F**k Off Roberts

first;y hi marko

secondly no, i must not

you forgot to tell us you were hurting more than anyone....

and yes we will

^^^ POISON.

“A lot of people will go on various internet sites and post things that are completely false. I think these pages are poison and have a detrimental effect to everything you’re doing.

“Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but it’s not my cup of tea."

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all those Ayr united fans out there, who are begging for Markos head. You must give him time. Hes a new manager and its a learning curve for him.

I am good friends with the guy and I speak with him on a regular basis.

And for sure hes going to get things wrong in his first season, but we had the same with Jackie Macnamara.in his first season.

You as fans have to get behind him and support him, throwing abuse at the guy, doesnt help matters one little bit. Your clubs has a limited budget but you have a manager who knows plenty of contacts in the business. and is well respected.

This guy has ambitions for your club. Hes on a 2 year contract. and is still a player. He has scored some wonderful goals over the seasons. you's might be in a bottom league position just now but you were playing the league leaders last night. I'm positive the results will improve.

You must also remember that you are a part time club, and as much as he would love to be at the training ground all week its not possible.

So stop your bitching and whining, get behind the guy. Support him and the team and stick with it .

You will not be relegated .

First Point RE: Macnamara, he got some decent results his first year, thistle didn't come close to going down, it wasn't obvious from the 1st competitive game that he wasn't up to the job

Second Point RE: Playing the league leaders, QOTH finished below us last season as a full time team, both teams had different managers, currently we are 28 points behind them as well as 7 league places, QOTS are full time so should be better prepared, but so were Raith and Livingston and we we're never 28 points behind them.

Third point RE: Training, Brian Reid had a part time team and we were never as easy to beat, week in week out as we are now

Being respected and being ambitious is a good thing, unfortunately it doesn’t come hand in hand with managerial ability.

If you think Ayr fans are being unreasonable, have a read through the match threads from the games this season, see what opposition fans are saying about us, a common comment is "the worst Ayr team I have ever seen"

At 3-1 his tactic was, bring on a 37 year old at center half and put a right back up front, 4-1 was take a center forward off and put a guy who was billed as a center forward at the start of the season and play him infront of the back 4, and move the right back playing up front to the right wing. At 5-1 he stood looking away from the pitch while his team stood and watched QOTH play round them.

No Heart, no tactics, no fight, no clue

To all those Ayr united fans out there, who are begging for Markos head. You must give him time. Hes a new manager and its a learning curve for him.

And for sure hes going to get things wrong in his first season, but we had the same with Jackie Macnamara.in his first season.

You as fans have to get behind him and support him, throwing abuse at the guy, doesnt help matters one little bit. Your clubs has a limited budget but you have a manager who knows plenty of contacts in the business. and is well respected.

This guy has ambitions for your club. Hes on a 2 year contract. and is still a player. He has scored some wonderful goals over the seasons. you's might be in a bottom league position just now but you were playing the league leaders last night. I'm positive the results will improve.

You must also remember that you are a part time club, and as much as he would love to be at the training ground all week its not possible.

So stop your bitching and whining, get behind the guy. Support him and the team and stick with it .

At the moment you're too nice to be a good manager,this shower of shite need training sessions with a drill sergeant to weed out those not looking to put in the effort(it's embarrassing how much more effort Moffat puts in compared to his team mates).

5 or 6 should have been dropped after that debacle against East Fife, for 30 minutes we played like a team rarely seen in an Ayr strip, only to play like fannies for the remainder,furious, drop them and play any cnut when they're not putting in 100%, play any cnut instead of McStay, doesn't know what maximum effort means.

Do you know any decent names that will come in as manager and excite the remaining handful of Ayr fans?

MARKO,YOU ARE KILLING THIS CLUB RAPIDLY, FCUKING GROW A PAIR, GET YOUR PALS TELT TO PLAY FOR THE JERSEY OR GET TAE FCUK.

If you were there watching that game yesterday you wouldn't be making that post today. To blame the Ayr United fans is totally wrong as the fans have supported Mark Roberts, but it is just not working for him as manager. We really don't need anyone telling us we have a new young manager with a limited budget, we are well aware of the big problems at Somerset Park.

Yesterday a Queens fan posted on here said "Credit to the majority of Ayr fans who stayed untill the end"? Does that sound like a bunch of supporters who have turned on their manager? Our problem with Marko is how poor his team are lining up each week and for Marko to have been a professional player for so long? he can't seem to see the obvious mistakes his team are making every week.

Markos team are the most dis-organised outfit I've seen play at Somerset and its really painful to watch.

