Sons' sorrow

50 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

U may think so, but I was down the rock last night and Dr Mackay was standing in the centre circle doing a rain dance........he may or may not have been shouting to the sky 'rain ya b*****d, ruin these kids sports day'

May have been a coincidence mind you.........

Sack the board.

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I don’t think anyone would take it, even for free, while he’s still there.

I mean, that's just silly now. I agree that some, through their own choice, would choose not to take it... but I don't think you would struggle to find someone to take a free ticket off your hands...

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

15 quid for both entry and live streaming for the League Cup games. They can shove that right up their farters.

15 quid for any live stream is an absolute disgrace nevermind a pixellot one. I wouldn’t have been attending but if the stream was a reasonable price I might have tuned in.

You wont need to worry about it for much longer because streaming wont be allowed when the league season starts

26 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/scottish-premiership-clubs-ppv-streaming-215800151.html

I know it doesnt actually say that it is definite but. . .

I would prefer the country was a bit more nimble with the blackout rules. Is the attendance gate or the SPFL’s “broadcast partners” particularly impacted by Dumbarton streaming a league match against Elgin City on our robot camera? 

Ah well, maybe we’ll keep it for overseas customers which is very easy to get around in the UK. With the camera being automatic I don’t imagine there’s a huge cost or a lot of work required (outwith the commentary) to run it. 

If not I’ll not be seeing many games this season, which I’m not massively arsed about, but it’s nice to have the option at least.

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ah well, maybe we’ll keep it for overseas customers which is very easy to get around in the UK. With the camera being automatic I don’t imagine there’s a huge cost or a lot of work required (outwith the commentary) to run it. 

If not I’ll not be seeing many games this season, which I’m not massively arsed about, but it’s nice to have the option at least.

I hated the streaming phase of the pandemic. I felt so disconnected from the game while watching it on a laptop. If I can't make a game I'll not be watching it from my house as I found the experience really didn't engage me. I still bought every stream at the time mind you, but I was delighted when we could go back in again. I do, however, in spite of my personal lack of enjoyment of the streams, think clubs should be allowed to sell streams both domestically and abroad via their website etc. The black out is outdated nonsense and not particularly relevant to the mass media age we live in today. 

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I hated the streaming phase of the pandemic. I felt so disconnected from the game while watching it on a laptop. If I can't make a game I'll not be watching it from my house as I found the experience really didn't engage me. I still bought every stream at the time mind you, but I was delighted when we could go back in again. I do, however, in spite of my personal lack of enjoyment of the streams, think clubs should be allowed to sell streams both domestically and abroad via their website etc. The black out is outdated nonsense and not particularly relevant to the mass media age we live in today. 

I do agree.

The stream is quite often my only way of watching the game due to work and other commitments. I can usually make time to watch the stream but attending the games is becoming more difficult for me. It’s not perfect but it’s certainly better than nothing. I definitely wouldn’t be paying £15 for it mind you, I’d just go without if that was the price.

I'm no great fan of watching a game on the stream either but it does allow folk who couldn't otherwise see it to do just that.  The problem for Sons fans has been that streaming has coincided with some of the worst football and performances in recent memory, and I can think of two games in particular - Peterhead and East Fife away - when we lost a very early goal and you just KNEW we were going to lose.  At least at a game there is a bit of banter and gallows humour to ease the pain.

On that basis the removal of streaming would if nothing else probably make my laptop feel a lot less likely to go through a window.

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I would be very into that signing. I've wanted us to sign him for years.

Just now, WhoAmI said:

Beware of what you wish for!!!!!

Aye, we seem to either get strikers after they're past their best, or they do nowt for us, but improve vastly after they leave.

#TheSonsWay

Just now, WhoAmI said:

Beware of what you wish for!!!!!

We don't have a single striker in our squad. Well, we have Kalvin Orsi. But he's quite clearly not a natural forward. I'd be chuffed to bits if we got Wallace in. I know he's had fall-outs at East Fife, but he averaged a goal every other game the last time he played under Faz. A fresh start under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him could be what he needs.

In saying that strikers who join us have a nasty knack of forgetting where the goal is.

7 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I do, however, in spite of my personal lack of enjoyment of the streams, think clubs should be allowed to sell streams both domestically and abroad via their website etc. The black out is outdated nonsense and not particularly relevant to the mass media age we live in today. 

It's really not outdated at all, when someone setting up a dodgy box in a pub can access streams and divert dozens of away fans from traveling to games at all. It would be extremely foolish IMO for lower league Scottish football clubs to continue streaming games. It is a live event for them - you have to be there to witness it (for good or bad) - and if that model fails then the game's a bogey.

That inconveniences some people with accessibility issues but unless the dodgy stream issue is magically resolved, that's why you can't have nice things. 

Edited by vikingTON