Sons' sorrow

Brian Reid would have been a good shout but Queen of the south want him. Gustav McPherson has done a good job with Queens Park. He has a lot of experience and whilst would not be everyone's cup of tea I think he could be a good appointment.

Gus MacPherson had St Mirren continually struggling until they eventually let him go, then he took Queen of the South down while playing more of the eye bleedingly ugly brand of football he'd been using at the Buddies. It's a massive no from me. Great Killie player in his day though.

I've never rated Gus, but he has done a good job with Queens Park so credit to him for that. I still wouldn't be overly enamored with him though to be honest.

Darren Young and Billy Stark from Albion Rovers would be my first choice, then Russell Latapy or Frazer Wright for me. Latapy got a good name as a coach and, whilst I know this doesn't translate into a good manager, he'd be worth a shot as he's desperate to get into management. He's also a tremendous guy apparently.

Big Fraz obviously fancies coaching as well, and if he's as good at that as he is at headering then we'd be in the playoffs in no time. He'd also be fantastic entertainment on the touchline.

This is all of course stupid at this stage, and until I see something from the club I won't believe it. But it's still good fun speculating! 

If we got Gary Locke I'd cry solidly for the next 9 months.

Pray it isn't Gary Locke.

Gus MacPherson had St Mirren continually struggling until they eventually let him go, then he took Queen of the South down while playing more of the eye bleedingly ugly brand of football he'd been using at the Buddies. It's a massive no from me. Great Killie player in his day though.

Pray it isn't Gary Locke.

If it ends up being Gary Locke then I'm becoming a full-time St Johnstone fan with a soft spot for Dumbarton. I could not deal with that.

If it ends up being Gary Locke then I'm becoming a full-time St Johnstone fan with a soft spot for Dumbarton. I could not deal with that.

You could support Killie. It's a lot like being a Dumbarton fan, you lose most weeks and the stadium's full of moaners. Throw in the Ray Montgomerie, Gerry Britton and Neill Collins connections and the fact they're both two of the oldest professional clubs in the land and they're practically interchangeable. Some weeks I forget which one I'm supporting...

You could support Killie. It's a lot like being a Dumbarton fan, you lose most weeks and the stadium's full of moaners. Throw in the Ray Montgomerie, Gerry Britton and Neill Collins connections and the fact they're both two of the oldest professional clubs in the land and they're practically interchangeable. Some weeks I forget which one I'm supporting...

That sounds good, it's closer than Perth as well. The only downsides are that Chris Kane hasn't played for Kilmarnock and I've never actually been.

Frazer Wright has though, so that's a big plus.

Gerry Britton?

I forgot about him. There's also Chris Boyle, Willie Gibson, Bob whatshisface (left sided forward signed by Gerry McCabe on loan), Mark Brown, Stevie Murray, Craig Dargo. Sure there's probably hundreds I've forgotten.

Edited by Sweet Pete

Bob whatshisface (left sided forward signed by Gerry McCabe on loan)

Bob Campbell, or as he was more affectionately known - Boaby Cam.

I went to a Killie v Dundee game once when I was about 12. Lost all feeling in my legs due to the cold/extremely high set seats.  I got to meet Willie Falconer though so it wasn't all bad.

Edited by The Moonster

Doesn't matter who it is, I'd Stevie does go, I'll support them, locke done well at hearts, maybe shabbily treated, but we don't know what went on behind the scenes, and maybe he never done that great at killie, for the most part, but one bad managerial experience, doesn't make him a bad manager, I'm sure even Iain McCall has had poor times at clubs, and he's had a few. Definitely Darren young for me though,

116 123

I'll just leave this here. Thank me later.

:lol:

I forgot about him. There's also Chris Boyle, Willie Gibson, Bob whatshisface (left sided forward signed by Gerry McCabe on loan), Mark Brown, Stevie Murray, Craig Dargo. Sure there's probably hundreds I've forgotten.

You had me up until then...

Do you mean Gary McCutcheon..? 

p.s. You can add Tom Brown and David Bagan to that list.

Doesn't matter who it is, I'd Stevie does go, I'll support them, locke done well at hearts, maybe shabbily treated, but we don't know what went on behind the scenes, and maybe he never done that great at killie, for the most part, but one bad managerial experience, doesn't make him a bad manager, I'm sure even Iain McCall has had poor times at clubs, and he's had a few. Definitely Darren young for me though,

I'll say it for the last fucking time: Gary Locke is a failed abortion of a manager. Shut up about him.

I'll say it for the last fucking time: Gary Locke is a failed abortion of a manager. Shut up about him.

Imagine us with Dale Carrick upfront on his own though.

I know he's terrible, constantly injured, and we'd lose every single week, but we'd get to use that gif.

Edit: Nobody has mentioned Colin Nish in the Sons Killie link, have they?

Edited by Sonsteam of 08