it for myself. I've watched stuff that's had way worse in it and the story is still heavy compelling. 

On 09/04/2021 at 17:21, Baggio said:

Late to this party, living with an anime obsessed almost teen. I watched Death Note and loved it. That twist in the middle had me gobsmacked, I thought it was surely some mistake.
MHA is massive in our house, I thought the 2nd movie in particular was fantastic.

Been in the same room as Bizarre adventures of JoJo and honestly it is the worst thing I have ever seen.

Quite fancy Attack on Titan.

Death Note is absolutely tremendous.  I was completely hooked, in the same that I was watching The Shield.  The tension is hypnotic. 

I've been tearing through Attack on Titan and still fair enjoying it. The monologue exposition is a bit grating at times and Eren is still an arse but the suspense is class. 

Okay I just hit "That Day" (after what's been a terrific season) and, uh, 

tenor (5).gif

Edited by NotThePars

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Death Note is absolutely tremendous.  I was completely hooked, in the same that I was watching The Shield.  The tension is hypnotic. 

I started it this week after seeing it mentioned here, I'm hooked as well. 

The tension thing reminds me of Dexter a little bit. 

It really is. The idea that anyone could just drop dead any second keeps you permanently on edge. It also prompted some big discussions with the boy about right and wrong and power over life and death

On another note, a great anime movie we watched was Your Name, well worth having a look, think it's on Netflix. I'm assured by my son that the follow up Weathering With You is also really good, I'm going to give it a watch with him at some point.