Sons' sorrow

I’m reasonably certain Stirling will be at least 11 points clear of us come mid-April, which is a staggeringly bad decline from us. Something to really marvel at.

If we can get the injured players back in time for the playoffs then we might still get promoted. As it stands I’m comfortable with the reality that, assuming we still exist next season, it’s likely to be at League 2 level again.

Edited by George Parr

I had to block that 'Gio Marron' chump a few weeks back when I realised his posts were actually having an impact on my mental health. I was being wound up thinking about them before going on to see them.

This is the weirdest season I can ever remember. If you'd offered me second place at the start of the season then I absolutely would've bitten your hands off. Even if you told me that we'd be 25 points behind the winners. But after the start we had it feels like we're stumbling our way blindly to the finishing line.

I said on the podcast back in January that I felt whoever out of us and Stirling finished second wouldn't win the playoffs, because not winning the league would feel like such a failure. Whilst the likes of Annan and Forfar will be on a high at making the playoffs. And I think we're about to see that come to fruition.

I feel for Faz. We've lost Carsy, Div Wilson, Joe McKee, Declan Byrne and Kalvin Orsi all at exactly the same time. And at a vital point in the season where we had a host of really big home matches. 

Have we been poor for most of 2023? Aye we have. But losing players as vital as they are has meant we haven't even managed to scrape together a few wins and draws when we might've done otherwise. 

For what it's worth, I don't think we're ready to go back up and I think we'd have likely gone straight back down without some major investment (lolz). But putting another divisions between us and the trapdoor would've been a big weight off my mind. As Silverton says, one bad season is all it takes. As Albion Rovers or Elgin City could be about to find out.

Edited by Jan Vojáček