F**k Off Roberts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some supporters are badly apathetic. They are laid back to the extent that they are virtually neutral. They spout the same old stuff about Mark Roberts doing a good job under difficult circumstances, conveniently forgetting that Roberts is the chief contributor to the difficult circumstances. They praise the team in a way that would give the impression that we are title contenders and condemn supporters such as myself for being critical. Have a look at some of the Ayr United Facebook pages and the casual attitude to this crisis (yes, crisis) would make you puke. I'm sick of being told to "keep a positive attitude and we can get through this together" and "the players are every bit as gutted as the fans". Post any philosophical tripe and you are guaranteed a whole pile of likes. What is it with people? The team is awful but it chokes me even more that they are lazy. I have been preaching this stuff since the first game at Stranraer but there are not enough listeners. 2nd January, 2013, was a stinking day in Ayr United's history and anybody who could take anything from that shambles is a deluded fool.

MARKO IS HURTING 111!!

I think 1 year contracts could also be to blame for the lack of commitment shown by some players.

I've only been to the albion rovers game on boxing day this season due to moving to junior football, but what was clear to me was that the players didn't seem that bothered and didn't try because they know that they'll be off in the summer anyway...

It's a thought

Also don't see why he doesn't give longridge a shot, he seemed decent enough at the tail end of last season...

Also hutchison looked ok against dundee last season as well, where have these boys gone?!

Even though they're young I'm 110% sure they'd give everything, unlike some of the players we currently have on show.

Could probably add wyllie to the list, shankland as well...

If roberts isn't confident enough that these players can step up and change games or be involved in the team to give others a wake up call then why have them anywhere near the first team in the first place?

Surely that is only adding to the lack of effort because the players who are starting every game know they'll continue to do so regardless of their level of performance and commitment because the gaffer's too scared to drop them even if they aren't good enough...

All the roofs apart from the family stand have been replaced to remove the concrete asbestos. The total cost of the stadium repairs including the new floodlights was almost £300,000

I believe further work has still to be done, hence the reason we have no money to spend on the team.

Here is a link where you can read about it. Ayr United Stadium Repairs

'And that comes on top of the £170,000 last year for new floodlights and repairing storm damage' - Not sure if I'm being daft, but would the cost of the storm damage not be covered by insurance?

'And that comes on top of the £170,000 last year for new floodlights and repairing storm damage' - Not sure if I'm being daft, but would the cost of the storm damage not be covered by insurance?

Seemingly we're one of the few clubs that doesn't bother with medical insurance for players so I wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't bother with buildings insurance.

Now they can't claim that the damage was force majeure because they paid out fine to us in the same storm.

Was the £170k not part of the quoted £300k or was that completely separate?

Seemingly we're one of the few clubs that doesn't bother with medical insurance for players so I wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't bother with buildings insurance.

Now they can't claim that the damage was force majeure because they paid out fine to us in the same storm.

Was the £170k not part of the quoted £300k or was that completely separate?

Yes! I believe that money was already included. I was told the insurance did pay out some money, but my source tells me it was less than 10k due to the age of the old roof. I do believe there also a small grant from the government for taking away the asbestos. The club would also get some money back for the scrap value from the old flood lights, but as quoted in the paper they would have to pay for most of this work themselves.

I've also been told that further work has still to be done at Somerset, but what that work is? I do not know. This is the sort of news our board should be letting the fans know about and telling the Ayr fans exactly where the money has been spent, but you hardly blame them for staying quiet after what happened before when things were printed in the press.

Yes! I believe that money was already included. I was told the insurance did pay out some money, but my source tells me it was less than 10k due to the age of the old roof. I do believe there also a small grant from the government for taking away the asbestos. The club would also get some money back for the scap value from the old flood lights, but as quoted in the paper they would have to pay for most of this work themselves.

I've also been told that further work has still to be done at Somerset, but what that work is? I do not know. This is the sort of news our board should be letting the fans know about and telling the Ayr fans exactly where the money has been spent, but you hardly blame them for staying quiet after what happened before when things were printed in the press.

Again, I may be being daft, but do you not pay insurance to cover the cost of repairs/rebuid etc, so that would have nothing to do with the age of the roof?

Also, what's the bit in bold about?

I'm happy that repairs/improvements are being made, I just wish the club would tell the fans about what's going on.

Back to the thread... If Roberts is allowed to bring in new players during the window then surely that's a sign that the board are going to back him?

That was such a stroll, cant beleive how poor Ayr were.

Had a great day out except for the poor/uneducated stewards in the main stand.

We sat near the centre line and when we celebrated our third goal we were told to move as

we should be over the other side. Steward had no badge or ID and when I asked to see it all I got

was abuse. We did not make an issue of it and moved over to where most QOS fans were

sitting. Poor form from a club that should know better.

All credit to the majority of Ayr fans who stayed to the end even though they were getting a hiding.

Hope rumours not true that we are signing Moffat.

Many visiting fans say much the same about our stewards, as do many Ayr fans about stewards they encounter at other clubs. Personally, I rarely have a problem with them, but then I follow the rules and treat them with respect. At the last game down your way we met a friendly QotS steward who went out of his way to help us.

However, what on earth are you doing sitting in the Ayr section of the stand? There is a big enough space reserved for the visiting supporters, if you sit in the Ayr section - and celebrate Queen's goals - then I would expect you to be moved! And why you would then feel the need to see his badge or ID beats me, he would be wearing a yellow jacket with STEWARD emblazoned on it!! Seems like it's YOU who are uneducated, not the steward who asked you to move to your proper area.

It's a bit like the Ayr fans complaining about being picked on when they refused to sit down, despite being asked, in the stand at Alloa, when there was a place for them to go and stand if they wanted. Sadly, too many fans seem to take the song "We'll do what we want" literally and complain when they are slapped down.

But yes, we were very poor and it hurts to have to support such a lacklustre team. I stayed to the end but many supporters around me started leaving when your 3rd goal went in as they knew a humping was on the way, and I can't really blame them for it. Most of the ones who stayed only did so to boo the team off.

Cause he is too slow at left-back ??;)

He's shit at left back and even worse at centre back. Us being 3 down to Hibs within 15 minutes at Easter Road was as a direct result of him "playing" there.

Many visiting fans say much the same about our stewards, as do many Ayr fans about stewards they encounter at other clubs. Personally, I rarely have a problem with them, but then I follow the rules and treat them with respect. At the last game down your way we met a friendly QotS steward who went out of his way to help us.

However, what on earth are you doing sitting in the Ayr section of the stand? There is a big enough space reserved for the visiting supporters, if you sit in the Ayr section - and celebrate Queen's goals - then I would expect you to be moved! And why you would then feel the need to see his badge or ID beats me, he would be wearing a yellow jacked with STEWARD emblazoned on it!! Seems like it's YOU who are uneducated, not the steward who asked you to move to your proper area.

It's a bit like the Ayr fans complaining about being picked on when they refused to sit down, despite being asked, in the stand at Alloa, when there was a place for them to go and stand if they wanted. Sadly, too many fans seem to take the song "We'll do what we want" literally and complain when they are slapped down.

But yes, we were very poor and it hurts to have to support such a lacklustre team. I stayed to the end but many supporters around me started leaving when your 3rd goal went in as they knew a humping was on the way, and I can't really blame them for it. Most of the ones who stayed only did so to boo the team off.

So there's specific parts of the stand away fans aren't allowed to enter? :huh:

Why's that?

Archived