Sons' sorrow

50 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s slightly concerning me that we are 2 weeks into January and we are resorting to promoting youngsters from the u18s to bulk up the match day squad. I’d heard there were due to be a few trialists playing in the cancelled Pollok friendly but the fact we are playing them as trialists before offering any deals would suggest they maybe aren’t good enough to warrant us offering them a contract outright. 

We are in a fantastic position at the minute and strengthening that position really should have been in the works for a good while before January rolled around. Maybe we’ll see a couple of trialists on the bench today and this youngster is the second coming of Chris Turner. As it stands we seem to be getting weaker with injuries and suspensions whilst those around us, including today’s opponents, have already strengthened.

You’re all welcome.

I genuinely had no idea we had signed Russell Mclean.Wasnt at the game and with our OS being so crappy I dont visit it much.When i saw R.Mclean i assumed it was Ross.Perhaps some Peterhead fans can tell us if he is a decent signing.He was before his injury but I do wonder about now.Anyone know if he was a FREE or was there a fee involved?

Its good we have the cup next as it should give  us time to  get a fuller squad together for the Bonnyrigg game. Yesterday highlighted the need for central defensive cover.I would be all for Mcgeever going out on loan and maybe a loan cover coming in.I would keep Lynch  assuming he is fully fit.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He’s on loan so I’m assuming we’re paying his wage or at least most of it.

Probably the best option so we are not tied to him for 18 months if it doesnt work out.If it does and he is free in the summer then maybe we could tie him down to a longer contract.I suppose it depends on what League we will be in.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Big Rusty McLean's deal is a permanent one, albeit only until the end of the season. Which could be crucial if we end up playing Peterhead in the playoffs.

https://www.peterheadfc.org/2023/01/14/rusty-departs/

Fair play, I must have just made an assumption!

46 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Was the podcast with Farrell meant to be out on Friday? Might just be me being an idiot and not able to find it

It is on the way, delayed due to editing.  I hope to have it for you tonight. 

On 15/01/2023 at 16:29, Jan Vojáček said:

Big Rusty McLean's deal is a permanent one, albeit only until the end of the season. Which could be crucial if we end up playing Peterhead in the playoffs.

https://www.peterheadfc.org/2023/01/14/rusty-departs/

Might do okay for you in League 2 but he wont be with you long.As soon as another club is paying more wages he will be off all about the money and  his attitude is honking too. 

12 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Might do okay for you in League 2 but he wont be with you long.As soon as another club is paying more wages he will be off all about the money and  his attitude is honking too. 

Most players at this level will leave for better wages, and we heard this shite about attitude about Ryan Wallace as well but he's been a great team player this year so far. Players attitudes change under different managers, if Farrell manages him well and he performs there will be very few qualms if he moves to a team able to pay more in the summer. 

9 minutes ago, mo83 said:

As soon as another club is paying more wages he will be off all about the money

Who really gives a shit if he comes in and does a job for us. These guys are part-time lower league footballers and they would be daft to turn down more money elsewhere, I’d do the exact same thing. He wouldn’t be the first and he wouldn’t be the last to leave us for more money elsewhere and I don’t think any fans grudge a player making more elsewhere if they have earned it with good performances. For someone with attitude issues he looks to have a decent scoring record at a higher level than we operate at so again no one will really give a shit about that if he can bag a few goals.