F**k Off Roberts

MInd this is the support of the team,before the season started who were quite content to tell all the other teams in the league that they were nailed on champions,saw them at Gayfield early in the season chuck it when they were 3-2 down

None of us ever actually thought that. A few Ayr fans decided to take the piss before the season started and this was confirmed as piss-taking at the time. I think we had every right to consider ourselves as contenders for the title prior to the season beginning though. We witnessed some fantastic pre-season performances and played some terrific football which gave us a real sense of optimism. The pessimistic feeling many Ayr fans have before games now probably tells you everything you need to know about how this season has lived up to our expectations.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of us ever actually thought that. A few Ayr fans decided to take the piss before the season started and this was confirmed as piss-taking at the time. I think we had every right to consider ourselves as contenders for the title prior to the season beginning though. We witnessed some fantastic pre-season performances and played some terrific football which gave us a real sense of optimism. The pessimistic feeling many Ayr fans have before games now probably tells you everything you need to know about how this season has lived up to our expectations.

So it's okay for the fans to take the piss ,but not okay for the players ? .

So it's okay for the fans to take the piss ,but not okay for the players ? .

I'm not defending Ayr fans that were taking the piss, only clarifying that they were in fact taking the piss. I didn't partake in any of it so I have no reason to defend it. But in answer to your question, yes.

MInd this is the support of the team,before the season started who were quite content to tell all the other teams in the league that they were nailed on champions,saw them at Gayfield early in the season chuck it when they were 3-2 down

Silence! The Somerset Galactico's are dead certs. We're just giving QotS a head start. wink.gif

That was such a stroll, cant beleive how poor Ayr were.

Had a great day out except for the poor/uneducated stewards in the main stand.

We sat near the centre line and when we celebrated our third goal we were told to move as

we should be over the other side. Steward had no badge or ID and when I asked to see it all I got

was abuse. We did not make an issue of it and moved over to where most QOS fans were

sitting. Poor form from a club that should know better.

All credit to the majority of Ayr fans who stayed to the end even though they were getting a hiding.

Hope rumours not true that we are signing Moffat.

We sat near the centre line and when we celebrated our third goal we were told to move as

we should be over the other side. Steward had no badge or ID and when I asked to see it all I got

was abuse. We did not make an issue of it and moved over to where most QOS fans were

All credit to the majority of Ayr fans who stayed to the end even though they were getting a hiding.

I hope you ain't either...dry.gif

We had exactly the same treatment the last time we were there. The only difference was we that we didn't have a goal to celebrate that day , although it was the day that Jim Weir finally got the punt .

They refused to show badges that day too and threw one of our guys out for asking to see it (the badge btw) .

I think it's time to start protesting officially to the SFA about the shoddy behaviour of these paid thugs !

Moffat has been decent enough the times i`ve seen him. I haven`t heard anything about us being interested in him.

My main worry if he was coming would be that it would perhaps mean either Clark or Reilly were bound for a higher level.

5-1 defeat at home is a sore one , the seethe must be going of the scale down somerset way that a former killie man is taking them to the murky depths of scottish football.

All sounds so familiar to our predicament under Weir !

Sometimes you just know when things aren't right and you've got to do the needfull !

5-1 defeat at home is a sore one , the seethe must be going of the scale down somerset way that a former killie man is taking them to the murky depths of scottish football.

Aye lap it up ya f*cking inbred soap dodging w@nk. Roberts always was going to be reminded of his past if things went wrong, which at the moment they are. However, I'm not jumping on the ''Roberts ya K*ll*e b@stard'' bandwagon & actually think the man is trying to get a collective group of not good enough players to play the game the right way. He has also been an Ayr player longer than he was ever at your sh1tehole. There is a few players in there that would flourish in a confident team but the so called more experienced players are under performing if you ask me.

I honestly think this is the worst part of the learning curve for Roberts and if he can add to the squad in this months window, keep us in this division & then try and keep the majority of the better players together & build from there. Every season for the last 10 years we've had to rebuild a near full squad from scratch every pre-season & IMO we need to build a squad over a few seasons than the usual drivel of a new squad every season.

