Sons' sorrow

Comment on the sons Facebook page.....

It's a toss up between relegation or bankruptcy wat will come first, people from Dumbarton don't go to see the games cause footy is mince long ball back to front. down by xmas with ginger twat at helm

What a tadger 😂

That David Prior comes across as an absolute diddy of the highest order. Some laugh reading what he posts, take it he's a raging relative of a released 20s player or something?

I haven't got a Facebook account so I can't read what's being said, but analysing what you've said there, it could be the same David Prior who's brother has been talking to me this week; he has a relative In the U20's and apparently is very angry about the U20s situation.

That David Prior comes across as an absolute diddy of the highest order. Some laugh reading what he posts, take it he's a raging relative of a released 20s player or something?

His boy plays/played for the 17's. Obviously hoping for him to make the development team that is no longer.

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

His boy plays/played for the 17's. Obviously hoping for him to make the development team that is no lo.get.

Aye he might be annoyed about the situation but making out that players from brechin aren't good enough is a riddy stunt.

Plus it's no aitkens decision to bin the 20s set up, crackpot.

I haven't got a Facebook account so I can't read what's being said, but analysing what you've said there, it could be the same David Prior who's brother has been talking to me this week; he has a relative In the U20's and apparently is very angry about the U20s situation.

That would explain it. He's making an embarrassment of himself on Facebook. If he's got a major issue with the 20s being axed he should address it with the club directly or go to the papers. Neither will do him any good, but it might make him feel important.

I would send more screenshots but my laptops downstairs and it's a faff to send them from my phone.

His boy plays/played for the 17's. Obviously hoping for him to make the development team that is no lo.get.

If he's good enough we'll keep him then. No reason for him to get in a tizzy about us signing a 22 year old striker from Brechin.

That would explain it. He's making an embarrassment of himself on Facebook. If he's got a major issue with the 20s being axed he should address it with the club directly or go to the papers. Neither will do him any good, but it might make him feel important.

I would send more screenshots but my laptops downstairs and it's a faff to send them from my phone.

If he's good enough we'll keep him then. No reason for him to get in a tizzy about us signing a 22 year old striker from Brechin.

Agreed. Coming across as a complete walloper! lol

Not to support this prior fella, but if the 20's came from the first team budget (as the club told us), and aitken overspent his budget (which has now came from different sources), perhaps there could be questions asked about this decision?

Dont get me wrong, I dont think the 20's have delivered usable players for this level, but if we re making a decision to retain a 17 year old for future first team use but offering him out on loan to develop him, how can we expect young players and their parents to stay with us?

We re seeing a new status of club; buying, selling and now borrowing.

The 20's gave us nothing, almost, first team is a priority. I'd like to bring back our reserve team, use it for fringe and previously injured players getting back to fitness,surely we could keep 5/6 youngsters to participate. I'd imagine that would cover the first team players wages, whilst paying probably bare minimum wage for the young ones. Surely it a all about the playing time and not the money?.

The 20's gave us nothing, almost, first team is a priority. I'd like to bring back our reserve team, use it for fringe and previously injured players getting back to fitness,surely we could keep 5/6 youngsters to participate. I'd imagine that would cover the first team players wages, whilst paying probably bare minimum wage for the young ones. Surely it a all about the playing time and not the money?.

Wouldnt a reserve team have the same costs as a under 20s?

I don't think it has too, if the players are already being paid, or you could charge the youngsters coming through?, again, bare minimum. Its part time, so most should be working by the time their 18 or so, and be able to pay for it, especially when it could reap benefits for them and the club,

Who would the reserve team play?

Boring old Saturday.off to watch amateurs st joes v ek rr fc couple of ex sons youth in action

Need a signing to boost morale but from reading stevie in times that doesn't seem likely.

Says talks are progressing but to me only one way to progress is to get them signed.

Hopefully get something soon

Ammies for me this morning, glorious weather, and then off to New Tinto for the Benburb Newmains game this afternoon. A nice stress free day of football.

Agreed though, I am hopeful we might hear some signing news today. Every day without a signing is a day closer to a signing. PITK

post-33799-1463220149181_thumb.jpg

Ammies for me this morning, glorious weather, and then off to New Tinto for the Benburb Newmains game this afternoon. A nice stress free day of football.

Agreed though, I am hopeful we might hear some signing news today. Every day without a signing is a day closer to a signing. PITK

attachicon.gif1463220149205.jpg

What game was that?