Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Boys, talk to me about Carlo Pignatiello. Just signed for Morton.

A good solid player who will do you a turn at right back or as a defensive mid, but better at right back. Morton is about the level I expected him to go to. 

4 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Boys, talk to me about Carlo Pignatiello. Just signed for Morton.

Carlo should be a pretty solid signing. He was absolutely out best player last season, and that's despite the fact he played a host of different positions. One of these 7/10 every week types.

He's deceptively skilful and decent at creating space. He's got a good eye for a pass, he works hard, he's pretty reliable defensively and he's a threat going forward. The only thing that's really lacking from his game is a goal threat. But I get the feeling that it wouldn't take much coaching for that to come too.

He looked good at RB and in CM for us. I reckon he's probably at his best as a full-back though. I hope he does well at Cappielow. As Moonster said I'm not surprised at all to see him stepping up to a lower mid table Championship side. I reckon that's about his level at the moment, but certainly not his ceiling.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

12 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

I note that our manager is now being referred to as th "Gaffer"  I mentioned this to my wife and she naively asked "Is that because he's made so many gaffes?"

Maybe she listens to my rants after all!

This sort of chummy familiarity boils my piss.  He deserves respect but he's not our best bud and we reserve the right to criticise.

1 minute ago, Frank Quitely said:

This sort of chummy familiarity boils my piss.  He deserves respect but he's not our best bud and we reserve the right to criticise.

Hard to respect someone who blatantly lies to appease fans etc

This is who we are now needing to trust to get the on park stuff right.. shambles

Carlo was decent. Works hard and isn't shite. But for balance, remember that he was a stand out in a dreadful team. And not a Dom Thomas exceptional stand out. It's always easy to eulogise about people after the fact. He's a decent player, but I honestly thought he'd have joined a League One side.

9 minutes ago, the snudge said:

The new sponsor packages flyer is interesting. £700 quid to listen to "the gaffers" team talk. Seems bizarre and awkward.

It's got the vibe of a home made attempt at Amazon's all or nothing series 

Spoiler

It's nothing 

Would be interesting what they would do I say two supporters clubbed together instead of buying a season ticket and bought a pitch side advertising board that said Farrel out on it for £450 😆 that seems like a steal 

3 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Would be interesting what they would do I say two supporters clubbed together instead of buying a season ticket and bought a pitch side advertising board that said Farrel out on it for £450 😆 that seems like a steal 

A steal at £50 more than 2 season tickets?

36 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

A steal at £50 more than 2 season tickets?

To advertise weekly Farrell out. Worth it imo

3 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

It's still £50 more than buying 2 season tickets and shouting "Farrell Out" every time he walks through the tunnel and to or from the dressing room.

35 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It's still £50 more than buying 2 season tickets and shouting "Farrell Out" every time he walks through the tunnel and to or from the dressing room.

It would just bounce right off Mr ‘joint-second’ anyway.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, DobbiesAgent said:

I get people don’t rate Farrell but most of your post seem to be about him. Your nearly up there with that guy that used to post about Aly Roy.