F**k Off Roberts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Across 1st Team , Reserves & U19s this week an Aggregate score of 14 - 0 is not showing Ayr Utd to be on the right track and moving in a positive direction ?

How can one week justify this? What are the previous weeks aggregate results? Not that it really matters, but it would be interesting.

Were we not supposed to be challenging for at least a play off spot last year, if not challenge for the title.

Mark Roberts , Davie White , Andy Millen , Andy Goram & the 19s coaches all in attendance at the Reserve game v Queens Park at Toryglen last night. I think these guys deserve some credit for the work they are putting in right through the Club , not just the 1st Team , trying to build it from the bottom up.

Result :

Queens Park 0 v 4 Ayr Utd

Jai Holland the striker from the u17s scored a fine hattrick and I am sure Ayr Utd fans will see him come through sooner rather than later. The Ayr Utd centre mid ( no 7 ) has only just turned 15 and also had a good game.

Results from the week end at 1st Team Level 5 - 0 v Stranraer and u19s 5 - 0 v Queen of the South would indicate that Mark Roberts and his coaching staff ( Club & Academy ) are on the right track.

Hiya Davie, hiya pal!

From the outside looking in it wouldn't appear Ayr are doing anything of note at youth level. They don't exactly seem to be horrendous but neither are they looking to be pushing to be one of the better sides outwith the clubs running academy set -ups.

What do you mean outwith clubs running an academy?

I believe some clubs have academy status at the sfa, they need to qualify this is various ways which includes the u20/19 side being ft it's essentially the standard you need to be to play in the u20s .

Ayr United Football Academy , not an academy :lol:

After looking into it a little bit it appears I've been a little crude and taken something the oracle (HJ) has said a little bit too far. What I really mean is clubs that have elite academy set ups, and ft u19/20 sides,(it doesn't appear u19/20 sides are regulated in the same way)

You may laugh but clubs calling the set up an academy doesnt make it so.

After looking into it a little bit it appears I've been a little crude and taken something the oracle (HJ) has said a little bit too far. What I really mean is clubs that have elite academy set ups, and ft u19/20 sides,(it doesn't appear u19/20 sides are regulated in the same way)

You may laugh but clubs calling the set up an academy doesnt make it so.

All the info you would ever want on it

http://www.dafc.co.uk/page/SFATermsOfReference

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/Part2:National/Part2Sect7_YouthTeamFootballCriteria.pdf

Yea just had a little read of that stuff, which I why I've held my hands up and say I used the wrong phrasing.

I would presume they have one of the levels of award, i cant see it being below entry level IMO

but i cant tell you , this is where you step up Youth guy wherever you are

Would you be happy if Roberts had played attacking football (wide men, lots of men forward) and used kids but as a result suffered a lot of defeats. If he kept us in this league but brought high scores and excitement to Somerset every other week?

False dichotomy. Subbing himself on for Alan Forrest at EEP didn't exactly shore the game up.

Oh, and Kyle is back in.

Is it not unreasonable to say he might have one remit from the board and one from the fans?

If his remit from the board was to avoid relegation then that is a disgrace and a real worry.

He has failed in his stated aim to play entertaining football. He has failed in his remit to view games against Rangers and Dunfermline as games we should be trying to compete in. He has failed in his remit to positively influence games by tactical decisions and substitutions. He has failed to produce a consistent run of form.

In short, Roberts has failed to display any discernible managerial acumen whatsoever.

Having two remits, one from the Board and one from the fans, is entirely unreasonable. Do you really expect the Manager to fulfil the objectives from two different remits ?

I like how you phrase your point."If his remit from the Board......." Once again, there is no certainty what the remit is.

As for the highlighted area of your post, I would contend that this is an imaginary remit that you have conjured up to fit your argument. I don't believe for a second that any such remit was communicated to the Manager by the Board, the fans or the Man on the Moon.

Let me humbly suggest that any remit given to the Manager is in the form of targets that can be evaluated by simply considering the statistics. Subjective elements such as influence and tactics matter not a jot if measurable objectives are achieved. The only thing out of reach of our team at the moment is the title and that certainly wasn't part of the Manager's remit to deliver.

Finishing second, third or fourth makes very little difference and if Mark Roberts finishes in any of these positions he will have achieved, or over-achieved, his aim in relation to league placing. Nobody can argue with the fact that Ayr United are in a Play-Off position and for those who are anticipating failure, I'm afraid that does not mean that the Manager is not delivering his remit at this stage.

We all want to see entertaining football but if the alternative is boring football with a Play-Off place, I suspect many Ayr fans would prefer the tangible outcome and an opportunity to compete for promotion.

Your last paragraph is entirely subjective. Some people will agree with you and others will disagree.

Can we let the pedantic remit hunt go? An unfortunate choice of term which frankly none of us has any real insight into.

Instead, we all have an idea where Mr Roberts is taking our club and for the majority, it's/he's not good enough.

We can make football as subjective or objective as we like, we pays our money, we makes our choice... Roberts out!

Roberts has failed to demonstrate any discernible managerial acumen. That's not a matter of opinion, he simply hasn't. The guy is not an asset to management in any way. He also hasn't positively influenced games with tactical decisions or substitutions. The guy has shown nothing in a coaching or managerial sense and nobody can argue otherwise.

A manager has a de facto remit. The whole point of his job. It doesn't necessarily matter what a board specify, or don't specify, but being competitive and producing consistency is part of a manager's raison d'être.

I don't really care what his remit from the board was, or even if he was given one. Roberts is a failure of a manager and the droves vanishing from the Somerset terraces attest to that better than anything else.

Not sure where Pars for Life is coming from. Clubs are graded out of 5 " stars ". I believe the Ayr Utd Youth Academy is currently graded 3 star. Clubs are also graded " Elite " , " Performance " and Youth Iniative. Ayr Utd Youth Academy are currently graded " Performance " exactly the same as Dunfermline however their is talk of the SFA helping Dunfermline , Raith Rovers etc form a Fife Regional Academy shortly in the same way that the SFA helped Falkirk and Stenhousemuir " merge " their Youth Academies to form Forth Valley.

Archived