Sons' sorrow

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

I am not massively surprised although I would expect lower end championship. Yes he made one or two mistakes that lead to a goal but he’s young and was badly let down by the people playing beside him, most notable, Buchanan. Maybe I am pinning too much on Mcgeever but if we had him and Stranger at CB together, I think we would be solid.

Stanger looked solid enough but he certainly didn’t stand out enough to warrant a move up a division IMO. I thought he looked like he was operating at his natural level in the lower reaches of League 1. He didn’t make many mistakes but it’s pretty ludicrous to be blaming guys like Buchanan for them tbh. It’s not like Buchanan forced him into the kamikaze back pass against Edinburgh City. Buchanan was honking last season but the other guys in the defence are grown ass men, they need to take responsibility for their own mistakes.

Like I said, fair play to the guy, I hope he takes his opportunity.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Perhaps I'm being too harsh considering almost everything about the club pisses me off these days, and I understand there must be an element of team building during our preseason, but reading "we're going to take the boys down to England for a piss up and a friendly before the season starts" just exemplifies the Sunday League mentality that is becoming more apparent in our management team by the day. We've just been fucking embarrassingly relegated and we're sending those lads on a piss up. Happy clappers will love it mind you.

And just to remind everyone again, we're running a tight budget this year so buy your season tickets...

I thought exactly the same tbh. Fair enough have your friendly in the north of England, and sure have a piss up if you really want to. At least have the common decency to call it a “team bonding exercise” instead of actually saying the piss up bit.

Yeah that part really went well with whole GPS/cutting edge sports science approach. 

Fair enough a bit of camaraderie is a good thing but at least be a bit subtle about it

He's worded that really poorly. Had he said "It'll give the guys a chance to have some team bonding before the action starts", I'd have had no problem with it, even though it can be interpreted to mean the same thing.

"It would also be an away day for the players and a chance for them to have a few beers after the game before the competitive action starts”

What is this guy on?!

Stanger and Farrell share the same agent, remember. If this guy’s been able to sell Farrell to clubs, it’s no wonder he’s bagged Stanger a Championship gig.

Good of us to post yesterday’s article on social media so everyone is aware. Our social media presence is absolutely rotten, which is a shame considering it was one of the best at the beginning of the season. 
I must admit, I’m absolutely astounded Stanger has a Championship offer. Fair play to him, he should be grabbing that with both hands.
Did our social media guy not get fucked off with the club and chuck it a while back? since then the updates on twitter (only social media I use) are sporadic at best.

Did our social media guy not get fucked off with the club and chuck it a while back? since then the updates on twitter (only social media I use) are sporadic at best.
I think he chucked it when the brilliant Cumbernauld tweet was deleted because one person complained about it.

44 minutes ago, microdave said:
48 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I think he chucked it when the brilliant Cumbernauld tweet was deleted because one person complained about it.

This wasn’t the reason he chucked it, it’s a personal thing that I wont go into but you can trust me when I say he was absolutely correct in telling them where to ram it. 

I don’t think I’ve ever gone into a new season with less optimism, or actually wanting the manager binned. Was too young for the Fallon era and although there were question marks over Aitken in L1, we were title favourites and looked to have a decent side. 

I wonder how quickly it’ll be before the title is gone and the chat shifts to “we can’t sack him because we’re in contention for the playoffs/it’s too far into the season”.

If it makes money then fine. Unfortunately we're not in a position where we can turn down events that make money. If there's no risk to the club and it's being funded by the promoters then wire in. We could have stripper nights, battle of the band nights, "an evening with" nights or competitive tiddly winks nights - as long as it makes money and doesnt interfere with crowds on a Saturday home game then wire in. The only event thats even remotely my thing is the Rock Comedy Club. Even then I wasn't a regular before the pandemic because I usually had a gig to go to. Ultimately Dumbarton can''t afford to rely on football crowd income only. If this brings in money to the club then its worth doing. 

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If it makes money then fine. Unfortunately we're not in a position where we can turn down events that make money. If there's no risk to the club and it's being funded by the promoters then wire in. We could have stripper nights, battle of the band nights, "an evening with" nights or competitive tiddly winks nights - as long as it makes money and doesnt interfere with crowds on a Saturday home game then wire in. The only event thats even remotely my thing is the Rock Comedy Club. Even then I wasn't a regular before the pandemic because I usually had a gig to go to. Ultimately Dumbarton can''t afford to rely on football crowd income only. If this brings in money to the club then its worth doing. 

I’d rather we didn’t associate ourselves with a celebration of anything royal family related, even if it does make money, but each to their own.

I’m not entirely sure the public of Dumbarton will be queueing up to celebrate some old cow with a diamond encrusted bunnet when they can barely afford to fill their motor with diesel. I can see this one getting cancelled.