Sons' sorrow

10 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Why the f**k do we have 2 kitmen? 

Cause Faz wanted to give his wee pal Jamie from Stranraer the job as kitman but he can't drive so just gave him a job anyway.

3 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

Cause Faz wanted to give his wee pal Jamie from Stranraer the job as kitman but he can't drive so just gave him a job anyway.

I can’t tell if this is a joke or not.

God knows why we have a sport scientist. I mean fair play if we're going to be the fittest side in the league and chase the arse of everyone but going on last seasons efforts I find that hard to believe. Happy to be proven wrong. I would also like to think kitmen at our level are volunteers but with Faz and jobs for the boys who knows.

I really don’t get how we’re so broke that we’re on our knees and can’t afford to sack the manager, yet seem to hire a new staff member every day.

Also, when he’s punted, will all these guys be heading out the door too?

Like when we were letting Farrell dish out 18 month contracts to mediocrity in January, when his position should’ve been hanging by a thread. I mean, I’m quite pleased with Wallace, but a 2 year deal for him seems incredibly risky, given he’s 32 next month and his recent form and other issues.

This club is so incredibly badly run, makes you want to pull your hair out.

23 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I would also like to think kitmen at our level are volunteers but with Faz and jobs for the boys who knows.

It all just sounds like way too much of an old pals act. Especially the circumstances that led to Farrell getting the job in the first place.

Of course, if we were doing well on the pitch, we’d probably be happy enough to overlook these things. It all seems really weird, though.

Serious fear for this season. I’d maybe be confident about finishing above Albion Rovers, but not many of the rest.

Edited by FifeSons

Surely you aren't paying a kitman nevermind two? It's usually always a volunteered position at this level.

Regarding sports scientist pretty much every club in Scotland will have one these days so that's certainly nothing out of the ordinary at this level. You're behind the times if you don't have one I'd say.

19 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

One for the home kit & one for the away kit, obviously!

That actually would’ve come in handy when we brought the wrong kit to Stenny and had to wear their away one!

Edited by FifeSons

31 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

God knows why we have a sport scientist. I mean fair play if we're going to be the fittest side in the league and chase the arse of everyone but going on last seasons efforts I find that hard to believe. Happy to be proven wrong. I would also like to think kitmen at our level are volunteers but with Faz and jobs for the boys who knows.

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Surely you aren't paying a kitman nevermind two? It's usually always a volunteered position at this level.

Regarding sports scientist pretty much every club in Scotland will have one these days so that's certainly nothing out of the ordinary at this level. You're behind the times if you don't have one I'd say.

The kitman position was certainly a paid role a few years ago and the wage wasn’t the worst. There’s a fair bit of work involved with washing and drying all the kits and training gear, driving to away games and setting things up on match day. I think you also have to be available for the training sessions midweek. I’d be shocked if Farrell was taking a kitman from Stranraer and he was doing it for hee haw and I’m almost certain the guy who was here prior to Farrell will be picking up a wage.

We seem to be pushing the season tickets quite hard. It would maybe help if they had bothered to respond to folks’ emails saying they wouldn’t be renewing.

Edited by FifeSons

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

We seem to be pushing the season tickets quite hard. It would maybe help if they had bothered to respond to folks’ emails saying they wouldn’t be renewing.

I agree the club should be sending out responses but I’m not sure that would help with season ticket sales when folk are emailing in to specifically tell them they aren’t buying a season ticket. Unless of course folk are happy to have their minds changed by receiving a response from the general manager/receptionist.

I actually think the club deserves a bit of credit for the pricing this year and I’m not too disappointed to see them pushing it. 

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

God knows why we have a sport scientist. I mean fair play if we're going to be the fittest side in the league and chase the arse of everyone but going on last seasons efforts I find that hard to believe. Happy to be proven wrong. 

He's arrived from doing work for Clyde and Darvel so it's not as uncommon as i maybe thought it was initially. 

Not really sure what role a video analyst plays in all of this? As much as I could make some snide comment about it was plainly obvious to anyone with eyes where problems were (but I wouldn't do that obviously). It's a weird one as Farrell put most of our problems down to individual errors. Yet now we bring in someone to look at it all

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

He's arrived from doing work for Clyde and Darvel so it's not as uncommon as i maybe thought it was initially. 

Not really sure what role a video analyst plays in all of this? As much as I could make some snide comment about it was plainly obvious to anyone with eyes where problems were (but I wouldn't do that obviously). It's a weird one as Farrell put most of our problems down to individual errors. Yet now we bring in someone to look at it all

So he knows for definite who he should be pointing the finger at and throwing under the bus maybe?

Our squad numbers have been confirmed. Always like to think that gives you a wee idea of who might be playing where. Especially at this stage in the season where there isn't much else to talk about.

Most interesting to me was Kalvin switching from #9 to #7. Maybe a sign that he sees himself as a winger and not a centre-forward. Which I would agree on. 

Apart from that not too many surprises. Maybe Love at #9, but given Wallace took #32 we didn't really have anyone else who would be playing centrally. I'd say Wylde's number is a sign that he's definitely going to be playing at full-bacn as well. Pleased to see Callum Wilson getting #10 too. The Baillieston Messi.

1. Brett Long

2. Ryan McGeever

3. Gregg Wylde

4. Edin Lynch

5. Gregor Buchanan

6. Stuart Carswell

7. Kalvin Orsi

8. David Wilson

9. Ally Love

10. Callum Wilson

11. Ross MacLean

12. Aron Lynas

14. Joe McKee

22. Ryan Blair

23. Martin McNiff

32. Ryan Wallace

That squad doesn't actually look too bad written down if MacLean and McKee are sticking around.

It was a lot more dogshit in my mind but that squad of players should definitely be competing for a top four place.

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

That squad doesn't actually look too bad written down if MacLean and McKee are sticking around.

It was a lot more dogshit in my mind but that squad of players should definitely be competing for a top four place.

That's the thing. Long, McGeever, Carswell, McKee, MacLean, Wallace could be a really decent spine for a League Two side. I'd probably chuck Callum Wilson in there too, who I think is a superb player.

But we're relying on McGeever being fit, Carsy looking like he fancies it, McKee being played, Maclean being on his once in 10 games unplayable form slightly more often and Wallace not being the guy who left East Fife in a huff.

I'm not sure about our full-back positions. And I still think we need more reinforcements going forward and maybe some younger legs in midfield. But, managed correctly, there's no reason why those players aren't capable of finishing in the top four.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's the thing. Long, McGeever, Carswell, McKee, MacLean, Wallace could be a really decent spine for a League Two side. I'd probably chuck Callum Wilson in there too, who I think is a superb player.

But we're relying on McGeever being fit, Carsy looking like he fancies it, McKee being played, Maclean being on his once in 10 games unplayable form slightly more often and Wallace not being the guy who left East Fife in a huff.

I'm not sure about our full-back positions. And I still think we need more reinforcements going forward and maybe some younger legs in midfield. But, managed correctly, there's no reason why those players aren't capable of finishing in the top four.

It's your final sentence that's doing a lot of heavy lifting sadly.