The games Ayr have won under Marko have been all down to luck and nothing to do with his team getting better. If you take the Albion Rovers game for example when we won 2-1, It took two penalties that day to win that game and the penalty to win the game came deep into injury time. The Stranraer game was another very lucky win as Stranraer should have had a stonewaller penalty and the ref didn't give it and Ayr went straight up the park scored the winner deep into injury time while the Stranraer player were chasing the ref complaining about the not given penalty.

The Scottish Cup game against Clachnacuddin was only 2-1 to Ayr and that was another game that took another penalty to win that game. If you ask any of the away fans who have been at Somerset they would all probably say that their team should have won as Ayr were crap.

The only team Ayr deserved to beat was Brechin-C and they were honestly worst Brechin team I had ever watched Ayr Utd play and just look where they are now in the league? Why are Brechin sitting in 3rd place? because they knew it just wasn't working under Jim Weir and they sacked him straight after the defeat at Somerset. Since that match Ayr Utd have only managed to take 11pts from 11 games played and if you look at their results it gets worse as we have only taken 1pt from our last 5 games played and 3 of these games were at home and you come on here criticise the Ayr fans for being worried?

After reading this post again I honestly think that I need to go and lie down.

Roberts comments post match

After the match, a shattered Mark Roberts said: “It wasn’t good enough. There was nothing between the teams early on and we got the early goal, however we need to hold out longer than we did.

“The first goal was a really bad one to lose. The second was scored as a result of a cross from the exact same area to the exact same area, the only difference was it was a QOTS player on the end of it

“After they scored that one there was only one winner. it was an equalizer....What kind of comment is that to make? they scored so we were always going to get humped after that

“The boys now realise where they are and they need to start performing on the pitch. Should they not have known this in July ?

“We are such a Jekyll and Hyde team it’s frightening. We looked good against Alloa but today Queens picked us off at will in the second half. What changed? only you know

“The heads went down after losing the third goal and we looked toothless. We've looked toothless from the start of the season, but you said we were beat as soon as they scored

“Queens will win the league by February at this rate and fair play to them. and we’ll be out of play-off contention

Looking ahead to Saturday’s match, he said: “It is a massive game and it won’t be pretty. We were well beaten the last time we played there and we need to get our finger out. None of the games have been pretty despite a promise of bringing back fans with Champagne football, Fingers should have been out around September time

“I’ll be trying my best to bring some players in before then as I am not getting enough from the current set of players. I definitely need to freshen it up to show the guys that they won’t play week in week out if they don't perform.” Well said, but you were the one who signed the current crop of diddies so I have little confidence that you will sign anyone capable

U can't have pals playing for you THEY will get u the sack

He certainly doesn't want to gain some enemies if that's the standard of his pals.

He'd be better having a wee word with his wee pal Les, I'm sure he's too nice a guy to bullshit him.

First Point RE: Macnamara, he got some decent results his first year, thistle didn't come close to going down, it wasn't obvious from the 1st competitive game that he wasn't up to the job

Second Point RE: Playing the league leaders, QOTH finished below us last season as a full time team, both teams had different managers, currently we are 28 points behind them as well as 7 league places, QOTS are full time so should be better prepared, but so were Raith and Livingston and we we're never 28 points behind them.

Third point RE: Training, Brian Reid had a part time team and we were never as easy to beat, week in week out as we are now

Being respected and being ambitious is a good thing, unfortunately it doesn’t come hand in hand with managerial ability.

If you think Ayr fans are being unreasonable, have a read through the match threads from the games this season, see what opposition fans are saying about us, a common comment is "the worst Ayr team I have ever seen"

At 3-1 his tactic was, bring on a 37 year old at center half and put a right back up front, 4-1 was take a center forward off and put a guy who was billed as a center forward at the start of the season and play him infront of the back 4, and move the right back playing up front to the right wing. At 5-1 he stood looking away from the pitch while his team stood and watched QOTH play round them.

No Heart, no tactics, no fight, no clue

We were all commenting about how strange his substitutions were

It's a real shame the way things are going as I think without Mark Roberts, Ayr would never have won promotion back to the 1st Division either time. As a manager though, he hasn't got it.

The players he has brought in are bloody awful. I genuinely believe I, or any of the guys standing beside me at the game yesterday, could have put up a better fight yesterday. Our players are, with the exception of 2 or 3 who I feel sorry for, utter fucking goons.

So what's the solution guys?

If they sack him who do they bring in?

And if they keep him what changes would you make to keep Ayr in the division?