However, the real questions lie with the board. We've had 2 cracks at the 1st division in the last 4 seasons & twice we've game straight back down due to the boards tight @rse attitude. Play in hope rather than expectation, instead of (especially last season) spending a wee bit more money, going for the safety of 8th place & building from there. This season you've got a further 3 part time teams in that league, teams we'd have been able to compete against which would have continued our progress in the 1st. Ayr United playing in the 1st division is what we all want as supporters & in the long run that would bring back the supporters. Also, bigger gates due to larger away followings would steadily increase income for the club. I honestly think we'll disappear into oblivion if we were to go down this season.

Aye lap it up ya f*cking inbred soap dodging w@nk. Roberts always was going to be reminded of his past if things went wrong, which at the moment they are. However, I'm not jumping on the ''Roberts ya K*ll*e b@stard'' bandwagon & actually think the man is trying to get a collective group of not good enough players to play the game the right way. He has also been an Ayr player longer than he was ever at your sh1tehole. There is a few players in there that would flourish in a confident team but the so called more experienced players are under performing if you ask me.

I honestly think this is the worst part of the learning curve for Roberts and if he can add to the squad in this months window, keep us in this division & then try and keep the majority of the better players together & build from there. Every season for the last 10 years we've had to rebuild a near full squad from scratch every pre-season & IMO we need to build a squad over a few seasons than the usual drivel of a new squad every season.

However, the real questions lie with the board. We've had 2 cracks at the 1st division in the last 4 seasons & twice we've game straight back down due to the boards tight @rse attitude. Play in hope rather than expectation, instead of (especially last season) spending a wee bit more money, going for the safety of 8th place & building from there. This season you've got a further 3 part time teams in that league, teams we'd have been able to compete against which would have continued our progress in the 1st. Ayr United playing in the 1st division is what we all want as supporters & in the long run that would bring back the supporters. Also, bigger gates due to larger away followings would steadily increase income for the club. I honestly think we'll disappear into oblivion if we were to go down this season.

Honest Man speaks good sense from the heart, especially the bit in bold

To all those Ayr united fans out there, who are begging for Markos head. You must give him time. Hes a new manager and its a learning curve for him.

I am good friends with the guy and I speak with him on a regular basis.

And for sure hes going to get things wrong in his first season, but we had the same with Jackie Macnamara.in his first season.

You as fans have to get behind him and support him, throwing abuse at the guy, doesnt help matters one little bit. Your clubs has a limited budget but you have a manager who knows plenty of contacts in the business. and is well respected.

This guy has ambitions for your club. Hes on a 2 year contract. and is still a player. He has scored some wonderful goals over the seasons. you's might be in a bottom league position just now but you were playing the league leaders last night. I'm positive the results will improve.

You must also remember that you are a part time club, and as much as he would love to be at the training ground all week its not possible.

So stop your bitching and whining, get behind the guy. Support him and the team and stick with it .

You will not be relegated .

To all those Ayr united fans out there, who are begging for Markos head. You must give him time. Hes a new manager and its a learning curve for him.

And for sure hes going to get things wrong in his first season, but we had the same with Jackie Macnamara.in his first season.

You as fans have to get behind him and support him, throwing abuse at the guy, doesnt help matters one little bit. Your clubs has a limited budget but you have a manager who knows plenty of contacts in the business. and is well respected.

This guy has ambitions for your club. Hes on a 2 year contract. and is still a player. He has scored some wonderful goals over the seasons. you's might be in a bottom league position just now but you were playing the league leaders last night. I'm positive the results will improve.

You must also remember that you are a part time club, and as much as he would love to be at the training ground all week its not possible.

So stop your bitching and whining, get behind the guy. Support him and the team and stick with it .

Good 1st post Marko !! ;)

For what it is worth I agree with most of what you say .....but .....Twaddle, McCann & McStay are passengers....please boot them up the baws or they will cost you the managers job for sure !!

first;y hi marko

secondly no, i must not

you forgot to tell us you were hurting more than anyone....

and yes we will

Archived