Sons' sorrow

yes its a serious post we have signed st mirren players before so why not again

If you have a spare £270k kicking about for the compensation, and you're suddenly warped into a premiership club, you might be in with a shout.

Edited by Kyle

No way we'd pay his development fee, and he'd command a hefty wage, I noticed on Twitter, pie and bovril asking how we're paying for our signings, who have we signed who commands a lot of investment and wages, someone rumour mongering me thinks

No way we'd pay his development fee, and he'd command a hefty wage, I noticed on Twitter, pie and bovril asking how we're paying for our signings, who have we signed who commands a lot of investment and wages, someone rumour mongering me thinks

That's just Div who runs this place being a fucking moron. Ignore.

Does anyone have any idea how much our average wage is? I have a pal who's a Morton fan and he seems to be convinced we're paying our players more than them.

Livi think we're doing the same. Frankly, I doubt anyone has a clue what we're offering. One thing I will say is, if we're paying players more than Livi/Morton then we can afford it. The club have said all along that we won't bankrupt ourselves trying to stay in this league so if we are paying that cash, it's probably down to some good management of finances than anything else.

These claims seem to come out when we've beaten a full-time club to a player. It isn't always money as can be shown by Mark Brown joining us this year but also the reverse being players like Mikey Miller, who signed for Morton despite having a better offer to come to us last year.

I'm content that we're spending our budget, whether we're spending it wisely or not remains to be seen.

Does anyone have any idea how much our average wage is? I have a pal who's a Morton fan and he seems to be convinced we're paying our players more than them.

I don’t, but what I can say is that when it comes to finance the Directors who run DFC on a day-to-day basis will invariably act in the best interests of the club. What seems to be happening in the middle order clubs is that some teams are stretching their finances pretty thinly in order to maintain full-time status whereas the likes of ourselves will remain part-time until full-time ever becomes a feasible option.

As such, we may perhaps have a wee bit more leeway to strike individual wage deals than the dedicated full-timers. Add to that there is also a body of players for whom part-time football suits them. Most other clubs are still wedded to full-time - that’s their shout - but our Board will continue to be investing to stay in the division without breaking the bank.

I heard the opposite regarding Mikey Miller. Apparently Morton made him an offer we couldn't get close to competing with. If it had been the case of another £50 per week, we might have matched it, but it was of a completely different magnitude apparently.

Fair enough. The point still stands, IMO, some players will be happy to accept less to play full-time and some will be happy to drop to part time and get a bigger wage from two jobs.

Also, some players will drop a division to prove they still have it hoping to be spotted playing well as a means to get back to full time football, especially if they have suffered from injury.

I had heard we'd matched the £600 p/w livvy offered aggie. That might have been rubbish, it might not have.

I'd also given the board credit for running the club well, but I also remember Wilf recently saying that the club had n't had an agm in a few years and that the last reported figures showed we had increased our debt, though to about £100k, pennies for a football club nowadays.

I'm pretty sure I seen a sonstrust tweet over the weekend that has since been deleted. If I remember rightly, In it the writer commended the club for another excellent signing but made some comment about it being expensive and asking if we were balancing the books.

Perhaps we should be concerned, only a select few know for sure

I had heard we'd matched the £600 p/w livvy offered aggie. That might have been rubbish, it might not have.

I'd also given the board credit for running the club well, but I also remember Wilf recently saying that the club had n't had an agm in a few years and that the last reported figures showed we had increased our debt, though to about £100k, pennies for a football club nowadays.

I'm pretty sure I seen a sonstrust tweet over the weekend that has since been deleted. If I remember rightly, In it the writer commended the club for another excellent signing but made some comment about it being expensive and asking if we were balancing the books.

As far as I was aware, we hadn't been in any debt whatsoever for a number of years. Something the club take pride in.

The only current info I have is here https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/document/brabco-736/AnnualAccounts/2014-05-31. A £97,653 loss at year end May 31st 2013 was turned into a profit of £72,761 a year later. There hasn't been an AGM for a long time and in any case DFC don't issue a profit and loss account which would give shareholders a better idea of how things are.

This page http://www.endole.co.uk/company/SC009005/the-dumbarton-football-club-limited lists current liabilities as over £104,000. However without knowing what this debt is and the nature of it, it's hard to say if it is significant or not.

I think you will find that the ceo the manager and the assistant manager are the best paid employees. I doubt if the youngest of the senior team make more than £100 per week. With the crowds dumbarton attract and their other overheads £200 - £300 pounds per week might be more realistic for part timers at Dumbarton. Also some teams do not pay during the summer break when no income is coming in. I know that certainly at a junior level signing on fees are paid but obviously Dumbarton don't reveal if they give them. Also some times pay out bonuses for wins cup victories etc. again there is no admittance of this from Dumbarton. The national wage is about £500 pounds thus a part timer with £500 from his day job and £300 from Dumbarton is earning. £40000 per year whereas some full timers will be earning less than £30000 per year.