Advertise the job for once, see who is interested rather than pick someone at random from the current payroll

Rip up McGowan's contract, allow Twaddle, Mcstay, Winters, Brown, & Merengi to "find other clubs"

Sign or at least play players who care about the result, the only 3 things that Ross Robertson did when he came on yesterday was was put in 3 frustrated thumping challanges and ended up getting booked, he was the only person to look as if he was taking the defeat personaly, too many of them put in half a shift week in week out.

Moffat 99% of the time could not put in more effort that he does, Robbie Crawford runs for 90min as does McCausland, the trialist looked interesed as well, other than that they are a shower of wasters, Sinclair was given some slack when he was scoring goals, now he's as bad as the rest of them.

I could handle being relegated playing a team of boys, if that is all we could afford, but we can afford 8-9 pro's and they are the ones letting the club down

Advertise the job for once, see who is interested rather than pick someone at random from the current payroll

Rip up McGowan's contract, allow Twaddle, Mcstay, Winters, Brown, & Merengi to "find other clubs"

Sign or at least play players who care about the result, the only 3 things that Ross Robertson did when he came on yesterday was was put in 3 frustrated thumping challanges and ended up getting booked, he was the only person to look as if he was taking the defeat personaly, too many of them put in half a shift week in week out.

Moffat 99% of the time could not put in more effort that he does, Robbie Crawford runs for 90min as does McCausland, the trialist looked interesed as well, other than that they are a shower of wasters, Sinclair was given some slack when he was scoring goals, now he's as bad as the rest of them.

I could handle being relegated playing a team of boys, if that is all we could afford, but we can afford 8-9 pro's and they are the ones letting the club down

I think if they advertised the post they would get some decent candidates. Ayr is an attractive job and I'm sure a lot of out of work gaffers woyuld relish the opportunity. Unfortunately they don't come cheap, which added to the current gaffer and coaching staff's pay-offs makes me believe the board will continue with Marko. I also feel this is the correct decision at the minute.

Surely the players mentioned are all under contract until at least the end of the season so, again, unless you are going to pay them off which is highly unlikely they will remain players unless someone comes in and buys them or they negogiate a release both of which are highly unlikely.

I've never undertsood the mind-set of fans who think that a player running about like a headless chicken or flying into challenges until he gets booked is a good thing? Of course you want players who play for the jersey and care about the result but there has to be a middle ground. Moffat and Crawford certainly have that and I think you will be lucky to hold onto both of them past January if runmours are true.

Completely agree with you on the pro's. I feel the whole root of the problem this year is Marko hasn't got value from the 3 or 4 experienced boys he brought in. When I saw he had signed guys like Twaddle and McCann I thought, as I'm sure Marko and indeed most of the fans, that they would be great signings who would guarantee you a 7/10 every week. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case but I do believe these guys have performances in them.They just need to find them before it's too late.

And finally, I do not believe filling the team with Academy players is the answer.

Agree with most, if not quite all of that. Only glaring omission is firing Austin McCann into space.

You're well placed to make an impartial judgement on his performance then eh?

Sit down.

I think if they advertised the post they would get some decent candidates. Ayr is an attractive job and I'm sure a lot of out of work gaffers woyuld relish the opportunity. Unfortunately they don't come cheap, which added to the current gaffer and coaching staff's pay-offs makes me believe the board will continue with Marko. I also feel this is the correct decision at the minute.

Surely the players mentioned are all under contract until at least the end of the season so, again, unless you are going to pay them off which is highly unlikely they will remain players unless someone comes in and buys them or they negogiate a release both of which are highly unlikely.

I've never undertsood the mind-set of fans who think that a player running about like a headless chicken or flying into challenges until he gets booked is a good thing? Of course you want players who play for the jersey and care about the result but there has to be a middle ground. Moffat and Crawford certainly have that and I think you will be lucky to hold onto both of them past January if runmours are true.

Completely agree with you on the pro's. I feel the whole root of the problem this year is Marko hasn't got value from the 3 or 4 experienced boys he brought in. When I saw he had signed guys like Twaddle and McCann I thought, as I'm sure Marko and indeed most of the fans, that they would be great signings who would guarantee you a 7/10 every week. Unfortunately this hasn't been the case but I do believe these guys have performances in them.They just need to find them before it's too late.

And finally, I do not believe filling the team with Academy players is the answer.

My Point about Robertson wasnt that he was lunging into challanges, it was the fact that he looked annoyed that we were getting beat and he was running past other Ayr players to put a challenge in, where as the rest were not putting any effort in at all.

My Point about the players contracts, a player doesn't want relegation on their CV, if playing for Ayr will not get them a stepping stone move to a bigger club then they would perhaps be willing to find other employment somewhere else depending on how good their agent is.

