Anime Suggestions

P.C

Looking for suggestions for new Anime shows to get into, already watched the likes of Dragonball z, Guyver, Devil May Cry, D Gray Man and just started on Naruto but looking to see if anyone else has suggestions of shows to get into

I only have a few films on DVD, but i'd reccomend

Howl's Moving Castle

Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away

Yeah seen Spirited away and heard about Princess Mononoke. Got Ninja Scroll and a few others at home proper old school :lol:

Think i heard about that, was that something about "angels" and a battle against them or something?

Basically. I have it on DVD but its been a while since I watched it. When you watch the first few episode it seems like a fairly straight forward plot but the end really is one massive mindfuck but well worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kFhPVAhV_o

It's kind of looked down upon by Anime snobs, but the Death Note series is tremendous. Ghost in the Shell is pretty good too.

And anything at all from Studio Ghibli is brilliant.

Edit: avoid the Death Note live action movie. It's retarded.

Edited by Savage Henry

This thread has inspired me to buy the first two Evangelion moves on Blu-ray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx91Rsnt6cM

It is part of a four film series that is a retelling of the story with new characters and plot twists and with a completely different ending. I think the third film has been released in Japan but no sign of a UK release for a Blu-ray yet.

Death Note is good, but I've always preferred the manga.

Natsume's Book of Friends (Natsume Yujincho -- the anime's title isn't usually translated) is my favourite right now. It's got a similar feel and mythology to Spirited Away, so if you enjoyed that you'll enjoy this. I'd recommend watching it in Japanese because the English dub is... average.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Howls moving castle is simply a masterpiece. In terms of good anime. I'm a big fan of the Mobile Suit Gundam and Macross franchises, they are Mecha Sci Fi series.

Code Geass is a Mecha series that's often likened to Death Note, the main character gains the ability to give someone a command they simply cannot refuse, and uses this to begin a guerilla war against the oppressive regime controlling Japan.

Planetes is another outstanding series, about garbage collectors who work to collect the junk floating around earth's orbit, which I know doesn't sound like much, but it's all about their characters, their ambitions to be more than what they currently are, it's a really great story and comical at some points.

Gungrave is another fantastic series, about 2 street thugs who work their way up a massive mafia like crime syndicate.

• 2 months later...

Just started watching a series recommended to me called Attack on Titan, basic concept being that humanity has had to build huge walls to protect themselves from titans - wasnt sure on it but the animation is brillant and the action sequences really well done

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

For anyone who hasnt see it Attack On Titan is on netflix. Highly recommended it

Blasted through the 25 episodes over the weekend, watching most of it with friends who've seen it before.

Pretty good.

There is a little bit too much left unanswered though, that they've could've done better. Pretty much everything to do with Annie, like her motivation and origin. I understand even in the manga they've not explained the former yet.

I got spoiled on who the Armored and Colossal titans are though, avoid the wikia if you don't want to know, it's literally right on front street if you happened to go onto the characters' wikia pages.