Jump to content

Sons' sorrow


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, the snudge said:

That'd be a smashing boost.

Sure is. If we are half way to our first choice CB pairing it is much better than starting from scratch! I think we missed McGeever more than I ever thought last season. Our dreadful run of form started more or less when he got injured!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Sure is. If we are half way to our first choice CB pairing it is much better than starting from scratch! I think we missed McGeever more than I ever thought last season. Our dreadful run of form started more or less when he got injured!

Not quite. He played in our 5-0 humping at Peterhead and the following two games which we lost before being injured in our fourth defeat in a row at East Fife (around 70 minutes). Our defensive frailties won't be solved by McGeever simply returning, we need to be far better organised. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not quite. He played in our 5-0 humping at Peterhead and the following two games which we lost before being injured in our fourth defeat in a row at East Fife (around 70 minutes). Our defensive frailties won't be solved by McGeever simply returning, we need to be far better organised. 

It was actually the week before that, in the 3-2 eight men Airdrie game that he got injured. I genuinely believe if we'd kept him on the park then we wouldn't have lost that game.

In the East Fife game we started that weird 3-3-2-2 formation with Boyle, Lynch and Muir (iirc) in defence 👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paddy Boyles departure has got me thinking.  If there were thirty-odd avoidable mistakes last season then surely Faz needs only to identify who was involved in the majority of them and look to replace them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Paddy Boyles departure has got me thinking.  If there were thirty-odd avoidable mistakes last season then surely Faz needs only to identify who was involved in the majority of them and look to replace them.

I think the vast majority of them were between Buchanan, Paddy and Ramsbottom tbh. Stranger had 2 glaringly obvious individual errors but that happened after the league had finished technically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It was actually the week before that, in the 3-2 eight men Airdrie game that he got injured. I genuinely believe if we'd kept him on the park then we wouldn't have lost that game.

In the East Fife game we started that weird 3-3-2-2 formation with Boyle, Lynch and Muir (iirc) in defence 👀

You are correct sorry, but still, he was there when the wheels started to come off and I hope we're not just hoping he's the saviour, as much as I like him as a player he needs to be part of a good unit this season if this chat about winning the league is to come true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You are correct sorry, but still, he was there when the wheels started to come off and I hope we're not just hoping he's the saviour, as much as I like him as a player he needs to be part of a good unit this season if this chat about winning the league is to come true. 

Aye, we weren't 1 good defender away from being a good side

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, super-son said:

I think the vast majority of them were between Buchanan, Paddy and Ramsbottom tbh. Stranger had 2 glaringly obvious individual errors but that happened after the league had finished technically.

Lynch had a few as well, as did Bronksy but I’d say Buchanan must be leading the way by some distance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Not quite. He played in our 5-0 humping at Peterhead and the following two games which we lost before being injured in our fourth defeat in a row at East Fife (around 70 minutes). Our defensive frailties won't be solved by McGeever simply returning, we need to be far better organised. 

I should clarify that I'm not suggesting if he hadn't got injured we would have definitely avoided the drop. Inconsistencies were there beforehand too. I just think there were a number of games where we looked so dreadful at the back and clearly lacked leadership with pairings of Buchanan and anyone else really (Lynch or Bronski in particular). We only really settled once Stanger came into CB. Boyle had one okay match at CB too I think.

I also think McGeever is good at leading and chatting others and younger guys through the game and that was missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

She’s confronted me at a game before actually. The reason being, I mentioned on FB that it was quite strange to go and watch ex players over your own team, yet say others weren’t real fans for wanting Aitken gone.

Edited by FifeSons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She was giving the barman a lecture for moving tables in the supporters bar the other week. The barman who is in charge of the supporters bar and had moved the tables for customer convenience. She's a busy body oddball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Well into single figures I hear.

Absolute fantasyland stuff from the club to think anyone is going to buy the parking or premier club packages under this board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...