Sons' sorrow

We had big Kalvin Orsi on the podcast on Saturday, and it was a really good laugh. He takes us inside the changing room at Brechin, tells us why he thought his move to Morton was a wind-up, speaks about how different him and Carlo are and explains his love for Yoker. It was fantastic fun.

42 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

I’m all for it as well but their the price of a fiver is a poor show to put it in context usual price of parking is 3 quid and a pound of that goes to the 50-50

Apparently there were hundreds of complaints from people at the bonfire because they couldn't see the stadium or the car park 😳

58 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We had big Kalvin Orsi on the podcast on Saturday, and it was a really good laugh. He takes us inside the changing room at Brechin, tells us why he thought his move to Morton was a wind-up, speaks about how different him and Carlo are and explains his love for Yoker. It was fantastic fun.

I've only listened to the first half hour or so but the highlights so far were Chris referring to Dumbarton as "we." I got a wee flutter that we've got another convert. And you almost saying that nobody likes a soggy pie had me sniggering like a child.

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

I've only listened to the first half hour or so but the highlights so far were Chris referring to Dumbarton as "we." I got a wee flutter that we've got another convert. And you almost saying that nobody likes a soggy pie had me sniggering like a child.

I clocked that too. It's been a hard graft, but he's almost one of us now :lol:

Thank God there wasn't a video for this one btw. I was glowing red as I tried to talk myself out of soggy-pie-gate.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Podcast was excellent again. Think that's my favourite one so far. Really enjoy the player interviews and background info they provide.

What I don't get is why there was no New Years or Boxing day additional fixtures this year. Normally you have a Saturday and midweek game yet this year there are none
It's not been normal for us to play a whack of fixtures during the festive period for years. In the last decade, we've only had an additional new year game twice (2013 and 18) and there haven't been any scheduled midweek Boxing day fixtures. We did play Livi in 2017 on the 26th but that was a rearranged game having been postponed a few weeks earlier. Last year there were fixtures arranged for Boxing day/2nd January which were both on a Sunday with no game since the previous weekend.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Will Clyde be allowed to stream the cup game, since its outside the blackout hours?

I'm quite tempted to come up for it, but Avanti are only putting weekend trains up a week in advance, so if there's a stream, that might be the best option.

I hope it is streamed for any fans who can't make the journey.  It's got the potential to be a belter of a contest.

17 hours ago, microdave said:
18 hours ago, Nowhereman said:
What I don't get is why there was no New Years or Boxing day additional fixtures this year. Normally you have a Saturday and midweek game yet this year there are none

It's not been normal for us to play a whack of fixtures during the festive period for years. In the last decade, we've only had an additional new year game twice (2013 and 18) and there haven't been any scheduled midweek Boxing day fixtures. We did play Livi in 2017 on the 26th but that was a rearranged game having been postponed a few weeks earlier. Last year there were fixtures arranged for Boxing day/2nd January which were both on a Sunday with no game since the previous weekend.

Really surprised by that, my memory is clearly going