Sons' sorrow

18 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Not sure if the below has been mentioned on here yet but its too funny not to share... 

Screenshot_20221008-203727_Facebook.jpg

I like wee G as a person. He's coached both my nippers. But that's just about the daftest thing I've ever read. Even he'd think it's stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

No, this is stupider.

819676934_Screenshot_20221008-230131_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9e12ccd5f9b3af34e63930026fb982e8.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Always have to one up me, don't you?

I love a challenge. I just ventured into that Facebook group, where I'd never usually tread and emerged with this topper:

518296636_Screenshot_20221008-2105132.png.24c98677d9b171d1669f0183238694a1.png

That's us fighting relegation now!

Edited by Sweet Pete

I love a challenge. I just ventured into that Facebook group, where I'd never usually tread and emerged with this topper:
518296636_Screenshot_20221008-2105132.png.24c98677d9b171d1669f0183238694a1.png
That's us fighting relegation now!
We're only five games from the bottom of the league. Morton(2004 edition) couldn't lay a glove on us.
Eta Every year[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] We were never actually top of the league last year but whatever.

39 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Answers - Growing evidence, growing evidence, and advisable based on the last year.  

I'm all for constructive criticism too but I dislike denial, and there's a shitload of that going on right now.

Now please answer my question - how many games have you seen this season ?

Denial? Who’s in denial? I’m seeing nothing but level headed posts other than from those who want the manager instantly sacked after one bad result. 

What does it matter how many games I have attended this season? I have access to highlights on a weekly basis and the league table doesn’t lie. I don’t need to attend as many games as you to form the opinion that people wanting the manager sacked tonight are fucking lunatics.

So is the above post you agreeing that Farrell should be sacked tonight and that he has lost the dressing room? Please confirm so we can also file yourself under knicker wetting loonball.

40 minutes ago, microdave said:
49 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:
Not sure if the below has been mentioned on here yet but its too funny not to share... 
Screenshot_20221008-203727_Facebook.thumb.jpg.346ff7e7a9d0a215d248e0b63dbf0d21.jpg

I've just had a look at the fb page and it's an absolute bin fire.

Even by its low, low standards it's absolutely on fire tonight 

Ach, lads, not only are we fighting relegation, but we're now also the worst Sons team in 50 (FIFTY) years:

Screenshot_20221008-213234.thumb.png.6cf2124ad3b3fddeef42aca5e42e9c23.png

Where do these people come from?! I've been watching shite Dumbarton football for years and yet the verdicts are always worse online than in the flesh. What's the quote "y'all are getting too comfortable saying things online you'd never say to someone's face..."

1 hour ago, kenrobell said:

Theirs getting beat then Theirs that shit show today fucks going on something g happen in the back round ?

54 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Screenshot_20221008-203727_Facebook.jpg

44 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Theres no point banging on against BBPF.Heknows it all and his word is Gospel.Just leave him to his SF pics and a long shower.

32 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

No, this is stupider.

819676934_Screenshot_20221008-230131_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.9e12ccd5f9b3af34e63930026fb982e8.jpg

Jesus............

Someone relocate some of our fans to the heads gone thread pronto. Graeme Ramage does 1-2-1 training with kids........ albeit a good job and a good guy I don't know if the poster is being serious or not

Ach, lads, not only are we fighting relegation, but we're now also the worst Sons team in 50 (FIFTY) years:
Where do these people come from?! I've been watching shite Dumbarton football for years and yet the verdicts are always worse online than in the flesh. What's the quote "y'all are getting too comfortable saying things online you'd never say to someone's face..."
I've not been around fifty years but I could think of the teams from the late 80's, 95-98, Paul Martin's team and Jim Duffy's final season as being the worst we've had in my time. That's four for you Al Blair.

I keep quoting you on these SP but I just want to be clear that I'm not having a go at you.

18 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Does the helmet posting this realise we got scudded 7-0 off The Rangers u-12s a few weeks ago.......?

Ach, that game was nothing more than a chance to get game time for some of our players who hadn't featured until then. The result is irrelevant and always would be even if we'd won. The best thing about it was the seethe that Ally Love created.

Fans on here and Facebook have been claiming for ages that we don’t have a football person on the board, we might not but here is my two cent on the manager situation and what I would look at if I were making the decision. Trying to not be a fan saying he should be sacked after a bad result.

First off, I believe he should be give the next two games with the expectation of 6 points.

We have obviously had a great start but performances haven’t been great and the 10th game was always going to be the telling, especially after last year.

Imo Stranraer played a blinder getting the game on Tuesday night, it’s a hard place to go generally but going after a days work was always going to be hard.

