Sons' sorrow

Hopefully tonight was a good opportunity for players to get to know one another on the park and for fitness. Result wise not losing a game was nice, however we can't really judge much from it. 

Screenshot_20220623_211553.jpg.fe28ab60ede4ad993b3fdf82f63e5ce9.jpg

I'd be interested to see who this keeper is we're looking at.

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

Hopefully tonight was a good opportunity for players to get to know one another on the park and for fitness. Result wise not losing a game was nice, however we can't really judge much from it. 

Screenshot_20220623_211553.jpg.fe28ab60ede4ad993b3fdf82f63e5ce9.jpg

I'd be interested to see who this keeper is we're looking at.

Seems bizarre to have not given him any game time tonight, with so much experimenting happening.

12 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Individual error #1.

Was it an individual error? The majority of own goals tend to be unlucky or unfortunate rather than a blatant individual error but I’ve read hee haw about the game other than on this thread so I have nae idea.

Very interesting to see that Buchanan was selected as captain over Carswell, that really does point to Carswell being stripped of the captaincy, which isn’t a bad thing IMO. Mind you, the last guy I want taking it off him is Gregor Buchanan. 

I can only assume that Wallace and McKee are carrying slight knocks. Lets hope Layne’s starting spot was down to Byrne just arriving home from holiday rather than us being interested in signing him, although I’d far rather see our own players or potential signings get minutes over some charity case we are allowing to train with us.

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was it an individual error? The majority of own goals tend to be unlucky or unfortunate rather than a blatant individual error but I’ve read hee haw about the game other than on this thread so I have nae idea.

Very interesting to see that Buchanan was selected as captain over Carswell, that really does point to Carswell being stripped of the captaincy, which isn’t a bad thing IMO. Mind you, the last guy I want taking it off him is Gregor Buchanan. 

I can only assume that Wallace and McKee are carrying slight knocks. Lets hope Layne’s starting spot was down to Byrne just arriving home from holiday rather than us being interested in signing him, although I’d far rather see our own players or potential signings get minutes over some charity case we are allowing to train with us.

Wallace had a groin twinge (cue wild celebrations in Methil), McKee has tweaked his hamstring and Lynch broke a bone in his foot on holiday, whilst stone-cold sober.  All typical pre-season stuff.

Apparently the trialist keeper may get ninety minutes tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is anyone shocked to see these guys drop down to this sort of level? Paul Paton actually looked pretty decent to begin with but by the end up he was turning in some absolute shockers on a weekly basis. Then there was his daft Goodwillie tweet and I thought get this joker out of here!

Not surprised at all.

To think Farrell offered Boyle a player/coach role for next season too. 

Scary 

The best I seen of Paton was his peach of a cross onto a headed goal for us at Edinburgh in the play-off.

29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Is anyone shocked to see these guys drop down to this sort of level? Paul Paton actually looked pretty decent to begin with but by the end up he was turning in some absolute shockers on a weekly basis. Then there was his daft Goodwillie tweet and I thought get this joker out of here!

I thought someone in league 2 might have had a look at Paton but it's hardly a shock to see him there.

I was more surprised to see Sam Ramsbottom playing as a trialist for Alloa the other night. Less surprised that it didn't go particularly well. 

33 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I thought someone in league 2 might have had a look at Paton but it's hardly a shock to see him there.

I was more surprised to see Sam Ramsbottom playing as a trialist for Alloa the other night. Less surprised that it didn't go particularly well. 

He’s probably been offered more money at Glenafton then he would get in L2.

The money that’s getting thrown about at WoSFL level is scary!