Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, super-son said:

Someone post this video clip of it then…

Its available on social media. Its a terrible quality video and doesnt really show clearly the contact itself. It only shows Love diving in form behind, Lowry going in the air and landing. The contact itself isnt clear on the video.

I'd suggest keeping it off here because it'll end up attracting Celtic fans stirring things and Rangers fans threatening all sorts. Easy enough to find if you want to watch it, but we don't need the shite it's attracted on Twatter being played out on this thread.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not even close. Not even remotely close.

Both are late, no deliberate attempt to play the ball and are quite high. Its a red for sure.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

Its available on social media. Its a terrible quality video and doesnt really show clearly the contact itself. It only shows Love diving in form behind, Lowry going in the air and landing. The contact itself isnt clear on the video.

I'd suggest keeping it off here because it'll end up attracting Celtic fans stirring things and Rangers fans threatening all sorts. Easy enough to find if you want to watch it, but we don't need the shite it's attracted on Twatter being played out on this thread.

How can you argue it's not even close if you haven't seen it back clearly? Were you there tonight?

I’ve just watched the low quality video. It really doesn’t look that ridiculously late. Doesn’t look very high either. Obviously a booking but from the video it doesn’t look like a red.

Edit to add: Definitely worse than the Lundtrum tackle though.

1 minute ago, squeezebox-son said:

Both are late, no deliberate attempt to play the ball and are quite high. Its a red for sure.

How can you argue it's not even close if you haven't seen it back clearly? Were you there tonight?

Because the video I've seen shows how late and how much force there is in Love's tackle. Love went in with far more force than Lundstram did. He's off the ground until shortly before he makes contact with the Rangers kid. It's a far worse tackle than Lundstram on the Hibs player. 

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Because the video I've seen shows how late and how much force there is in Love's tackle. Love went in with far more force than Lundstram did. He's off the ground until shortly before he makes contact with the Rangers kid. It's a far worse tackle than Lundstram on the Hibs player in my opinion

Fixed that for you 👍

Just now, squeezebox-son said:

Fixed that for you 👍

Watch the 2 tackles.

Ignore the fact that Lundstram plays for Rangers and that Love was tackling a Rangers B player.

It wouldn't matter if the games had been  Albion Rovers v Stranraer, Pollok v  Cumnock or Bayern Munich v Borrusia Dortmund.  Love's tackle on Lowry was worse than Lundstram's on the Hibs player. And that's regardless of the outcome - it's unclear whether its the tackle or the landing that's worse for Lowry. It was a shocker.

17 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Watch the 2 tackles.

Ignore the fact that Lundstram plays for Rangers and that Love was tackling a Rangers B player.

It wouldn't matter if the games had been  Albion Rovers v Stranraer, Pollok v  Cumnock or Bayern Munich v Borrusia Dortmund.  Love's tackle on Lowry was worse than Lundstram's on the Hibs player. And that's regardless of the outcome - it's unclear whether its the tackle or the landing that's worse for Lowry. It was a shocker.

It makes absolutely no different to me that it is Rangers on either side. I think the challenges are similar. The main difference is that one had to get stretchered off (as you fairly pointed out, that could be down to the landing and not the contact of the challenges itself) and the other gets up and walks away.

Anyway, it's late and I wasted £9 to go tonight in a spur of the moment decision which I regretted within about 20 mins of making.

I really hate to waste more energy on Rangers and this cup but I've just read the manager saying they couldn't enjoy their 7-0 victory because Lowry got hurt. If yer no enjoying it just f**k off, and maybe yer precious wee laddies won't end up "in distress". 

Death threats over a challenge cup game. What a club. 

Seems most of chat about one moment in game and differing opinions about red v yellow.

when will people on this chat allow others to have a point of view 😃😃

my worry about last night is the depth of squad after promising league start . Seems we make done changes we drop a few levels . 
included in our changes was someone we’ve been pushing to get back for over a year albeit he needs some game time and a young midfielder who this time last year was considered best player in higher league .

what will happen with this squad if we start to lose a couple of games in the league . 

7 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Thems the rules. There's an age limit for the B team in the lowland league that would potentially rule out Zukowski and would certainly rule out Stephen Kelly. It's an under 20s team in the Lowland League. Challenge Cup doesnt have the same age restriction.

In now looks to be an u21 team in the Lowland League. I say looks like, as of course no one bothered to make public the rules for the B teams.

Last year the age restriction was Jan 2002+. Some of those 2002 age players are still playing this season when it should have been bumped to 2003 if still an u20s.

Anyway, moving on from the untimely death of Alex Lowry, why was there an SIA badged steward last night controlling when people went forward in the tea bar queue? It was utterly bizarre. He was holding his arm up as a barrier when the three ladies serving were occupied by punters, then when one would become free he'd point his radio and say "go to that one". Are Rangers fans such animals that they don't know how a queue works? Or Dumbarton fans? What was that about?

Watched that video genuinely expecting much, much worse. I’ve maybe become desensitised due to years of watching Kevin Nicoll but I don’t that it’s that bad a tackle. Pretty poor, aye, probably a red card, but definitely not worthy of death threats ffs.

ETA: I also hate this chat about “assault on a young boy” as if Lowry’s a 6 year old. Whilst I don’t condone it, that’s football and if B-teams are entering this competition, that’s the risk they take.

19 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

The funny thing about the "is Ally Love a Tim" pish is that Ally's a big Rangers fan. Just further highlights the mentality of these dimwits.

I was fairly sure Ally’s a Killie fan as well, but could be wrong!

Edited by Scott-Replay

Yes it is.
Lets not mess about here. Ally Love was idiotic. It would have been idiotic in the first minute of the game., never mind the last He was never getting the ball. He was always taking the man. Regardless of exactly how bad the contact was and whether it was the tackle itself that caused most damage or the landing that made things worse, Love should have been dismissed for a terrible tackle. If thats an Elgin player on Saturday going in on Finlay Gray then we're all raging.
It was a shocker and Love deserves to be criticised for it.

Blue tinted specs mate the intent was the same just Boyle was too fast for lundstram