Sons' sorrow

We don’t look particularly great but the other teams just don’t have enough of a cutting edge to score against our organised defence at the moment. Which is a fantastic sign regardless of what we are doing at the other end of the pitch.

We limited Rose to 1 chance the whole 90 minutes which was a great chance but at league 2 level it’s far from a guaranteed goal which was demonstrated today.

It’s quite the change from the “if you score 3, we will score 4” era of Ian Murray but I am enjoying it for the moment.

Long may it continue.

4 minutes ago, super-son said:

We don’t look particularly great but the other teams just don’t have enough of a cutting edge to score against our organised defence at the moment. Which is a fantastic sign regardless of what we are doing at the other end of the pitch.

We limited Rose to 1 chance the whole 90 minutes which was a great chance but at league 2 level it’s far from a guaranteed goal which was demonstrated today.

It’s quite the change from the “if you score 3, we will score 4” era of Ian Murray but I am enjoying it for the moment.

Long may it continue.

Wasn't there today, but that describes most of our 7 league games so far, all of which were wins. Clearly, we're a bit of a one trick pony, but it's a good trick and we play at a low enough level that that trick is the difference. A worse team would be grinding out 0-0 draws based on our stubborn defence and workmanlike performances, but we're scoring winning goals and keeping more out. That's champions form. Thus far. After 7 wins from 7 matches, 21 points and a 100% record, we should be celebrating. It won't last. It can't. But we have the foundations there of a promotion team. If the wheels come off in the winter then so be it, but all successful teams know how to win ugly.

I wouldn't be against freshening things up a bit. I don't think Orsi gives us enough creativity and Ally Love was miles off it yesterday.

I'd like to see McLean back in the side. Also wouldn't be against giving the young Morton loanee a chance as well. I think Byrne would benefit from a bit of help and support from his wide forwards.

Defence has been rock solid. McNiff isnt great going forward, but he knows how to defend. Buchanan is taking charge of things at the back and Carswell is reading the game really well. Lynas has an incredible work rate. Also helps that Ryan Blair s in front of them. Blair won't get plaudits for Prilo type passing, but he always seems to be where he needs to be. He wins the ball and retains possession well until he can find a teammate with a pass. One of those players that you don't tend to value until you don't have them in the team and you're that much easier to play through.

The Scottish cup draw is on twitter, facebook and YouTube at 6 o'clock. I'm hoping we get someone we've never played before and there's a fair chance that will happen as over twenty of the forty in the draw fall into that category. Cue Albion Rovers or Annan since we play them either side of the cup weekend.

3 minutes ago, microdave said:
18 minutes ago, cremola foam said:
I reckon 70 points wins the league.
We have 21. Need another 49 from 29 games, which would be 10 draws and 6 wins.
Just saying.

Er... that would give us 49 points in total.

I knew my cunning plan had to have a flaw!