Sons' sorrow

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Football fans are complete weirdos sometimes. I’ve seen numerous players at Dumbarton over the years who have a certain aspect to their game they are really good at that benefits the team but they are criticised by some for not doing something else they aren’t so good at. Christ at one point Paddy Flannery was scoring 15-20 goals a season and we still had folk moaning about him on a weekly basis. 

The same could be said of certain players.  You mentioned Paddy Flannery; he was one of the most natural goalscorers I've seen in a Sons shirt, but I reckon had his attitude and work ethic been better he'd have been playing at a much higher level.  But it wasn't and he didn't, and there were times when he looked as if he couldn't be arsed.

3 hours ago, microdave said:

Saw this pic on twitter. Looks like the pitch is back to a decent standard. Are the Rangers children's team still sharing with us this season? 118caa0502f2484a9dad23be8d4ff4ff.jpg

As far as I understand they are, apparently they are also contributing to the upkeep of the pitch this season.

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Everyone loves an arsehole on their team but as we saw with MacLean last year there is a fine line between a fanny and an arsehole. As long as Wallace's arseholeyness doesn't cost the team I'm fine with it. 

The Perineum?

this squad on paper has to be challenging to win the league.

anything short of the 10 or 12 point mark after our first 5 games and we see the same issues as last year then the board should grow a set and make a change in the dugout.

I wander how the managers fund is going this year? with folk with holding money from the club never mind money straight into that clowns hands? Anyone know?

On 19/06/2022 at 15:25, The Moonster said:

Everyone loves an arsehole on their team but as we saw with MacLean last year there is a fine line between a fanny and an arsehole. As long as Wallace's arseholeyness doesn't cost the team I'm fine with it. 

'Tubby' Wallace is walloper he is disruptive for any dressing room, disrespectful to fans and club particularly East Fife who as was acknowledged by many player's  were very good to player's during pandemic. He is only  a legend in his own head. Most referee's are well aware of his backing in and histrionic falls and moaning. He has the arse the size  a clydesdale horse and is about as mobile.  He will pick up wages for another 2 years at Dumbarton for no effort or return.  A really despicable  turd

5 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

'Tubby' Wallace is walloper he is disruptive for any dressing room, disrespectful to fans and club particularly East Fife who as was acknowledged by many player's  were very good to player's during pandemic. He is only  a legend in his own head. Most referee's are well aware of his backing in and histrionic falls and moaning. He has the arse the size  a clydesdale horse and is about as mobile.  He will pick up wages for another 2 years at Dumbarton for no effort or return.  A really despicable  turd

Let me tell you, that's a huge step-up from what we had up front last season.

13 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

What did East Fife do for players during the pandemic? 

21 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

You'll be absolutely delighted he has moved on then? Maybe go worry about players you have in your squad and let us worry about what we can get from Wallace?

Surely the wage you guys have freed up will go towards signing another player or 2?

38 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Boo hoo. Get over it.

I'm hopeful we can get a tune out of Ryan given that he's dropped down a level. A lot will depend of course on him having a decent pre-season. In fairness there's no lack of games and opportunities for him to get stuck in over the next month. 

55 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Meh, we’ve had worse. 😂

Considering we've not played with a proper striker since Calum Gallagher left us in 2019, it's a risk we are willing to take. 

Weirdly, after a couple of really depressing seasons, I've already found myself Googling directions to Alliance Park.....

3 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

Glad to see your not bitter. 

Fair play to everyone involved in organising the new kits, they look absolutely fantastic. Two of our best kits in a long time and I’ll probably try and get my hands on both of them.

Personally I’d prefer them without the graphic on the back but I appreciate that sort of thing appeals to a lot of people, especially in a historic year.