OLD PHOTO THREAD

PRICEY

Really enjoying the old grounds thread.Thought a thread for any old Junior pics might be of interest.

We'll try and keep the grounds thread going too.

Ill kick off with a couple of old Pace photo's...

First up is what I believe to be the oldest Pace photo in existence

Second is our only scottish win

post-25060-0-69286700-1356871175_thumb.j

post-25060-0-60084800-1356871191_thumb.j

Neilston in January 1965 before a Scottish Junior Cup 3rd round tie against Dunbar United.

Back row, second from left is Tommy McMillan who later that year moved to Pittodrie and spent the next 8 years with Aberdeen, winning the Scottish Cup in 1970.

Front row centre with the ball is 18 years old Dixie Deans who was soon to move to Motherwell before playing with Celtic and Scotland in the 1970's.

n65.jpg

I must admit when I go around the different grounds I always have a look if there are old team photos on the wall. Seen some good collections at Bo'ness, Hiil of Beath, Bonnyrigg & Pollok when I've been on my travels this season.

Another couple of Pace oldies...

The first one see's coach Bert McNab tbreifing his players the week before the cup tie with Petershill in 1969.For Boness supporters,thats a young Tam Balanowski second from the left at the back.

Second photo was taken before a 0-0 draw at Perthshire,which completed an undefeated season.For Rabs fans,you should recognise Stevie Anderson and wee Batchie.Front left is a very young Beastie Russell,who had a good senior career at Alloa,Morton,etc...

post-25060-0-44444900-1356955159_thumb.j

post-25060-0-42038500-1356955184_thumb.j

Paisley Central Library should have something in their Reference section.

Failing that, go round to the Gazette offices, as they used to keep a massive archive of old photos and I'm fairly sure they've been getting the back catalogue digitised.

Thank you. Bit of a treck from Cumbernauld mind you!

Thank you. Bit of a treck from Cumbernauld mind you!

Scott, By co-incidence we covered the Burgh v Glenrothes 1968 Scottish Junior Cup Final in our programme for the recent Benburb v Glenrothes Scottish Junior Cup match.

1968 daw two fantastic matches eventually won by the Burgh. If you contact The evening times they have a picture of the Johnstone Burgh captain holding the cup aloft at Hampden Park. Thursday 16th May 1968 edition. Page 10.

My copy is very poor I am afraid.

Great thread by the way !!. The 1954 Kilsyth Rangers side were powerful by all accounts. They beat the Bens 6-0 at Shawfield in the Evening Times Cup Final. Kilsyth had future international George Mulhall in the team. The Bens did not have to wait long for revenge. A Tommy Douglas inspired Bens scored seven past Kilsyth in a league match early in the following season at Tinto Park.

Enjoy looking at the photo's,

Many Thanks,

Tinto

Scott, By co-incidence we covered the Burgh v Glenrothes 1968 Scottish Junior Cup Final in our programme for the recent Benburb v Glenrothes Scottish Junior Cup match.

1968 daw two fantastic matches eventually won by the Burgh. If you contact The evening times they have a picture of the Johnstone Burgh captain holding the cup aloft at Hampden Park. Thursday 16th May 1968 edition. Page 10.

My copy is very poor I am afraid.

Great thread by the way !!. The 1954 Kilsyth Rangers side were powerful by all accounts. They beat the Bens 6-0 at Shawfield in the Evening Times Cup Final. Kilsyth had future international George Mulhall in the team. The Bens did not have to wait long for revenge. A Tommy Douglas inspired Bens scored seven past Kilsyth in a league match early in the following season at Tinto Park.

Enjoy looking at the photo's,

Many Thanks,

Tinto

Thanks. Although, I should probably have mentioned it's the 1964/1965 season I'm interested in. My Grandfather was part of the team. Got a few photos here, but it would be nice to see some new ones if there are any.

Thanks. Although, I should probably have mentioned it's the 1964/1965 season I'm interested in. My Grandfather was part of the team. Got a few photos here, but it would be nice to see some new ones if there are any.

This was the Evening Times coverage of the replay if you don't have it already.

jb1_zps45cd9167.jpg

jb2_zpsfbb4efe1.jpg

From the same 1964 paper..

jb3_zpsc2e37f52.jpg

Pricey, did Tam Balanowski move from Dunipace directly to the Rose. It didn't work out for him at Prestonfield and he ended up at BU, just not sure who he played with inbetween.

He certainly did well at BU.