F**k Off Roberts

Gary Bollan would be a great choice , he's not a rookie manager got good experience at Livi , The Ayr Chairman has got to stand up and take the blame for giving Roberts the job ( I didn't see many fans unhappy at the time of appointment )

You can never judge a book by it's cover as they say. It's not until you've had a few months that you can make a decent judgement. We're now about 6 in with Roberts and it's going backwards week in week out.

We have some decent individual players and a couple of wage thieves but if the squad pulled together and played I would have no doubt that we would be occupying one of the playoff spots.

The league position is an accurate reflection on how we've played over the course of the season, it's really not that great just now and it's the first season I've felt generally pessimistic about our chances.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's never easy giving the Gaffers job to a former player , and a player who was part of the team who were relegated cut your loses now and make the change , before it's too late we at Alloa went throught it 18 months ago . Change Now for the better. Long term

Just look at Brechin !!!!!!!!!!

It's never easy giving the Gaffers job to a former player , and I player who was part of the team who were relegated cut your loses now and make the change , before it's too late we at Alloa went throught it 18 months ago . Change Now for the better. Long term

Just look at Brechin !!!!!!!!!!

Indeed. Sure fire recipe for disaster ;)

If he has attacked a fan then fair enough. However, if it was an exchange of verbals surely the fan should be big enough to take abuse back?

Don't agree with this. Fans shouldn't be abusive but sometimes the passion boils over but players and managers shouldn't react IMO and if its that bad get the police or stewards to sort it.

Don't agree with this. Fans shouldn't be abusive but sometimes the passion boils over but players and managers shouldn't react IMO and if its that bad get the police or stewards to sort it.

I think his point was that if a fan is giving abuse to anyone - other fans/ a player/ a manager - then they shouldn't overreact if they get something similar back in return. Whether Roberts should have reacted in a more professional manner is a different question. Of course if he launched himself into the crowd and started swinging wildly at everybody in sight then I guess the fan probably does have cause for complaint - I wasn't there, so have no idea.

There's nothing that annoys me more than when fans complain about players or managers giving some stick back to fans who have been abusing them all game.

Marko would have been gutted walking off that park and then some muppet decides to give him pelters. No wonder he snapped back. Would love to know how many of you would allow a member of the public to come to your work and abuse you and take it in silence.

I would take it as a positive how he reacted. Would you rather he walked off the park in silence? That would worry me more and suggest a level of acceptance over a performance that was, from what I'm led to believe, unacceptable.

Here's Mark Roberts post-match comment:

“It is not acceptable. We are now in a relegation battle. The quicker the players realise that the better.

“I have so much belief in the players but they are not giving us enough at the moment.

“They are talented boys but they are not grinding out results and we are in trouble.

“We are massively underachieving but the harsh reality is that we are in a relegation scrap. I think we’ll get out it though.

“We didn’t deserve to win the game and it’s not good enough for Ayr United. We don’t have a god given right to win against Albion Rovers but with the players we have, we should be.

As Roberts trudged towards the dressing room post-match, he had an altercation with a fan.

He said: “I was having a word with the referee after the game and a supporter started having a go at me and they have the right to say what they think.

“I have bigger problems than that to deal with though. The fans are frustrated and I guarantee I’m more annoyed than they are. It’s my livelihood on the line and if matters don’t improve it could be curtains for me.”

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Nobody has the right to call anyone scum. Though the frustrations of the support was clear to see/hear at the end of the match and people vent their anger in many many ways. Roberts as the manager should never attack anyone (if he did I dad not see this) and should respond in a professional manner at an appropriate time.

Yes Ayr have massively under achieved and if the reception they recieved at the end of the match does not spark them into life, make them realise they have to knuckle down and be proud to wear the badge then heads must roll. Going to be interesting training sessions this week and a Big Big game at the weekend.

On the up side the money from the Rangers games next season will come in handy ;)

Ayr fans calling other teams in the league, diddies. Pleasing!

Alloa Athletic - second in the league with one of the brightest young managers in Scottish football yet struggling to get gates of 400 - fans failing to see that they are diddies. Baffling!

Nobody has the right to call anyone scum. Though the frustrations of the support was clear to see/hear at the end of the match and people vent their anger in many many ways. Roberts as the manager should never attack anyone (if he did I dad not see this) and should respond in a professional manner at an appropriate time.

No-one did - because it didn't happen. End of. If you want to campaign against your manager, base it on facts.

No-one did - because it didn't happen. End of. If you want to campaign against your manager, base it on facts.

And the FACT is I did not see this either so was not stating this as fact. Also I don't won't a campaign agaist the manager, just stating an opinion. Thats fact

Marko would have been gutted walking off that park and then some muppet decides to give him pelters. No wonder he snapped back. Would love to know how many of you would allow a member of the public to come to your work and abuse you and take it in silence.

Dreadful analogy! People don't pay £15 per week to come to my office and sing my name, while I'm helping my clients. People don't buy scarves with my name on them. People don't cheer if I slide-tackle an old lady in the supermarket.

Other than that I take your point!

Here's Mark Roberts post-match comment:

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Roberts has the ability to say the right things, he's done it since he got the job like he was never a K****e fan and he loves Ayr, and for the last few weeks saying that it's unacceptable......it is but he's the 1 man that can do something about it, either turn it around or walk away.

Bearing in mind this is his mess, we've went from yoyo team, through mid-table mediocrity to relegation dog fight in 15 games

he needs to say the right things to the players now

And the FACT is I did not see this either so was not stating this as fact. Also I don't won't a campaign agaist the manager, just stating an opinion. Thats fact

he did go fur a fan i was ryt next tae it and saw it

Archived