Anime Suggestions

P.C

Everyone has already recommended Neon Genesis, but I'll sing it's praises once more. Gets so good towards the end, stick with it.

One I would recommend is Orguss O2. Seems like your normal giant robots fighting, but the story is told from a foot soliders point of view. Great animation and character design. Only 6 episodes, but worth a watch in one sitting.

Yeah there is quite a few shows i want to start watching but its trying to find half decent streams for them. Started a few new shows on Netflix tho Sword Art Online has been the pick of the bunch so far (over Blue Exorsist and Fate Zero) basically its set in the near future where they develop a full immersive RPG that you physically play in. When everyone logs in they get told they can only log out if they complete the game and if they guy in game their bodies in the real world will die

One I would recommend is Orguss O2. Seems like your normal giant robots fighting, but the story is told from a foot soliders point of view. Great animation and character design. Only 6 episodes, but worth a watch in one sitting.

Try Mobile Suit Gundam the 08th MS Team.

I enjoyed Sword Art Online, was pretty decent. I'd recommend the NGE films of the series anyday though

Yeah I keep getting recommended NGE, might just bite the bullet and buy on DVD. Ended up doing that with Bleach

Blasted through the 25 episodes over the weekend, watching most of it with friends who've seen it before.

Pretty good.

There is a little bit too much left unanswered though, that they've could've done better. Pretty much everything to do with Annie, like her motivation and origin. I understand even in the manga they've not explained the former yet.

I got spoiled on who the Armored and Colossal titans are though, avoid the wikia if you don't want to know, it's literally right on front street if you happened to go onto the characters' wikia pages.

Yeah I'm the same, I was reading up on when the new series is likely to go into production and seen storylines from the latest manga, fucking seething! :( So advanced warning against doing any sort of research at all :lol:

Great series though, I'm not fussed that it wasnt wrapped up because I think the idea is to have it as 1 season by the end rather than clear stop and start points.

Yeah there is quite a few shows i want to start watching but its trying to find half decent streams for them. Started a few new shows on Netflix tho Sword Art Online has been the pick of the bunch so far (over Blue Exorsist and Fate Zero) basically its set in the near future where they develop a full immersive RPG that you physically play in. When everyone logs in they get told they can only log out if they complete the game and if they guy in game their bodies in the real world will die

I'll probably watch Sword Art Online pretty soon. Fate/Zero was very disappointing, I was enjoying it up until around the third or fourth to last episode. Rider and Archer were tremendous.

The ending was absolute trash. My friend absolutely loves it, his only response to me slating the ending is "it has to tie into Fate Stay Night", which is complete bullshit.

The Fate Stay Night remake is coming either this Autumn or next, so it better deliver.

Yeah I'm the same, I was reading up on when the new series is likely to go into production and seen storylines from the latest manga, fucking seething! :( So advanced warning against doing any sort of research at all :lol:

Great series though, I'm not fussed that it wasnt wrapped up because I think the idea is to have it as 1 season by the end rather than clear stop and start points.

To be honest the only thing i have been checking is the release dates. Theres a few shows ongoing (Naruto Shippuden for example) that still have the ongoing anime and the show hasn't caught up yet so i try and avoid it if i can

I'll probably watch Sword Art Online pretty soon. Fate/Zero was very disappointing, I was enjoying it up until around the third or fourth to last episode. Rider and Archer were tremendous.

The ending was absolute trash. My friend absolutely loves it, his only response to me slating the ending is "it has to tie into Fate Stay Night", which is complete bullshit.

The Fate Stay Night remake is coming either this Autumn or next, so it better deliver.

Its pretty good they have already announced a 2nd season for SAO

Fate zero i pretty much gave up with after episode one, the amount of info fired at you in the first episode was mental

Fate zero i pretty much gave up with after episode one, the amount of info fired at you in the first episode was mental

I'd wait and see how Fate Stay Night turns out, as they could turn it around if the writing is good enough. It's an alright watch but some major problems in the last three/four episodes. As said, there's a few of the characters which are pretty cool.

• 1 month later...

Bump

Seems Netflix have started another new show tho this time in Anime format, Knights of Sidonia which is based on an existing manga where mankind is living on a massive spaceship and uses what look like mechs with lances to fight traditional Japanese tentacle monsters. Seems ok so far tho the mixture of 2d/3d is a bit weird

Bump

Seems Netflix have started another new show tho this time in Anime format, Knights of Sidonia which is based on an existing manga where mankind is living on a massive spaceship and uses what look like mechs with lances to fight traditional Japanese tentacle monsters. Seems ok so far tho the mixture of 2d/3d is a bit weird

How far you in? Just started The Shield, so trying to finish that before moving on to the next show. Worth a watch?

• 2 weeks later...

About 8/9 episodes. Its pretty decent tho animation style takes a bit of getting used to. Sword art online season 2 started on crunchyroll as well so got something else to watch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Started watching a series called Attack on Titan last night. Discovered it purely by accident while browsing stuff on Youtube. I ended up watching about 11 episodes last night before bed.

Basically the plot is loads of giants called Titans appeared and started eating people. The survivors are living in cities surrounded by massive walls and for over a hundred years the walls have protected them until one day a giant Titan turns up and the shit hits the fan...

800px-Image-4.png

Edited by NorthernLights

• 1 year later...

Just to bring this topic back into the fray for those interested. Some cracking shows doing the rounds at the moment both on Netflix and Crunchyroll.

My hero acadamia- 80% of the world's population have some form of super power and follows a boy who wants to be a hero. It's brillant so far.

Psycho pass- like a mesh of blade runner and minority report. In the future they develop technology to scan your mental state which in turn decides your place in society.

Many others but thought I'd open it back up to see what people have been watching.

• 4 weeks later...