Sons' sorrow

Actually it's the other way round, Raith have permission to speak with Aitken, which slightly changes things

1463467005528.jpg

That's the equivalent of me asking your boss to speak to you about a job, even if you aren't in the slightest interested. It would be an odd, and risky, move for him given his decent job outwith football.

Thanks. Bleary eyed morning quoting is never advisable.

Would be absolutely horrible timing if he were to leave.

If Raith have been given permission to speak to him then surely compo would have to be agreed beforehand? Similar to how the McKinnon to Dundee Utd deal worked, compo agreed before talks were allowed to commence.

Yes, would assume compo agreed between both parties.

Anyone have an idea as to what value you would traditionally expect? I got the impression the compo for Ian Murray wasn't too bad

Raith were pretty open about mckinnons departure; they had a statement on their club site.

Im pretty sure mckinnon had indicated to them that he wanted to talk to united.

Going by the Poty awards bit when stevie talked about his discussion with Faz before talking to us last summer; it'll depend a lot on what Raiths expectations are for the next season. If they seem realistic to the two stevies they could both be away.

Realistic for raith in next seasons league, to 7 and pushing for a play off?

Surely we should be told on the os before reading it in the rags?, they must be paying well if he gives up his job

Our OS will only report it if it's actually happened.

For all we know it could be a load of shite. I tend to look at it that way until something official comes out.

One thing we are generally good at it is keeping the fans fully up to date via the OS and our numerous social media accounts. I'm if there's anything to report they will.

You're right in what you're saying in the sense that until you see anything on your OS then I wouldn't get overly concerned. The rumour mill was in full swing regarding McKinnon and Utd but was a while before anything official was put up on our OS. I suppose one comforting fact for Dumbarton fans is it's not like Aitken has came to us about the job, it reads that we've approached him (if it's true in the first place). If he has a good job outwith his role at Dumbarton as well as living local then it'll take a helluva lot of persuading from our part to get him.

Would we not ask him if he wishes to speak before answering?

Maybe but even if the manager wasn't interested in moving. It cold look have looked bad on the club if we flat out say no. Would look like we are blocking the manager.

If we give permission then we set out our position and say this is how much comp we want and if they are happy with it's in the managers hands. What I would hope is if the manger wants to chat to them we give him a time frame. We don't want/ can't afford for this to drag on.

Surely we should be told on the os before reading it in the rags?, they must be paying well if he gives up his job

Right, here's a topic, who would you choose next?,

Brian Reid would have been a good shout but Queen of the south want him. Gustav McPherson has done a good job with Queens Park. He has a lot of experience and whilst would not be everyone's cup of tea I think he could be a good appointment.

Brian Reid would have been a good shout but Queen of the south want him. Gustav McPherson has done a good job with Queens Park. He has a lot of experience and whilst would not be everyone's cup of tea I think he could be a good appointment.

I've never rated Gus, but he has done a good job with Queens Park so credit to him for that. I still wouldn't be overly enamored with him though to be honest.

Darren Young and Billy Stark from Albion Rovers would be my first choice, then Russell Latapy or Frazer Wright for me. Latapy got a good name as a coach and, whilst I know this doesn't translate into a good manager, he'd be worth a shot as he's desperate to get into management. He's also a tremendous guy apparently.

Big Fraz obviously fancies coaching as well, and if he's as good at that as he is at headering then we'd be in the playoffs in no time. He'd also be fantastic entertainment on the touchline.

This is all of course stupid at this stage, and until I see something from the club I won't believe it. But it's still good fun speculating! 

If we got Gary Locke I'd cry solidly for the next 9 months.

No to gary locke.

Darren young, gary naismith, mark burchill, frazer wright or barry robson? Seen robson at one of our home games before.

If stevie goes, we ll need to move quickly to appoint someone and again we ll need to let them find their feet.

Judging by his past interviews etc he seems quite happy to give up the day job for a full-time gig. That does concern me slightly.

I'm still yet to be fully convinced by Stevie, it's the timing that's the main issue for me. If he were to leave now it would be an absolute mess in terms of squad building. I'd also like to think he's learned from some of last seasons mistakes and would build on last season.

Lets just hope that what is going to be an already very tough season isn't going to be made even more difficult with a change of manager during such a vital time.

Willie Cochrane â€@wilmot76  2h2 hours ago

.@glaw5's exclusive in today's Scottish Sun on @RaithRovers_FC's hunt for a new boss is bad news for @Dumbartonfc fans.

Stuart Millar

â€@MillarStuarty 

@wilmot76 @glaw5 @RaithRovers_FC @Dumbartonfc Only if he says yes!

Looks like he has been offered the job judging by Stuart Millar's Twitter. Whether or not he accepts it is now what we need to worry about.

Judging by his past interviews etc he seems quite happy to give up the day job for a full-time gig. That does concern me slightly.

I'm still yet to be fully convinced by Stevie, it's the timing that's the main issue for me. If he were to leave now it would be an absolute mess in terms of squad building. I'd also like to think he's learned from some of last seasons mistakes and would build on last season.

Lets just hope that what is going to be an already very tough season isn't going to be made even more difficult with a change of manager during such a vital time.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I wouldn't have been gutted if he had left after keeping us up and given us time, but pre-season must only be about 3 weeks away and we have 2 signed players. If he was to go now it's likely it would be another week or so until the new manager came in, by which point he needs to build a squad in a tiny amount of time...like Stevie did last year...and that leads to another unbalanced squad bulked up with dross like Gordon Smith and #666.

Would it be the worst thing if he moved on?  Think he's done a decent job but if he went then fair enough (not saying I actively want him to leave) while we achieved the goal of staying up there were some right dodgy performances and without Nade the goal machine who knows......

First person to mention Jack Ross as a potential replacement gets a red dot.

Edited by Johan Cruyff