Sons' sorrow

Chris Kane again plz

Failing that John Sutton? I'd have thought he'd have got a much bigger club than us, or is it a younger player?

Ive been told its Greg Hurst. Young striker we signed from Stirling. Had a couple of first team appearances and is on a long term deal. Seems highly rated but thelat doesnt mean anything.

Ive been told its Greg Hurst. Young striker we signed from Stirling. Had a couple of first team appearances and is on a long term deal. Seems highly rated but thelat doesnt mean anything.

He's younger than me. Oh Christ.

Anyway, what sort of player is he? 

Sky Sports profile reckons he's a defender, BBC reckons he's a midfielder and an interview he gave to an unofficial Johnnies site seems to imply he's an attacker of some type. Clear as mud then.

He was announced as an attacking midfielder but he's a striker.

He managed 2 appearances off the bench last season (our 5-1 away win at Aberdeen and the 2-2 draw at Tynecastle on the last day) and has been one of our better players over the course of the season for our development side.

I haven't seen too much of him, but the coaching staff really rate him - he's now on a deal until 2018 I'm sure, after initially signing for the season in August. He'd need a bit of time to adjust to that level, but nothing to suggest he wouldn't cope with it.

Edit: Our best prospect looks like being Jason Kerr, who has just re-joined East Fife on loan. He's a centre back who has absolutely everything you'd want in a defender. I'm shocked you guys didn't come in for him to be honest. Would've been a great experience for him to learn from Wright.

Edited by Kyle

But we haven't worn it consistently for 50 years. One of our best strips was the black and gold diadora strip.

If we're talking white strips why not replicate this one:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1463561676.085519.jpg

that one was made by spall, replaced the Nipple chafing umbro classic

Got a text saying betting on next Raith manager has been suspended at McBookie, nae idea if it's true though.

Edit: Quick check online confirms that my m8 is talking drivel.

As you were

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Did anyone see that pretty awesome Sons feature in the Lennox Herald this week? Some guy spent his time rating all the players, and I agree with him on all of them

Yeh, man. Heard some really awesome up and coming journalist wrote it. Think he was completely fair on Grant Gallagher too

That picture really doesn't do him justice, eh? I've seen him irl and he's at least a 9

If you haven't bought it then I suggest you do, heard he's got another interesting thing lined up for next week too

dumbarton_1979-1982-nop.gif

I think that's been our best strip, the away one with the reverse colours looks magic as well. I've always admired the pair of them that hang in the supporters bar.

Can't see the photo but I imagine it's the Umbro one with the diamonds on the sleeves and shorts.

Agreed, that was our best strip ever. There was no doubting it was ours and the bands still makes our strips stand out as ours alone. The 70s black and gold were our traditional colours but modern sportswear means it is worn by lots of teams with only club badges and sponsors being the difference.

I also had a replica of the Admiral strip with the band down the side and continuing down on to the shorts. Jocky Whiteford filled it well !

Can't see the photo but I imagine it's the Umbro one with the diamonds on the sleeves and shorts.

Agreed, that was our best strip ever. There was no doubting it was ours and the bands still makes our strips stand out as ours alone. The 70s black and gold were our traditional colours but modern sportswear means it is worn by lots of teams with only club badges and sponsors being the difference.

I also had a replica of the Admiral strip with the band down the side and continuing down on to the shorts. Jocky Whiteford filled it well !

The Admiral kit was a cracker, yes, believe Aberdeen had the same style too, East Fife also.

Wouldn't mind seeing one in that style again, or as someone mentioned - the diagonal black & gold band on white.

Not checked back to see if this has already been posted

Cheers Wilf, that's slightly different to what was spoken about earlier.

They contacted him as one of six candidates and that's as far as things have got at this stage. In-ter-est-ing.

It's actually made me a wee bit more confident we might keep him. It's not as if Raith have made a formal approach, and he's not put himself forward for it. I'm guessing if a rival company wanted to speak to most of us about a job we'd listen, but it wouldn't mean we were interested.

I really hope this whole situation can be resolved imminently.