Sons' sorrow

11 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
31 minutes ago, FifeSons said:
Haven’t heard anything about it, but presumably there will be no streaming next season?

As far as I know the spfl haven't made a decision on it yet

Cheers. I’m not sure what I’ll do if we continue showing them. I’ll probably cave in and go PPV, rather than buy a season ticket. I’m guessing a lot of the other L2 clubs might not stream, even if allowed, considering EC didn’t.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The game is also on a Tuesday night so fair fucks to anyone taking time off work for that. 

There was a time we'd have jumped at the chance regardless of the day for an away day like that!! 

19 minutes ago, the snudge said:

There was a time we'd have jumped at the chance regardless of the day for an away day like that!! 

There's always Elgin.

If we're away to Elgin and it's August to early October then I'm driving up just for the hell of it.

Screenshot_20220525_202635.jpg.6d7028613145f3ae39898982386ed4b0.jpg

Spotted this on the website. The first thing that caught my eye is that Caledonian Braves might be one of the worst named teams in Scottish football. 

The second part is I'm quite glad to see they're doing something about the pitch. Although are Rangers meant to be using it again this season coming? 

2 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Although are Rangers meant to be using it again this season coming? 

I’d be astounded if Rangers wanted anything to with our pitch after last season’s shambles. Not that I want them there but they were probably paying us decent money and we provided them with a coo field.

24 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Spotted this on the website. The first thing that caught my eye is that Caledonian Braves might be one of the worst named teams in Scottish football. 

The second part is I'm quite glad to see they're doing something about the pitch. Although are Rangers meant to be using it again this season coming? 

The Managing Director of the Braves is Chris Ewing, possibly the worst striker I've ever seen in a Sons jersey.  I know he was involved in some sort of football scholarship thing for young overseas players and a look at their squad suggests that might still be the case.

33 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

They’re no match for Open Goal Broomhill.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The Managing Director of the Braves is Chris Ewing, possibly the worst striker I've ever seen in a Sons jersey.  I know he was involved in some sort of football scholarship thing for young overseas players and a look at their squad suggests that might still be the case.

Fucking hell that's an impressively bad claim to fame. By looking at when he was around I seem to have missed him by a season I think. 

I see David Winters is there as well as assistant manager 

3 hours ago, the snudge said:

Every one of us, including The Moonster now (soon), has weans. Time marches ever onward.

55 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d be astounded if Rangers wanted anything to with our pitch after last season’s shambles. Not that I want them there but they were probably paying us decent money and we provided them with a coo field.

Rangers are partly to blame for that state. The club sacked the decent groundsman for a below par replacement, and the **** sent the apprentice because nobody wants to work with the Sons groundsman.*

*straight from the **** groundstaff

I see drumchapel Utd have signed David Templeton. That’s pretty impressive at that level….whether it’s a drug/money laundering front or not lol 

17 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I see drumchapel Utd have signed David Templeton. That’s pretty impressive at that level….whether it’s a drug/money laundering front or not lol 

Drumchapel is one of the largest schemes in Europe and is built on drugs and bigotry. I may be biased due to my heritage, but f**k Drumchapel.

I understand Rangers are going to be using our pitch again this season [emoji85] although "apparently" they are sending folk to help with the maintenance.......

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

They can use Broadwood if they want.. I don't want them anywhere near our ground next season. They'd need to be paying us ridiculous money and providing  a full  time groundsman. The pitch wasn't the only reason we went down, but it was an absolute disgrace.