Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

These league cup games are basically extended friendlies so if we use them to get fitness, fine. If we manage get a couple of results then it's a bonus.

Sadly what you say is true but the League Cup should either be treated with respect or scrapped.  It's disappointing to see what was for decades a well regarded trophy reduced to dross, and the SPFL and the member clubs are to blame.  Personally I'd happily junk the Iron Bru Cup or whatever it's called these days.

Surrey Sons Supporters will be at the Aberdeen game next Wednesday.

Any suggestions that this is only happening because Sons FC and Sons FC Jr have tickets for the Open and are based in Montrose would be far too cynical and purely coincidental.

3 hours ago, Sons FC said:

Surrey Sons Supporters will be at the Aberdeen game next Wednesday.

Any suggestions that this is only happening because Sons FC and Sons FC Jr have tickets for the Open and are based in Montrose would be far too cynical and purely coincidental.

When you say based in Montrose, do you mean staying there while the open is on or permanently based there?

Just reread your post and assume it has to be the former. For a minute, I thought you had tripled the number of Sons fans in that town since FifeSons made his way South.

Edited by FifeSons

On 06/07/2022 at 21:50, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Sadly what you say is true but the League Cup should either be treated with respect or scrapped.  It's disappointing to see what was for decades a well regarded trophy reduced to dross, and the SPFL and the member clubs are to blame.  Personally I'd happily junk the Iron Bru Cup or whatever it's called these days.

To be fair, the full-time teams can take it seriously if they want to. The current format essentially invites teams like us to treat it as glorified friendlies, where we make a bit of extra cash.

I’ll be making no real judgement on the team and manager until the league kicks off.

I noticed the away shorts on the Teamwear website are blue, but from the launch photo they were white? I think the away top looks worse with blue shorts but appreciate it might just be we have blue shorts in case a ref requires a change from white. 

The gear on there looks excellent though, the travel polos look the part. 

25 minutes ago, Cruyff14 said:

What is the sizing like compared to Joma? I have the fear i’m going to buy everything on that site….

I'd say they're smaller than the Joma ones were. Find it a bit tighter round my abs... Ok fine, stomach

Edited by Clarko_son

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I noticed the away shorts on the Teamwear website are blue, but from the launch photo they were white? I think the away top looks worse with blue shorts but appreciate it might just be we have blue shorts in case a ref requires a change from white. 

The gear on there looks excellent though, the travel polos look the part. 

Would be an absolute travesty if we were told to wear navy blue instead of white shorts with our away strip to be honest.

15 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Signing incoming klaxon.

Young trialist Finlay Gray confirmed.

I haven’t seen any of the friendlies so I’ve nae idea how he’s looked but he done fairly well in the Lowland League last year so he’s the type of guy I’m happy to see join the club.