Sons' sorrow

As someone who usually buys season tickets for myself and daughter plus sponsor a strip and plays club lottery etc - I'm very torn at moment. 

Certainly don't want to defend the current regime but I worry if cutting cashflow might just speed up the club's demise. 

3 minutes ago, PWL said:

As someone who usually buys season tickets for myself and daughter plus sponsor a strip and plays club lottery etc - I'm very torn at moment. 

Certainly don't want to defend the current regime but I worry if cutting cashflow might just speed up the club's demise. 

Same here, I'll choose my games to attend and pay at the gate, I will certainly buy the new 150th anniversary shirt.

21 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Boys, talk to me about Carlo Pignatiello. Just signed for Morton.

Robbed of POTY.

Can play in a few positions but had his best games as a right back for us i'd say.  Could play well as a 6 if he had the right players around him.  Hope he does well.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Sons fans will give you a complete and honest review of his abilities I'm sure.

From when I saw him against us and streaming a few Sons games this season he looked decent, one of the better Dumbarton players, but I was expecting him to leave Livi and join another league 1 club. Fairly versatile, I remember him playing as wing back and as DCM. Could maybe do a job in the Championship. Hope it does work out for him at Cappielow.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Conspiracy theorists (me included) are off the mark re turning off SM replies.

I've been updated from a source I completely trust that the only posts treated this way are the ones about the youth teams.

Yeah, that makes sense. Although they didn’t do it on any of the earlier posts about the youth team.

ETA on the previous post, they actually turned comments off after people started asking questions.

Edited by FifeSons

13 hours ago, Hope Springs said:

GAFFER SATISFIED BY PROGRESS

Saturday 21st May 2022

Just read it again. Awful.....simply awful from start to finish!  I am so sad at what's happening at the end of Castle Road.

I don’t think you can really take anything Stevie Farrell says seriously, especially after the ‘joint-second’ and ‘double-figures a season’ lines.

26 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Conspiracy theorists (me included) are off the mark re turning off SM replies.

I've been updated from a source I completely trust that the only posts treated this way are the ones about the youth teams.

Fair enough, there always was going to be some rational enough reason for it. But that's far less kneejerk and interesting. 

I'll clarify and say my point still stands about the lack of response from the club generally anyway

Best player at the Rock last season. Has pace and a good ball winner.
I thought Livi might have retained him as he has bags of potential.
A good signing for Morton.

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

A good solid player who will do you a turn at right back or as a defensive mid, but better at right back. Morton is about the level I expected him to go to. 

44 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I see Dom Thomas is apparently going to Queens Park. Might be a long, long time before we see a player of his calibre in a Sons strip again.

Going to Darvel I heard.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Carlo should be a pretty solid signing. He was absolutely out best player last season, and that's despite the fact he played a host of different positions. One of these 7/10 every week types.

He's deceptively skilful and decent at creating space. He's got a good eye for a pass, he works hard, he's pretty reliable defensively and he's a threat going forward. The only thing that's really lacking from his game is a goal threat. But I get the feeling that it wouldn't take much coaching for that to come too.

He looked good at RB and in CM for us. I reckon he's probably at his best as a full-back though. I hope he does well at Cappielow. As Moonster said I'm not surprised at all to see him stepping up to a lower mid table Championship side. I reckon that's about his level at the moment, but certainly not his ceiling.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

12 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

I note that our manager is now being referred to as th "Gaffer"  I mentioned this to my wife and she naively asked "Is that because he's made so many gaffes?"

Maybe she listens to my rants after all!

This sort of chummy familiarity boils my piss.  He deserves respect but he's not our best bud and we reserve the right to criticise.

4 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

If we had 10 outfield Carlos, we'd have had a smashing season. 

1 minute ago, Frank Quitely said:

This sort of chummy familiarity boils my piss.  He deserves respect but he's not our best bud and we reserve the right to criticise.

Hard to respect someone who blatantly lies to appease fans etc

This is who we are now needing to trust to get the on park stuff right.. shambles