Sons' sorrow

22 minutes ago, G51 said:

How does a community club like Dumbarton justify employing Ally Love?

Off you go and take your dragging knuckles, bigotry, intolerance and hatred elsewhere - it's not welcome here

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Some very angry white males in here defending their club employing a racist. It’s a great look guys.

If your issue was us signing Ally Love then you should've been posting on here in May, chief. You can't just have an issue with it because he's fouled one of your players.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

If your issue was us signing Ally Love then you should've been posting on here in May, chief. You can't just have an issue with it because he's fouled one of your players.

I don’t really care. But some of the posters in this thread taking the high ground on sectarianism etc certainly seems very hollow now. Your club is every bit as bad as any of them.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

I don’t really care. But some of the posters in this thread taking the high ground on sectarianism etc certainly seems very hollow now. Your club is every bit as bad as any of them.

Nobody here has actually defended Loves past, nor justified the club signing him. If you were here in May you would've found comments from Sons fans saying they weren't happy about his past, but for many it's not an issue to stop supporting the club, we've had actual criminals play for us previously. We aren't a community owned club, the fans can moan or withhold their money but the club is privately owned and will sign who they want, and ultimately Love will be here for a season or two and away again. 

In any case we won't be taking moral guidance from one of the most bigoted bunch of c***s to walk this fine land, nor from a shite wind up merchant on The Pie and Bovril Football Forum. 

1 hour ago, G51 said:

How does a community club like Dumbarton justify employing Ally Love?

Shall we go back through the years and look at who your club has employed over the years.......

A Rangers fan taking the moral high ground on racism, that's a belter!

Half your fans didn't know the B team were even playing last night, some of the comments of social media are a disgrace, some laughable but nearly all point to your fans being nothing but a bunch of scum bags. Anyone giving out death threats or abuse over a bad tackle that happens in nearly every game of football is a weirdo. He's a precious prodigy I hear you say! Well treat him like one and don't have him kicking about in your B team on cow fields against lower league jobbers! 

Anyway, jog on back to yourcown thread, you must have a big team to play sometime soon!

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

Shall we go back through the years and look at who your club has employed over the years.......

A Rangers fan taking the moral high ground on racism, that's a belter!

Half your fans didn't know the B team were even playing last night, some of the comments of social media are a disgrace, some laughable but nearly all point to your fans being nothing but a bunch of scum bags. Anyone giving out death threats or abuse over a bad tackle that happens in nearly every game of football is a weirdo. He's a precious prodigy I hear you say! Well treat him like one and don't have him kicking about in your B team on cow fields against lower league jobbers! 

Anyway, jog on back to yourcown thread, you must have a big team to play sometime soon!

Whataboutery. Very sad to see.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s nowhere near as bad as that original grainy footage made it look. Prayers are with you @BallochSonsFan please don’t watch.

Its as bad as the shite footage was. Love leaves the ground when he's diving into the tackle. It isnt a straight leg, but that doesnt make a difference if Love catches Lowry's standing leg properly. As it is, Lowry doesnt have all of his standing weight on that leg, the force of the tackle puts him in the air and he lands awkwardly. Were you happy with Kevin Nichol's tackle in the last league game of the season that earned him his red? You happy if somebody goes in like that on Finlay Gray? The higher quality video is no better than the shite one from the stand.

It was a shite tackle that Love didnt need to make. Red card all day long and dangerous. If it was anybody tackling Gray like that then we'd be raging. We were raging when it was Kevin Nichol. One such post that might jog your memory?

Bring Back Paddy Flannery

• Bring Back Paddy Flannery
  • Gold Members
  • My Team : Dumbarton
  On 01/05/2022 at 08:56, Sweet Pete said:

Nicol was playing well for Clyde until his horror tackle.

I thought his performance yesterday was a disgrace. He flew into a couple of challenges before the red card one which if he had connected properly they would have been horror tackles. He just looked absolutely desperate to hurt someone which is a bizarre attitude for anyone to have nevermind a seasoned pro like him, especially is a fairly tame end of season deid rubber.

I’ve always quite liked the guy but after yesterday I’ve decided he is an absolute walloper.

