Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, George Parr said:

For anyone interested, tickets for the Killie cup match are now avbl direct through them.

This might have already been mentioned on our site but it's such an unnavigable, unfinished mess that I can't be sure.

Do you know if tickets are available at Rugby Park on the day, as I'm not sure yet if I can attend ?

As regards our revised website, I know I've already had a rant about it, but what an absolute embarrassment to present to the public, many of them visitors.  Surely the old site should never have been taken down until the new format was fully beta-tested, or am I missing something ?

In saying that absolutely no criticism is directed at the guy who inputs the live content as apparently the process was commenced without him being made aware.  I say commenced because it's certainly not completed.

My serious advice would be to restore the old format pronto as we're motoring backwards here.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Do you know if tickets are available at Rugby Park on the day, as I'm not sure yet if I can attend ?

As regards our revised website, I know I've already had a rant about it, but what an absolute embarrassment to present to the public, many of them visitors.  Surely the old site should never have been taken down until the new format was fully beta-tested, or am I missing something ?

In saying that absolutely no criticism is directed at the guy who inputs the live content as apparently the process was commenced without him being made aware.  I say commenced because it's certainly not completed.

My serious advice would be to restore the old format pronto as we're motoring backwards here.

Fairly sure you can purchase online right up to kick off.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does anyone know what the process for refunds are regarding tickets bought online for a postponed match? We (obviously) haven’t actually put anything out to inform punters if it’s just an automatic refund or if you have to contact them for one.

OS Link has hopefully provided an answer

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

After their tweet last week saying they were playing us, seems that game is now off.

If only we had aother playable pitch we could play them on…

I heard we had a few trialists due to feature tonight but we don’t actually need to play a friendly to test out trialists, we can play them in league games. If we didn’t want to risk chucking trialists into a league game we could’ve played the friendly on a park that just passed an inspection a mere hour ago but we’re too busy parting our pert little cheeks for one of the old firm. Get them so far to f**k.

I see alot of folk defending the club on that holocaust of a Facebook group but there is absolutely nae denying it’s embarassing that our lodgers can get a game on, a mere 3 days (whilst there has been a barrage of rain inbetween times) after we had a top of the table clash called off due to a waterlogged pitch. 

25 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

After their tweet last week saying they were playing us, seems that game is now off.

I see nothing odd in this friendly being cancelled; the rain has been incessant today in the WoS and the likelihood is that Newlandsfield is unplayable.  I don't know about Sons trialists, but with Bucky suspended this Saturday I expect this was a chance to get McGeever and Lynch some playing time.

Now we come to the strange bit.  A pitch that was declared unplayable at 1pm on Saturday and has since been scudded with rain may miraculously witness football tonight.  Exactly WTF is going on here ?

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

32 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I see nothing odd in this friendly being cancelled; the rain has been incessant today in the WoS and the likelihood is that Newlandsfield is unplayable.  I don't know about Sons trialists, but with Bucky suspended this Saturday I expect this was a chance to get McGeever and Lynch some playing time.

Now we come to the strange bit.  A pitch that was declared unplayable at 1pm on Saturday and has since been scudded with rain may miraculously witness football tonight.  Exactly WTF is going on here ?

I believe they were meant to be playing at Renfrew's ground.

Pitch was verti-drained, which would have helped. Ref made a very poor decision on Saturday. Park would have been fine for 3pm.

But a game on it tonight with the rain we've had isnt going to do it any good. Think they're also playing on Saturday, so it'll take another battering. Hopefully theres a break in games and the groundsman gets a bit of time to do some work on it.

3 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

With CW loan at broomhill being extended surely that means that we may bring someone in? 

It also confirms we are highly unlikely to ever see him play again, at Dumbarton. Really disappointing given how he started the first couple of months with us.

Just now, microdave said:

It's been extended til the end of January with an option for the remainder of the season. We may yet see him back if we don't manage to sign anyone.

Well, of course that's a possibility. But the way I read it, it seems we aren't too fussed about getting him back in at this stage. But I guess as a last resort we may have him back.

4 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Well, of course that's a possibility. But the way I read it, it seems we aren't too fussed about getting him back in at this stage. But I guess as a last resort we may have him back.

Last resort is probably correct. I'd be gobsmacked if he's offered a new contract in May.