Sons' sorrow

26 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Was there any bother between BSC Glasgow and Alloa Athletic when they shared Recreation Park?

It should be said never heard about any problems there. Still have a gambler's heart leaving the relative stability of that agreement for the podcast & Broadwood. While they might talk about building roots, if there's been the sniff of a better opportunity they'd rather take their chances on that instead.

The discussion surrounding BSC Glasgow's departure from Maryhill is interesting - I watched the Open Goal Broomhill documentaries on YouTube and there's a moment when they discuss the club would be spending the upcoming season. They looked set to return to Lochburn Park until Simon Ferry nixed the move (he wasn't happy with the surface as it wasn't conducive to the kind of football he wanted to play, and so the club went to Broadwood). It leads me to believe the relationship between the two parties can't have been as bad as was stated in previous posts!

(Not that I want to stick up for Broomhill, I think they're the most embarrassing, tragic club in the country and Dumbarton are tainted by association.)

Glad to see the club will vote against B teams and a conference league.

One of the quotes in the article did give me a chuckle:

"“Ultimately, we are influenced by the strong opinion of our fans for whom we are striving to provide an attractive match day experience."

Since when? But regardless, it's the right decision.

45 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The discussion surrounding BSC Glasgow's departure from Maryhill is interesting - I watched the Open Goal Broomhill documentaries on YouTube and there's a moment when they discuss the club would be spending the upcoming season. They looked set to return to Lochburn Park until Simon Ferry nixed the move (he wasn't happy with the surface as it wasn't conducive to the kind of football he wanted to play, and so the club went to Broadwood). It leads me to believe the relationship between the two parties can't have been as bad as was stated in previous posts!

(Not that I want to stick up for Broomhill, I think they're the most embarrassing, tragic club in the country and Dumbarton are tainted by association.)

Episode 14 Todd Flanders GIF by The Simpsons

I'm glad we're against the proposal and will vote no. I do however have a slight issue with MacKays wording. He says they are guided by the will of the supporters and they want to ensure we have an appealing structure for us to compete in - great, exactly what we want. But he then says we therefore can't support the current proposal, I may be being a bit harsh here but I would've preferred if he'd been a bit more emphatic and said we can't support ANY proposal that includes entering B teams into the structure. Saying we don't want the current proposal gives the c***s leeway to change it and present it again in future. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm glad we're against the proposal and will vote no. I do however have a slight issue with MacKays wording. He says they are guided by the will of the supporters and they want to ensure we have an appealing structure for us to compete in - great, exactly what we want. But he then says we therefore can't support the current proposal, I may be being a bit harsh here but I would've preferred if he'd been a bit more emphatic and said we can't support ANY proposal that includes entering B teams into the structure. Saying we don't want the current proposal gives the c***s leeway to change it and present it again in future. 

The big 2 will always try and get their way, regardless of how we worded a brief website statement. It's the no vote that matters.

On 02/06/2023 at 14:18, microdave said:

A little less unrealistic is a double negative. Bbpf is saying it's closer to reality now and looks like you both agree on this.

My point was the use of the use of 'unrealistic'.5G technology spreading covid and alien bases on the moon is  unrealistic IMO but Mr Hosie looking to exploit DFC for his own gain is very realistic in my book.I would have said 'more likely or probable' rather than use unrealistic which would suggest pure fantasy.

My original post which has no basis on personal knowledge only a suspicion, was that a merger might be on the cards as a way of moving us on and changing name etc.Do i really need to mention the shamrock rovers coatbridge crap with the wee rovers?Football is full of wide men looking to make a buck at all levels.And I believe our major shareholder to fall squarely into that category.

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There's a few people who have walked away from official positions in recent years who would be perfectly fine on the board/as chairman. As for how we remove MacKay? We don't really have any power there. It requires Hosie to get rid of him or MacKay to walk himself. 

He might well walk if enough crap is thrown his way.His relationship with Hosie is surely key here.It would be great if a trust member could get on the board as chairman beides the trust representative we already have( i take it we still have one).

I see money and time as being the biggest barriers to that happening not to mention Hosie wanting a 'yes' man.

59 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

He might well walk if enough crap is thrown his way.His relationship with Hosie is surely key here.It would be great if a trust member could get on the board as chairman beides the trust representative we already have( i take it we still have one).

I see money and time as being the biggest barriers to that happening not to mention Hosie wanting a 'yes' man.

You are behind the times my friend, Stephanie Park recently resigned as Trust Director and the process of selecting her replacement will soon be getting underway.

Neil McKay is a thoroughly decent man but he is an accidental Chairman in the wake of the Boardroom walkout, an event which told us a great deal about the ownership of the club by Andy Hosie.  The reality is that Hosie will not allow additional Directors and the Chairman, Colin Hosie and the Trust Director effectively have to work around him, most obviously in the matter of finances.

It's an awful situation but it will eventually change.

37 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You are behind the times my friend, Stephanie Park recently resigned as Trust Director and the process of selecting her replacement will soon be getting underway.

Neil McKay is a thoroughly decent man but he is an accidental Chairman in the wake of the Boardroom walkout, an event which told us a great deal about the ownership of the club by Andy Hosie.  The reality is that Hosie will not allow additional Directors and the Chairman, Colin Hosie and the Trust Director effectively have to work around him, most obviously in the matter of finances.

It's an awful situation but it will eventually change.

Thanks for that.How would you assess the relationship between the hosies?I take it they are brothers.Do they not get on?As you say Colin has to work around Andrew.It seems odd as I believe their father was chairman back in the 70s IIRC.

They are cousins, so there is obviously a family bond.  However, ask me if Colin is happy with Andy's ownership and my opinion would be a very resounding 'no'.  No-one in their right mind would be.  They are very contrasting individuals and only one has Dumbarton FC at heart.

The person you refer to of yesteryear was Colin's late father John, he was never a Director but was DFC secretary for many years.