F**k Off Roberts

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hardly the first time though, is it?

I think that's the point...

But ultimately it's not about one game. It's not about losing at home to Forfar, or away at Airdrie, or even being nine points behind Stranraer. It's about whether Mark Roberts is doing a good job and the answer to that question must be no. How can anyone say he is?

Last season was an aberration (I personally don't think we deserved to win a single game - Brechin at home in Jim Weir's final game) and the stark truth is that after 27 games this season we've only got 4 more points, have scored 2 fewer goals and conceded 3 more.

Jeez. You would think Ayr United were bottom of the league the way are reacting to Roberts.

You mean the same way they were when they actually *were* bottom of the league, in a far less competitive group, last season? A season where Ayr finished seventh after being pre-season favourites?

The only thing that should have been keeping Roberts in a job was that despite Ayr being plainly inferior to the top three teams in the league, they were holding their own in the last playoff spot by beating dross like Airdrie and Forfar. Now even that looks like it's going to collapse. It'll be another complete pumping at the weekend, probably in front of a crowd not significantly better than last night's. I can already see Morton being a dozen points ahead of Ayr at this point next season if this carries on.

I think the 'football world' will be happy to see the back the wee ned c**t Roberts. He's had more than enough time now and Ayr don't seem to be improving. Yes, they are in the play off spot but much like ourselves have went through periods of months playing consistently shite and it can't just be accepted because they are still in the play offs.

I think it shows how dung the league is in the bottom half that Ayr are 4th and we are 5th despite months of ineptitude.

Ok but is there anyone on the Ayr site defending him? All through Boyle' s time at Airdrie there were supporters who blamed everything except him.

Their numbers are extremely thin now if there are any left, start of the season there were a fair few of us saying give him another chance to learn from mistake etc etc. Up until Christmas I was defending him but it's becoming inexcusable, every game I've managed to get to this year we've gone another step backwards. Didn't make it last night but by the sounds of it we took leaps backwards.

I think the 'football world' will be happy to see the back the wee ned c**t Roberts. He's had more than enough time now and Ayr don't seem to be improving. Yes, they are in the play off spot but much like ourselves have went through periods of months playing consistently shite and it can't just be accepted because they are still in the play offs.

I think it shows how dung the league is in the bottom half that Ayr are 4th and we are 5th despite months of ineptitude.

Correct - up until Friday we had only lost to a team below us in the table once.

It's all very well having ideas above your station, but you're 4th in the table, only behind two full-time sides and what is probably the best Stranraer team in decades. There's still a great chance Ayr could go up via the playoffs.

Having said that, your manager is a bellend and presents a terrible image for your club.

It's all very well having ideas above your station, but you're 4th in the table, only behind two full-time sides and what is probably the best Stranraer team in decades. There's still a great chance Ayr could go up via the playoffs.

Having said that, your manager is a bellend and presents a terrible image for your club.

I'm more worried that we reach the play off finals and get a double digit lesson from yourselves in the final, I feel that would be a no returner for most of those left.

It's not so much being fourth, it really comes down to Ayr just ticking along without any quality coaching or management, either with the first team or rest of the set-up. Performances have never really been particularly good, even when we've won games.

I defended Roberts for a while as I was taken in by his expressed intention of trying to get us playing football. There really is nothing there though. We do have some decent players who will drag us through games slightly more often than not - Moffat miles more than anyone, clearly - but nobody can look at it and claim Roberts is an asset of any description to Ayr Utd. It really is pointless having him as manager.

It's not so much being fourth, it really comes down to Ayr just ticking along without any quality coaching or management, either with the first team or rest of the set-up. Performances have never really been particularly good, even when we've won games.

I defended Roberts for a while as I was taken in by his expressed intention of trying to get us playing football. There really is nothing there though. We do have some decent players who will drag us through games slightly more often than not - Moffat miles more than anyone, clearly - but nobody can look at it and claim Roberts is an asset of any description to Ayr Utd. It really is pointless having him as manager.

When is Robert's contract up? Can Ayr afford to pay him off?

There's still a great chance Ayr could go up via the playoffs.

Ayr United's aggregate scoreline this season against the three teams above them in league games:

Sevco: 0-7

Dunfermline: 3-12

Stranraer: 4-11

That's seven scored, 30 conceded, and one point picked up.

It's a shame as Roberts was a great player for us, but he's just not cut out to be a manager. He's even had a decent amount of money and spent it all on pish last season. We actually had a good solid start to the season as well, playing good football. But Campbells injury ruined the back 4 and Kyles signing ruined the style of play. Be interesting to see the stats of win % with and without Kyle, i'd imagine it'd be significantly worse with him in the side. Roberts needs to go, and he can take Davie White, Andy Millen and Andy Goram with him.

Someone on The Honest Page posted that Stranraer are 6/4 on Saturday, fill your boots, Ayr can only avoid a defeat if they fluke it on Saturday, Stranraer are at least a level above Ayr at the moment.

I must apologise, I forgot Kyle was suspended for this one, we did look decent at times in our early games.

Archived