Jump to content

Sons' sorrow


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Some stag weekend this defender is on.

 

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

An around the world cruise I heard.

Now hear me out, I’ve probably lost it, but maybe, just maybe, they have put him signing anyone else on hold because they are panicking about the season ticket sales and are having second thoughts about keeping him…

Nah, I’ve definitely lost the plot.

 

Edited by FifeSons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got a letter through the post today from the club trying to sell me a st along with flyers about the lottery and a young Sons application form. All in the bin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, microdave said:

I got a letter through the post today from the club trying to sell me a st along with flyers about the lottery and a young Sons application form. All in the bin.

That’s really sad to hear, but what other recourse have the board left the fans with? I’m not surprised you binned them.

Edited by FifeSons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s really sad to hear, but what other recourse have the board left the fans with? I’m not surprised you binned them.
It breaks my heart that I'm feeling like this. I keep feeling like I'm going to cave in and buy one. I'm determined not to though. I've actually been giving it some thought and I'll probably buy a half season ticket at Christmas time. I think the season will go one of three ways. We'll be absolute guff and Farrell will be gone by October, we'll be brilliant and scooshing it by December (and I'll be wiping egg from my face) or we'll be mid table mediocrity. Only the latter would see me continue without a st. I will still go to the games when the season starts but only as a patg fan. I'm not paying upfront while he's still in charge.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, microdave said:
4 hours ago, FifeSons said:
That’s really sad to hear, but what other recourse have the board left the fans with? I’m not surprised you binned them.

It breaks my heart that I'm feeling like this. I keep feeling like I'm going to cave in and buy one. I'm determined not to though. I've actually been giving it some thought and I'll probably buy a half season ticket at Christmas time. I think the season will go one of three ways. We'll be absolute guff and Farrell will be gone by October, we'll be brilliant and scooshing it by December (and I'll be wiping egg from my face) or we'll be mid table mediocrity. Only the latter would see me continue without a st. I will still go to the games when the season starts but only as a patg fan. I'm not paying upfront while he's still in charge.

I can definitely relate to that. I’d love to buy one, but I think the only leverage the fans have is to withhold it.

The thing is, whether Farrell somehow succeeds and proves us all wrong, or they bin him, there are still huge answers the board need to give with regards to the Trust letter.

Edited by FifeSons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, microdave said:

I got a letter through the post today from the club trying to sell me a st along with flyers about the lottery and a young Sons application form. All in the bin.

Should have ripped it to pieces and sent it back 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Hope Springs said:

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.

It's a way of making money. We need money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, FifeSons said:

 

Now hear me out, I’ve probably lost it, but maybe, just maybe, they have put him signing anyone else on hold because they are panicking about the season ticket sales and are having second thoughts about keeping him…

Nah, I’ve definitely lost the plot.

 

Probably more likely this defender wasn't a done deal and he is still weighing up his options. There's been an air of desperation around what Faz has said so far (the double figures claim and that this defender was due to sign) and we're only 3 signings in. It's still obviously very early days but I fear we have more work to do with this squad than meets the eye, and if any of the two year deal guys are moving on I'd rather it was done sooner than later. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Probably more likely this defender wasn't a done deal and he is still weighing up his options. There's been an air of desperation around what Faz has said so far (the double figures claim and that this defender was due to sign) and we're only 3 signings in. It's still obviously very early days but I fear we have more work to do with this squad than meets the eye, and if any of the two year deal guys are moving on I'd rather it was done sooner than later. 

That’s probably it, but it’s still a bit strange how quiet it’s been this week. If the player is Docherty, though, I’ll be pretty happy if he goes somewhere else. We don’t need to be signing anyone else who’s past it or because they’re pals with the management team.

I still think it’s all meaningless while he remains in charge, though. Nothing will change next season. It’ll be the same performances and same patter in the post-match interviews. I won’t be at a home game while he’s still there. I’ll make sure I’m at one of the first away games to make my voice heard, though.

Edited by FifeSons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hope Springs said:

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.

I think we need to separate the football from the other stuff as the two are not really related.  The target audience for Abba tributes, psychic nights, comedy clubs, etc., will likely be very different from those of us whose obsession is the fitba club.  As has been said it might bring in some revenue and the guy behind it all seems very enthusiastic - so far, so good.

However, your point about the Board 'focusing their efforts on the football side of things' is absolutely spot-on.  On current evidence though, keep your expectations low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re "What's on at the DFC"   How about a decent game of football on a Saturday Afternoon?  Surely a decent crowd would provide better revenue than ABBA tributes and Psychic nights? Is the Rock Comedy Club running the whole show? Wish the board would focus their efforts on the football side of things.
I dont have a problem with them promoting nights at the club if it brings in a few quid. As far as I understand its not putting the club out much as its organised by our hospitality contractor. Therefore its kind of a win win for us. Tbf we need all the help we can get in raising a few quid so if it's a comedy night, stripper show, 80s tribute night or anything else then so be it.
The negativity around the board is correct and totally justified.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I dont have a problem with them promoting nights at the club if it brings in a few quid. As far as I understand its not putting the club out much as its organised by our hospitality contractor. Therefore its kind of a win win for us. Tbf we need all the help we can get in raising a few quid so if it's a comedy night, stripper show, 80s tribute night or anything else then so be it.
The negativity around the board is correct and totally justified.

There’s enough tits down there already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From a week tomorrow...
Our beloved Sons Sorrow..
Will be in League 2 Chatter...
Where there's considerably less patter..
*gets coat*
 
 
 
It's good and a better effort than I could do but I don't think our poet in residence has anything to worry about.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, microdave said:
14 hours ago, Silverton End said:
From a week tomorrow...
Our beloved Sons Sorrow..
Will be in League 2 Chatter...
Where there's considerably less patter..
*gets coat*
 
 
 

It's good and a better effort than I could do but I don't think our poet in residence has anything to worry about.

Scolded by microdave...

Silverton End willingly forgave...

😀

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Syvertsen not returning according to the OS.

Good of us to post yesterday’s article on social media so everyone is aware. Our social media presence is absolutely rotten, which is a shame considering it was one of the best at the beginning of the season. 

I must admit, I’m absolutely astounded Stanger has a Championship offer. Fair play to him, he should be grabbing that with both hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good of us to post yesterday’s article on social media so everyone is aware. Our social media presence is absolutely rotten, which is a shame considering it was one of the best at the beginning of the season. 

I must admit, I’m absolutely astounded Stanger has a Championship offer. Fair play to him, he should be grabbing that with both hands.

I am not massively surprised although I would expect lower end championship. Yes he made one or two mistakes that lead to a goal but he’s young and was badly let down by the people playing beside him, most notable, Buchanan. Maybe I am pinning too much on Mcgeever but if we had him and Stranger at CB together, I think we would be solid.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A fully fit Syvertsen would have done well for us in League 2, pity we only got glimpses of him at the end of the season.

Being subbed at h/t in Edinburgh by Farrell, despite playing well probably made up his mind for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...