As for the pay-off for getting rid of the management, if it is true that Cameron gave a rookie manager a 2 year contract, considering that out of 6 managerial appointments in 8 years, only 1 hasn't been an absolute failure(only the Rab's were sacked though).........then he should be picking up the bill for gross miss-management

There is also the gamble that, with a different manager, there could be 4 extra games via the play-offs and a possible promotion, which would off-set any pay-off due to Roberts and White

At the moment, we are facing an inconsistent Albion Rovers & Stranraer and a consistantly pish Ayr ending up in a 3 way relegation battle

Sit the Pro's ( sic ) in the stand for a month or two, they obviously WANT to play football, but to use your analogy there giving 4/10 at best. Play Academy players, they cannot be any worse, and if the pro's are still around having not agreed to tear up their own contracts, then give them another chance.

1200 for a Festive game where the opposition bring 300+ is bad news. As a previous QOS poster stated, the majority of AUFC fans stayed to the end, that's because we are left with the real hardcore, nobody in their right mind will watch 2 games at £15 for the rest of the season.

Agree with your post madonjag67. I believe things will improve given time.

McNamara had a poor first season with Thistle & only really now are things coming together. It takes time to build a team capable of competing at the right end of the table & Thistle have slowly built a capable squad on limited funds, cause as far as I know (I'm no expert on Thistle's finances) they didn't have a great deal of money at their disposal. ''Aye but McNamara's team weren't dragged into the relegation zone'', no but he did have better players at his disposal.

I honestly think it's about time our supporters got a bit of a reality check. We're not the club we once were, infact we weren't even much of a club even then to be honest. We had a bit of a heyday (in recent times) 15 years ago with the Barr era, but even then I remember there not really being any real conviction that we would ever make it to the next level of progression, which in those days was the new stadium & going for the SPL.

Nowadays, ''the next level'' is trying to get back to being a regular 1st Division outfit. Again, I get the same feeling that there is not really any conviction from the board to get us there. Content with being a sh1tey wee team that occasionally flirts with the playoffs & it's a bonus if we get promoted. For as long as I can remember of the recent few seasons, we've had to build virtually a full squad every pre-season. Looking back now, Reid done very well with what he had at his disposal. Yes he made mistakes along the way but he did manage two promotions.

Roberts then gets the nod & pre-season results look great, we're signing some good prospects & playing some really nice football. That's all very well pre-season but the games are not played with that competitive edge, there is no points at stake, so in reality there is less pressure on the players. Add to that the fact that there is guys playing for contracts & they're going to pull out all their best traits to catch the eye.

So we're now in January & we've known for a few months that we need a few more additions to the squad. Preferably a hatchet man in the middle of the park & a comanding no nonsense centre half. I'd also have liked us to have held onto the lad from Hamilton up front as he seemed to have a physical pressence. I feel Robertson could do that for us now but Roberts doesn't seem to fancy him, and he lacks pace from what I've seen.

Anyway, back to Roberts staying or going etc. I think we really should give it longer & look to keep the better players in this squad together for more than a season. Roberts will have an idea of the types of players he wants to add to his squad, and he'll know the ones he doesn't think are capable. This months a big month for us in terms of signings. If we can get a couple of loans or even an out of contracter to bolster the squad then we'll hopefully finish above the relegation zone. Next season you've got Sevco in the 2nd & the season after that it might be the reconstruction, so for me, I'd like to see us building a competitive squad for next season & going for promotion along with Sevco. The season after is anyone's guess what's going to happen so I'd like to see us in the 1st before the big changes take place. If we get relegated, that'll be it for us as a club if you ask me.

Yes, we've had some extremely poor results, but we've had some results where we've grinded out a win. We had a wee spell where we avoided defeat, followed by a bad spell, stopped the rot against Alloa with a 0-0 draw (where I thought we played some nice football & were the better team) & then destroyed yesterday by the leagues strongest team. However, I do think Roberts is trying to get the team to play football the right way & it's a learning curve for both the players and the manager, so there is bound to be inconsistency etc. My only concern is the lack of confidence in the players & the fact that it only takes one bad pass for the atmosphere at Somerset to turn sour. I'm urging all supporters to ride out the storm, continue to back the team & eventually Roberts will get it right, as will the players. A lot of them are in their first season in this league & will take time to adjust. Some will say they've had enough time already but half a season isn't really that long. I'll hold my hands up just now and say that if he doesn't get it right then I'll take back everything I've just said but we need to be patient. He's working with one arm behind his back due to not having anything in the way of finances & that's down to our tight @rse board. They could change this situation if they were remotely interested in the fortunes of the team but Roberts is left to try and do it the hard way.

Archived