Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, George Parr said:

I'd say the run of form CT produced in the Championship before succumbing to injury and fitness issues is probably the most complete I've seen from any Sons midfielder. For a few months he was untouchable.

Watching Morocco's Safyan Amrabat at the World Cup  I was reminded of Chris Turner....

(It might have been the bald head though.)

Another birthday celebration this week. 

Sons Sorrow thread is 10 years old today. 

Not sure if @bigmacDFC still posts but your thread continues! 

Been an interesting 10 years. Did Mark McCusker even play anymore than a couple of games for us? 

2 hours ago, PWL said:

Been an interesting 10 years. Did Mark McCusker even play anymore than a couple of games for us? 

A useful prompt to go back and revisit some of the hot takes from the opening few pages of the thread as we were assured by various opposition fans that we weren't good enough for the Championship 😏

10 minutes ago, George Parr said:

A useful prompt to go back and revisit some of the hot takes from the opening few pages of the thread as we were assured by various opposition fans that we weren't good enough for the Championship 😏

It's absolutely fascinating going back and reading things from that time. @Div should find a way to turn threads into books, because they are superb at charting periods of history from a fans' perspective. Some terrible takes, some excellent takes and some things I totally forgot about.

Still wish we'd signed Liam Buchanan when we had him on trial back in 2013. He'd have scored goals for us :(

38 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll type a random page number in and have a wee read. It can be fascinating. 

7 hours ago, PWL said:

10 years, 3 divisions and a lot of ups and downs.

P.S. I can’t be the only one annoyed with the double apostrophe for Creaney’s da on the first post 😂.

12 hours ago, microdave said:

Probably slightly higher now that it's on page 2551😉

Just finished reading the LH pullout. Superb @Jan Vojáček 👏👏👏

Cheers! I genuinely couldn't have done it without the Archive, it really is an absolutely superb resource for a club like DFC to have.

At the risk of sounding like a crabbit auld git, am I the only person who is finding the revised club website pisspoor compared to the previous version ?

We managed another clean sheet today and I was interested to see how many we've now managed in the league.  Call me thick but I can't see any fixture list on the new site - am I missing something?