Sons' sorrow

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It has just occurred to me that we were the last team to play Edinburgh City, as the club has now been 'obliged' to change its name.

Someone picked FC Edinburgh 😨😨😨

Did they not beat Annan in the final after they pumped us?

I noticed that there are no games scheduled for 26/11 and 10/12. I presume that one will be a Scottish cup date. Anyone know why we'll have a free Saturday?

21 minutes ago, microdave said:

I noticed that there are no games scheduled for 26/11 and 10/12. I presume that one will be a Scottish cup date. Anyone know why we'll have a free Saturday?

Too many of our players are away at the world Cup.......

53 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It has just occurred to me that we were the last team to play Edinburgh City, as the club has now been 'obliged' to change its name.

Someone picked FC Edinburgh 😨😨😨

Stinking name. Total nothing club mind you so almost no-one will notice / care.

I'm maybe a little late to the season ticket chat, but it seems great value when compared to the walk up price.  I think there us also an option to pay the ST up over the year which is quite considerate nowadays.

Just looking through the other squads in this division. We've got to have one of the most experienced and better known teams on paper. 

Some premier, and European experience in there

10 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Just looking through the other squads in this division. We've got to have one of the most experienced and better known teams on paper. 

Some premier, and European experience in there

I’d be surprised if anyone has a larger budget than us. Promotion by winning the league has to be the expectations set out by the board.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stirling and Stenny are easily paying as much as us, if not more.

Hmm, their highest earners might be on as much as ours (like a couple of other sides), but I'd say we have more players that will be on decent salaries than either side. Buchanan, McKee, McGeever, Long, Carswell and Wallace will on be on decent wedge. Big pressure on Stevie boy.

1 hour ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Anyone know why it appears Bucky wasn’t at training on Thursday night?

Maybe out with his Da tracking down fans that critiqued his performances....

2 hours ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Anyone know why it appears Bucky wasn’t at training on Thursday night?

With a bit of luck, perhaps we are looking to offload him.

I noticed Frank's interview had him saying, "There will also be a bit of movement before the transfer window closes, but we are delighted with what we have to date."

Which in the context, read to me that we are still trying to negotiate with players who are in the squad. Although, I doubt Buchanan would be the one (one of the ones) we will look to move on.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Maybe out with his Da tracking down fans that critiqued his performances....

We’ll probably create a new staff role so Buchanan Sr can pursue it full-time!

Edited by FifeSons

7 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

With a bit of luck, perhaps we are looking to offload him.

I noticed Frank's interview had him saying, "There will also be a bit of movement before the transfer window closes, but we are delighted with what we have to date."

Which in the context, read to me that we are still trying to negotiate with players who are in the squad. Although, I doubt Buchanan would be the one (one of the ones) we will look to move on.

I'm surprised that there hasnt been departures from the group on 2y deals.  Paton might be the only one who left for something better, but I kind of imagined that some of them wouldn't have fancied playing in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

I'm surprised that there hasnt been departures from the group on 2y deals.  Paton might be the only one who left for something better, but I kind of imagined that some of them wouldn't have fancied playing in the 2nd.

Maybe they’re all happy to continue being wage thiefs?!

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

I can't imagine there was loads of clubs out there who had seen these guys play and based on performances thought they would be a good addition