Sons' sorrow

Anyone else find the 1st round draw a bit uneven? 7 championship clubs in our section meaning a huge chance for us to draw one of them? I get the reasons behind it but a wee cup run would be nice, even if it is only the diddy cup

Whats the boy Findley like big Centre Back from Celtic, was he on loan at you's last year.

Seemily he's signing with us on loan.

Will he cut it in the SPL?

Cheers

He was excellent for us and yes I think he'll cut it up there. He's got all the attributes to be a top centre half.

Take up smoking and watch from the smoking area, far better view and you get to stand.

Think I might, I couldn't fit my legs in a few years back and that was when I was about 5"5. I'm now almost 6"1, so I physically don't think I'll be able to take my legs.

Back to the slum known as cappielow. I heard that the prisoners in Guantanamo bay are threatened they will be sent to cappielow if they do not behave themselves. Could someone explain why hibs are in the south and west draw whilst Falkirk East Stirling and Stirling Albion are in the north and east draw. Jiggery-pokery I think. As Dumbarton have no chance of winning we should concede to Morton and arrange a friendly against an English team we have not played before.

Should just shove us in with the home fans. Would be a better atmosphere and nae trouble from our lot

Used to be great at Cappielow, the away fans either got the bench end behind the goal or a section of the Shed terrace opposite Main Stand. Happy days

Back to the slum known as cappielow. I heard that the prisoners in Guantanamo bay are threatened they will be sent to cappielow if they do not behave themselves. Could someone explain why hibs are in the south and west draw whilst Falkirk East Stirling and Stirling Albion are in the north and east draw. Jiggery-pokery I think. As Dumbarton have no chance of winning we should concede to Morton and arrange a friendly against an English team we have not played before.

We have no chance of winning the league, league cup and scottish cup also. We should just concede those too in exchange for a round the world tour. West Dunbartonshire Globe Trotters

The facilities for away fans at Cappielow are shocking. To have no option but to sit in a stand with leg room proportions of the 19th century isn't acceptable. I'm 6' 2" and just don't fit in these seats unless i have 2 of them.

I've actually only missed 1 dumbarton game there in the last 30 years but not sure i'll go to any this year. Clearly Morton board are penny pinching with stewarding costs but i reckon the extra fans you'd get with the uncovered end opened would more than pay for the extra stewards especially for this game if weather is nice. I might even contact morton to discuss and hope officials from DFC can do likewise.

Does anyone remember the season opener at Cappielow in 2001 when we sat at the open end basking in sunshine it 2as a cracking day. We came away with a 2-2 draw. I tecall Chris Boyle scoring.

The facilities for away fans at Cappielow are shocking. To have no option but to sit in a stand with leg room proportions of the 19th century isn't acceptable. I'm 6' 2" and just don't fit in these seats unless i have 2 of them.

I've actually only missed 1 dumbarton game there in the last 30 years but not sure i'll go to any this year. Clearly Morton board are penny pinching with stewarding costs but i reckon the extra fans you'd get with the uncovered end opened would more than pay for the extra stewards especially for this game if weather is nice. I might even contact morton to discuss and hope officials from DFC can do likewise.

Does anyone remember the season opener at Cappielow in 2001 when we sat at the open end basking in sunshine it 2as a cracking day. We came away with a 2-2 draw. I tecall Chris Boyle scoring.

Must have been a different season: ourselves and Clydebank were both in the Second Division in 01-02 while you were in the Third, and you weren't at Cappielow in the cups either.

Must have been a different season: ourselves and Clydebank were both in the Second Division in 01-02 while you were in the Third, and you weren't at Cappielow in the cups either.

Must have been season after. We were in the 2nd div. with you.

I remember Chris Boyle scoring a peach, it bent in amazingly, did flannery not score the first?

Glad to see everyone's looking foward to visiting Greenock. You lads want behind the goal? Bring some fans, can't see a better incentive than avoiding being crammed in that embarrassment of a stand.

Edited by TheGoon