Sons' sorrow

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can't take much credit for this to be fair. Shaun, who does the social media videos and stuff, asked me if I fancied it - and I thought, why not. But he's been the driving force behind it all, I'm just the handsome face fronting it.

We've got a special guest lined up for episode one, which I'm looking forward to.

2 hours ago, Sons FC said:

Is it Sweet Pete?

Is it a vagina?

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It was a bad tackle.

I view it exactly the same way as Kevin Nichol's tackle in the last league game of last season. We were all pissed off that Nichol made such a poor challenge late in a meaningless game. 

The reaction from some Rangers fans has been way ott. Ultimately its a bad tackle that you see at all levels of football in all leagues in the world. It's unfortunate that it happened, but the reality is that tackles like that happen. Doesn't mean that fans can pretend it wasn't a bad one, but equally the reaction wishing all sorts in Love is wrong.

Bad tackles happen. They'll never be removed from football. If the Kevin Nichol tackle was a bad one last May then there's no grounds for us to pretend that Love's challenge wasn't. 

Nobody said it wasn't a bad tackle, that I have noticed anywhere, and I don't think anyone would have grounds to say it was acceptable and didn't deserve a red.

29 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

The abuse Love is taking is a shambles.  I'm dying for him to score the winner this weekend.

The abuse any player takes is shambolic. As bad a tackle as it was, Rangers fans would do well to remember that if Roofe breaks somebody's jaw with a high boot anywhere other than a football park then its an assault charge and that the subsequent abuse of Roofe by Slavia Prague fans was indefensible too.

Some of the comments by Rangers fans are mental.

Rangers fans in being subhuman scum shocker. Yes, it's a bad tackle by Love but these happen up and down the country each week and no other fan bases seem to resort to having to hunt down the player. Football is a physical and emotional game and these things will happen.

Big Gemmell got the death threats when he was at us for calling Ally McCoist a p***k on twitter as well. They are vermin.

43 minutes ago, microdave said:

I've just had a guy at work have a go and I took great delight in telling him Love is a Killie fan when he was presuming he supports Celtic. Gas, peep etc.

What are you talking about, he put in a dirty tackle last night - this is proof he is founder of the Killie Emerald Hail Hail CSC

I've never known such a mentally unstable fanbase in my life than that of Rangers, even more so on social media. There was even someone with a profile pic of Graeme Souness ridiculing the challenge. The same Souness that done this :lol: 

Edited by CM.

11 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

What are you talking about, he put in a dirty tackle last night - this is proof he is founder of the Killie Emerald Hail Hail CSC

I'm not disagreeing that it was a bad tackle. But I've got a Rangers fan frothing at the mouth and saying, and i quote, "The p***k's one of them" and I merely corrected him. As others are saying, bad challenges happen every week and go (relatively) unpunished. In fact, it reminded me of Brian Graham's elbow on Sam Wardrop just over a year ago but there weren't any Dumbarton fans threatening him as far as I remember.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

I'm not disagreeing that it was a bad tackle. But I've got a Rangers fan frothing at the mouth and saying, and i quote, "The p***k's one of them" and I merely corrected him. As others are saying, bad challenges happen every week and go (relatively) unpunished. In fact, it reminded me of Brian Graham's elbow on Sam Wardrop just over a year ago but there weren't any Dumbarton fans threatening him as far as I remember.

Brian Graham looks like a Bankie to me. I've always said that. 

Just seen someone on Twitter saying, "seen the clip and it looks like he has hit him in the back of the legs with 2 feet. Is that correct?" Bizarre stuff.

Certainly didn’t look like that from the albeit poor quality video I seen.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

How does a community club like Dumbarton justify employing Ally Love?

I guess we justify it in a similar way to, for example, a club like Rangers employing someone like, for example, Joey Barton.

Unlike Barton however Love has no criminal convictions to his name.