Forfar last week weren’t great imo but we were awful, reverting to long balls from Buchanan. The managers said in todays post match interview that we were excellent second half against Forfar. If that was excellent then we have an issue. Also the excuse of we haven't done well at Forfar recently, I don’t buy it. We are barley played them recently. 

I wasn’t at todays game but by all accounts we didn’t turn up. That’s two potentially three that we haven’t turned up. The manager said in his post match interview that he changed the formation and it didn’t work. 2 down in 10mins is an obvious sign. He is either saying he realises this at the end or that he didn’t have the ability to change the formation mid game. A manager at any level should be able to do this.

So right now yes we are top but

we have lost an 8 point lead

we seem to have a group of players who haven’t turned up for a couple of games.

A manager than seems to go into a game with one plan, if that doesn’t work we are screwed.

Icing on the cake. We signed a 37 year old that’s been out the game for a while and his route back, he played 5 a side with the manager and it seemed to start with a joke text. 

I like the beast but it’s a situation that will either be looked at as a stroke of genius or a bit of a laugh. It feels like it will be the second.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Denial? Who’s in denial? I’m seeing nothing but level headed posts other than from those who want the manager instantly sacked after one bad result. 

What does it matter how many games I have attended this season? I have access to highlights on a weekly basis and the league table doesn’t lie. I don’t need to attend as many games as you to form the opinion that people wanting the manager sacked tonight are fucking lunatics.

So is the above post you agreeing that Farrell should be sacked tonight and that he has lost the dressing room? Please confirm so we can also file yourself under knicker wetting loonball.

So your opinion is based on weekly highlights, thanks for confirming that.  I welcome your take on the highlights of today's debacle.

As for Farrell, I fear that he has more belief in his abilities than several of his players do.  And as for the cliche about the league table not lying, that normally applies at the end of the season - the only time that actually counts.

So your opinion is based on weekly highlights, thanks for confirming that.  I welcome your take on the highlights of today's debacle.
As for Farrell, I fear that he has more belief in his abilities than several of his players do.  And as for the cliche about the league table not lying, that normally applies at the end of the season - the only time that actually counts.
There seems to be a bit of you're not at the game so you can't have an opinion going on here. Bbpf is entitled to have an opinion no matter how he's consuming each game. Watching highlights is certainly much better than when I lived overseas and had a Dumbarton Reporter delivered every Thursday. Don't criticise folk if personal circumstances mean they can't attend games. I've been there and I've always been a committed Dumbarton supporter.

1 hour ago, Sons Fan said:

Fans on here and Facebook have been claiming for ages that we don’t have a football person on the board, we might not but here is my two cent on the manager situation and what I would look at if I were making the decision. Trying to not be a fan saying he should be sacked after a bad result.

First off, I believe he should be give the next two games with the expectation of 6 points.

We have obviously had a great start but performances haven’t been great and the 10th game was always going to be the telling, especially after last year.

Imo Stranraer played a blinder getting the game on Tuesday night, it’s a hard place to go generally but going after a days work was always going to be hard.

Forfar last week weren’t great imo but we were awful, reverting to long balls from Buchanan. The managers said in todays post match interview that we were excellent second half against Forfar. If that was excellent then we have an issue. Also the excuse of we haven't done well at Forfar recently, I don’t buy it. We are barley played them recently. 

I wasn’t at todays game but by all accounts we didn’t turn up. That’s two potentially three that we haven’t turned up. The manager said in his post match interview that he changed the formation and it didn’t work. 2 down in 10mins is an obvious sign. He is either saying he realises this at the end or that he didn’t have the ability to change the formation mid game. A manager at any level should be able to do this.

So right now yes we are top but

we have lost an 8 point lead

we seem to have a group of players who haven’t turned up for a couple of games.

A manager than seems to go into a game with one plan, if that doesn’t work we are screwed.

Icing on the cake. We signed a 37 year old that’s been out the game for a while and his route back, he played 5 a side with the manager and it seemed to start with a joke text. 

I like the beast but it’s a situation that will either be looked at as a stroke of genius or a bit of a laugh. It feels like it will be the second.

Gemmell caused their defence more problems than anyone else in the team.... let's no pretend otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

No, my opinion is based on numerous factors. I’m not an idiot, I’m well aware we haven’t been blowing teams away this season. Regardless of all that you are trying to give clout to a fucking loony who wants the gaffer sacked tonight and you are trying to imply I’m wrong for finding that absurd. Maybe in 8 games time I’ll be posting on here wanting Farrell bagged but anyone who wants him sacked tonight is a deluded fanny.

If you want Farrell sacked after today then you are also an absolute fanny.