The 'What I Got for Xmas' Thread

At what age do people stop getting money for Xmas? I've not had any hard currency since I turned 18 :(:(:(

My old man gave me 20 notes.

Its usually accompanied by, 'You can get the pints in' etc so really just seems more like a way for him to turn his money into liquid in a more creative way.

In fact, just about everything he buys at Christmas and birthdays usually seems remarkably suited to his tastes :lol:

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1356475885[/url]' post='6920643']

2 tickets eh? How gutted will you be if she takes a pal and not you?!

10/10 for effort though. Fab present :)

Haha mega gutted! I did say she can take who she wants though. Just happy it's me. She has just found out its David Guetta supporting so I've actually scored top Kudos!

Yesterday i got a set of quality knifes for cutting up stuff and things. Japanese steel with holes down the blade so you dont have to pull bits of cheese off it when slicing.

I already used them to slice some turkey and ham. I'd nearly bring them to bed tonight and cuddle them i love them so much.

I am chuffed with my haul this year:

Books - Football Manager Stole My Life and Stramash. Chuffed with both of these as Football Manager did steal my life and I went to one of the games written about in Stramash, just a shame we lost it 4-0 :lol: . I also received the obligatory Viz annual and my favorite book, a very classy book of Hiroshige's 100 Famous Views of Edo. I absolutely love Japanese woodblock prints. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about Hiroshige and his work. Having been to Tokyo I find it remarkable that I have stood, some 150 years later, in the places where depicted.

DVDs - My Neighbour Totoro and My Neighbours the Yamadas.

Clothes - A couple of T-shirts, a shirt, some sock, some hankies and some Adidas jogging/trackie bottoms.

I also go a lot of chocolate and nice snacks and some money in my account :) .

Wasn't actually expecting anything as I hadn't asked for anything but my mum pulled through for me. I got a 14mp camera and some new feather pillows and a feather duvet. The camera is something I've thought about but could never justify and the pillows and duvet are just nice simple pleasures.

Will probably get books or DVDs from my brother when I see him.

Got a lovely pair of Adidas Originals London City Series from the wife. They haven't arrived yet, but when they do I'll post a pic. Light blue with yellow stripes. Sounds a bit garish but I absolutely love them.

Btw, although I'm not a Thistle fan, those Sambas were epic! :lol:

Archived