Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

@lorenzo71 what's the "lost the dressing room" chat about? How can he have alienated all the players in the space of a week?

Sorry, @lorenzo71 can’t respond right now - he’s too busy wanking himself into a frenzy at Dumbarton losing 6-0. He’s been on the edge of his seat for months waiting for something like this to happen.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Sorry, @lorenzo71 can’t respond right now - he’s too busy wanking himself into a frenzy at Dumbarton losing 6-0. He’s been on the edge of his seat for months waiting for something like this to happen.

Yer man's in a right tantrum. Fairly undignified for what I assume to be an adult.

42 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If anyone is having a w**k its you over Farrells photo..

44 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

1 minute ago, lorenzo71 said:

If anyone is having a w**k its you over Farrells photo..

He's got you there, Moj. You do do that right enough.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

If we beat Albion Rovers next Saturday will he have found the dressing room again?

Like I said lets wait and see what happens.I hope Farrell can turn it round.Lot of pressure despite us sitting top.Any manager who loses by that margin will be under pressure.Jack Ross went from hero to zero in a week vs AZ and was shown the door about 3 weeks later.

6 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Like I said lets wait and see what happens.I hope Farrell can turn it round.Lot of pressure despite us sitting top.Any manager who loses by that margin will be under pressure.Jack Ross went from hero to zero in a week vs AZ and was shown the door about 3 weeks later.

True, but he hadn’t won the first seven games.

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

True, but he hadn’t won the first seven games.

True but Jack Ross didnt have previous at United while Farrell does with us.

We were top (on points)in a more difficult league,14 points from 8 games.After Peterhead we took 18 points or so from 27 games and whimpered out via playoffs.Thats the main differenceIMO.

Edited by lorenzo71

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

We’ve actually got a fairly decent run coming up. Next 5 games are a good chance to bounce back strongly. Albion Rovers, Stranraer and Forfar at homes are games we need to be winning.

Agree we need to pick up a good number of points.It will be a test of what this team are made of if they can bounce back.

I'm interested that most of the optimistic noises are coming from posters who probably haven't seen the team in recent weeks.  Lorenzo might be blowing a fuse but he's not wrong on a number of points.

I agree. I’m fully aware that sacking him tonight would be pretty mental but I can’t say I would be totally against it.

I’ve definitely got some deja vu alarm bells ringing from last season.

The performances tell a different story than the results in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

I'm interested that most of the optimistic noises are coming from posters who probably haven't seen the team in recent weeks.  Lorenzo might be blowing a fuse but he's not wrong on a number of points.

On which points is he correct? I haven’t actually seen any constructive criticism of the team or the manager, just made up nonsense. So far he’s claimed Farrell has lost the dressing room, the players aren’t playing for him and that he should be sacked whilst we sit atop the league with 2 defeats in 10.

I by no means think Farrell is some sort of great gaffer but we have a plethora of folk wanting him bagged for one dreadful result and another couple of poor results which made up a run of 3 games that were always going to be tough. Stranraer and Forfar have never been happy hunting grounds for us and the less said about today the better. If we’re sitting here in 8-10 games time without a win and floundering then we can discuss sacking Stevie Farrell. Sacking him based on what happened last season is unfair, he was kept on and should be judged on what is happening here and now, not what happened a year ago. 

In what universe is a manager or team judged on performances over results?

The point I was making is that the performances haven’t actually been that good but obviously nobody complains in if it’s picking you up 3 points every week, myself included.

But it doesn’t take too much imagination to compare them with the struggling performances we displayed for the majority of last season.