That doesnt give Rangers fans any right to behave the way they have done. I've seen fans calling for karma in the form of a career ending injury. I've seen them calling for Love to get a kicking. I've seen them suggesting that it was criminal assault. I don't remember the same when Roofe broke an opponent's jaw in several places. I don't remember them being so understanding when the Slavia fans went after Roofe on social media. Football fans of all persuasions are hypocrites. Subjectively our players are angels. Objectively players at every level of the game are capable of the occasional monumentally bad decision. Its football. It happens.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

4 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

Someone has seen the video and said yes the intent was written all over loves face...

Right you are...

Screenshot_20220824-192229_Twitter.jpg

Mad that it's 2022 and the best footage we can get of a game has been lifted straight from a Nokia 3310.

Anyway. It's not a good challenge. But from that angle I'd say it's also not even the most dangerous challenge I've seen in the second-half of a game at the Rock this season. That goes to Stirling's Cammy Clark for just about decapitating Aron Lynas.

Oddly though I didn't feel the urge to start giving him death threats and Tweeting his Mrs. 

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Its as bad as the shite footage was. Love leaves the ground when he's diving into the tackle. It isnt a straight leg, but that doesnt make a difference if Love catches Lowry's standing leg properly. As it is, Lowry doesnt have all of his standing weight on that leg, the force of the tackle puts him in the air and he lands awkwardly. Were you happy with Kevin Nichol's tackle in the last league game of the season that earned him his red? You happy if somebody goes in like that on Finlay Gray?

It was a shite tackle that Love didnt need to make. Red card all day long and dangerous. If it was anybody tackling Gray like that then we'd be raging. We were raging when it was Kevin Nichol. One such post that might jog your memory?

Bring Back Paddy Flannery

• Bring Back Paddy Flannery
  • Gold Members
  • My Team : Dumbarton
  On 01/05/2022 at 08:56, Sweet Pete said:

Nicol was playing well for Clyde until his horror tackle.

I thought his performance yesterday was a disgrace. He flew into a couple of challenges before the red card one which if he had connected properly they would have been horror tackles. He just looked absolutely desperate to hurt someone which is a bizarre attitude for anyone to have nevermind a seasoned pro like him, especially is a fairly tame end of season deid rubber.

I’ve always quite liked the guy but after yesterday I’ve decided he is an absolute walloper.

Wow, imagine digging that up to somehow back your argument up you strange man.

On the subject of the Kevin Nicol tackle (not that is remotely relevant to this incident whatsoever) he was brought on as a sub and decided to lunge into every tackle he possibly could. He finally connected with one of his lunges and was rightly sent off. It wasn’t just a shocking tackle, the guy was clearly out to snap someone from the minute he was subbed on. His tackle was a leg breaker. 

Ally Love’s tackle isn’t great because it’s late but he he quite clearly comes in from the side and attempts to win the ball. 

Your big team mask is slipping pretty badly here fella.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wow, imagine digging that up to somehow back your argument up you strange man.

On the subject of the Kevin Nicol tackle (not that is remotely relevant to this incident whatsoever) he was brought on as a sub and decided to lunge into every tackle he possibly could. He finally connected with one of his lunges and was rightly sent off. It wasn’t just a shocking tackle, the guy was clearly out to snap someone from the minute he was subbed on. His tackle was a leg breaker. 

Ally Love’s tackle isn’t great because it’s late but he he quite clearly comes in from the side and attempts to win the ball. 

Your big team mask is slipping pretty badly here fella.

Or how about just accepting that it was a shite tackle, that Love deserves criticism for it and that we've been raging when opponents have tackled ours in a similar way. Just like you were after the Clyde game. What the player doesnt deserve is the lunatic fringe of Rangers fans going after him or his family. Same fans who'll say with a straight face that Roofe was unlucky and that it wasn't assault on the Slavia keeper. Most observers would suggest that anywhere other than a football pitch and Roofe was facing jail time.

If you want to apply a different standard to Love because he's a Sons player than to Kevin Nichol because he tackled a Sons player then wire in. I don't do double standards. A bad tackle is a bad tackle. Love was stupid and reckless and we could have no complaints if it had been a straight red. It's unlikely to be something that attracts further discipline at that level of competition, but it's not a good tackle and if it was a Rangers player on Finlay Gray then Sons fans would be raging. If there was to be further disciplinary action then we'd have little complaint and could be without Love for several games. 

We wouldn't go as far as to target the opponent for abuse and threats. We're better than that. But fan behaviour doesn't change the tackle. All it really does is highlight the extreme behaviour of a minority of absolute bellends.