Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s been a dreadfully tough few weeks for them following the death of Alex Lowry. Pumped rotten off everyone and the Queen popping her clogs. I wonder if it’s that karma thing they were all talking about when Ally Love escaped the murder charge.

Apparently, if Lowry hadn't been lost that night then they would have won all 3 matches... 

14 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I see some absolute roasters on your Facebook page are mad that you're offering online tickets.

At our level of football I don't think we need to go online only. Sometimes tech for the sake of it doesnt actually improve things.

If folk want to buy tickets online then fine, just as long as we retain a cash gate option. Not every fan can buy online and use e-ticketing.

36 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I see some absolute roasters on your Facebook page are mad that you're offering online tickets.

A lot of our support are old fuddy duddies who are set in their ways and don’t like change. They are probably still trying to buy their matchday tickets with golden groats and shillings.

Being able to buy a ticket with a few clicks of your thumb is great news and brings us into the 21st century instead of the previous option of cash only which was a total pain in the arse. It had become quite literally the only thing I had to lift cash for and hoofing it to the ATM en route to the game was less than ideal. 

A lot of our support are old fuddy duddies who are set in their ways and don’t like change. They are probably still trying to buy their matchday tickets with golden groats and shillings.
Being able to buy a ticket with a few clicks of your thumb is great news and brings us into the 21st century instead of the previous option of cash only which was a total pain in the arse. It had become quite literally the only thing I had to lift cash for and hoofing it to the ATM en route to the game was less than ideal. 

So that suits you and that’s fine. No need to criticise folk for whom cash suits better though. If the club have both options then that’s best for everyone

5 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

So that suits you and that’s fine. No need to criticise folk for whom cash suits better though. If the club have both options then that’s best for everyone

It was just a wee joke but the club do offer both options (they never said they wouldn’t at any point) so everyone who was up in arms at the prospect of us going cashless can untwist their panties and relax. 

10 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I don't think BBPF was ever suggesting cashless was the way to go. And he's right, remembering to pick up cash specifically for the turnstile when there's only 1 ATM even vaguely nearby is inconvenient. Being able to donate a ticket online, buy a ticket before time online, pay digitally at the gate or pay cash is the four options we should have and it's great we now do. Anyone moaning about it that I've seen have consistently been fuds, needlessly moaning about progress.