F**k Off Roberts

Also meant to say that last season both Dunfermline & Ayr Utd Youth Academy played against the " top " sides across all Age Groups week in week out. This season both Ayr Utd Youth Academy & Dunfermlines Youths play in the Match Day 2 set of fixtures which means they don't play the Elite teams week in week out ie Celtic , Rangers , Hearts , Hibs etc. Note : This was not down to Results on the Park the season before as Ayr's then u15s drew 2 - 2 at Murray Park , Beat Aberdeen , Motherwell , ICT away. Beat Dundee Utd at Home etc . Its all down to " ticking boxes " such as Playing Facilities , Coaches Badges etc etc as to the grade each Club is given as the above LINKs explain , its not a competitive League which some would argue it should be where " Results " dictate what " League " you play in.

Ayr 17s have recently played Killie away who are termed " Elite " and drew 2-2 in a game many onlookers would say they should have won.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where Pars for Life is coming from. Clubs are graded out of 5 " stars ". I believe the Ayr Utd Youth Academy is currently graded 3 star. Clubs are also graded " Elite " , " Performance " and Youth Iniative. Ayr Utd Youth Academy are currently graded " Performance " exactly the same as Dunfermline however their is talk of the SFA helping Dunfermline , Raith Rovers etc form a Fife Regional Academy shortly in the same way that the SFA helped Falkirk and Stenhousemuir " merge " their Youth Academies to form Forth Valley.

Fair enough, if your 3 star then it suggests you have quite good structures in place for a club of your size, and I don't think you can get 4 * as you need to provide a pathway to full time football for that, so unless your 1st team go FT that can't happen.

However as when it gets to the u19/20 level that doesn't appear to be covered by the club academy Scotland stuff. It is here that i judged Ayr as that's (rightly) the only level where results are published. At this level clubs are split, the best clubs play at u20 level, the rest play u19. I doubt Ayr are going to be entering the u20 side of things soon, and at u19 level the results are not really notable, they aren't great but neither are they particularly poor. You then have the other test and that is producing first team players, again not an area Ayr are excelling at, but they do have one or two that maybe good enough. You are where I'd expect you to be.

The SFA are certainly perusing regional academies, weather that's the correct road to go down is up for debate tho.

Roberts has failed to demonstrate any discernible managerial acumen. That's not a matter of opinion, he simply hasn't. The guy is not an asset to management in any way. He also hasn't positively influenced games with tactical decisions or substitutions. The guy has shown nothing in a coaching or managerial sense and nobody can argue otherwise.

It is entirely a matter of opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying you an opinion, you're free to express it in any way you like but don't insist that your opinions cannot be challenged.

"Nobody can argue otherwise" ? Says who ?

Having two remits, one from the Board and one from the fans, is entirely unreasonable. Do you really expect the Manager to fulfil the objectives from two different remits ?

You make it sound like these remits are orthogonal. In practice, showing a degree of tactical awareness and playing with a positive game plan tends to result in winning more than losing, which achieves the goal of not getting relegated as a side effect. Likewise, playing youth players who happen to actually be better footballers than the mates you played with at clubs half a decade ago is also likely to result in getting better on-field results.

It's telling that you're insisting that there must be somebody who thinks Roberts is doing a good job, but aren't actually prepared to say it yourself.

I think we can be perfectly clear on that score - everyone else's opinion is purely subjective but you quite happily paint yours as fact.

Your statement is very entertaining and dramatic but I can't begin to respond to it if you don't point out what you're referring to.

Mikey Donald has just made it 4-0 away to East Fife. Looks like Roberts & the coaching team continue to take the Club in a positive direction.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: alright then Mr White.

ETA just noticed your team is "Kilmarnock" good effot :1eye

I'm terrified that if we have a decent end to the season and make the playoffs that, despite it being apparent to everyone that Roberts is clueless, Cameron might give him another year.

i couldn't argue against if he did, its results based after all.

Archived