Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, CM. said:

Hearing we're signing Connor Duthie

Hope so, hes hopeless infront of goal...Runs about a lot but not worth the wage imo. He certainly wasnt POTY worthy so dont let that fool you either 

2 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Hope so, hes hopeless infront of goal...Runs about a lot but not worth the wage imo. He certainly wasnt POTY worthy so dont let that fool you either 

Didn't even know he was your POTY so news to me. Can't say I know much about him but being able to run is at least an improvement on our last outfield signing from you!

1 minute ago, CM. said:

Didn't even know he was your POTY so news to me. Can't say I know much about him but being able to run is at least an improvement on our last outfield signing from you!

he must have been uninspiring cause i don't even remember who it was lol 

34 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hopefully we’ll find out tonight or tomorrow who’s all leaving, I’d imagine the players have been spoken to if Ramsbottom has confirmed he’s offski. I’d genuinely be quite happy to see everyone go bar wee Wilson. I’m hoping some/all of the 2 year deal mob decide they want to leave.

Who were the ones on 2 year deals? I think someone said there’s 9 of them. Wilson, Wylde, Bonsky and maybe McGeever are the only ones that spring to mind?

Cant imagine Farrell is going to have much of a budget from initial season ticket sales.

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Who were the ones on 2 year deals? I think someone said there’s 9 of them. Wilson, Wylde, Bonsky and maybe McGeever are the only ones that spring to mind?

Cant imagine Farrell is going to have much of a budget from initial season ticket sales.

Wilson, Wylde, McGeever, Orsi, MacLean, McKee and Buchanan are the only ones I can think of. Bronsky only signed until the end of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Wilson, Wylde, McGeever, Orsi, MacLean, McKee and Buchanan are the only ones I can think of. Bronsky only signed until the end of the season. 

Not sure about Orsi, but Carswell should also be on that list.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McGeever also got an extension last season having spoke to him at hospitality. So he is signed for season 22/23 and 23/24

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20220511_073418.thumb.jpg.e2a26395314e3f383b92f1a36750666a.jpgScreenshot_20220511_073355.jpg.7e87671161f4b62ff546c7f95522c19c.jpg

Both of you were correct so we have Orsi and Carswell for next season. I wouldn't celebrate that too much mind you 

Edited by Clarko_son
Spelling

I can't stand Orsi. He's not the worst player but he's constantly moaning at others for his mistakes. 

Carswell, should be a stand out player league 2 but he's not delivered consistently enough for a couple of years. 

I'd be quite happy to keep Wilson, and McGeever. The rest can go.

Sam, Eoghan Stokes, Stephen Bronsky, Paul Paton, Sam Muir and Paddy O'Neil all away. Joined  by Mark Lamont and David Hopkirk who weren't really here anyway.

Paddy Boyle offered a player/coach deal, Conner Duthie offered a new deal and George Stanger offered a permanent deal. Syvertsen and Oyinsan couldn't make it last night, so their future is still to be discussed. Personally I'd be very tempted to keep Syvertsen after his showings towards the end of the season, but Faz will need to have a long chat with the physio on that. Not overly fussed either way on Josh.

I probably would've kept Sam Muir for League Two, and possibly Paul Paton. Although he was injury prone and isn't getting any younger. Aside from that no real surprises there.

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5327

Why the hell is Lynch on a two year deal? 

Looking at that list gives me the fear. We could be looking at having 12 players here next year who took us down and lost 5-2 on aggregate to the team who finished 4th in the league we will be competing in. Of the 9 on 2 year deals, 4 of them have spent most of the season warming the bench under Farrell or been completely frozen out of the starting 11 by him.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Sam, Eoghan Stokes, Stephen Bronsky, Paul Paton, Sam Muir and Paddy O'Neil all away. Joined  by Mark Lamont and David Hopkirk who weren't really here anyway.

Paddy Boyle offered a player/coach deal, Conner Duthie offered a new deal and George Stanger offered a permanent deal. Syvertsen and Oyinsan couldn't make it last night, so their future is still to be discussed. Personally I'd be very tempted to keep Syvertsen after his showings towards the end of the season, but Faz will need to have a long chat with the physio on that. Not overly fussed either way on Josh.

I probably would've kept Sam Muir for League Two, and possibly Paul Paton. Although he was injury prone and isn't getting any younger. Aside from that no real surprises there.

I'd echo your thoughts Jan, but of course we don't know whether the conversations were one way - it may be that young Sam didn't fancy warming his backside in League Two and perhaps Paul Paton decided to move on.  We simply don't know.

As regards Norway, perhaps keep but on the understanding that he needs a physical sidekick up front, and whilst he is literally a big character I think a negative call needs to be made on Josh being that guy.

Ainslie Park excepted, Stanger has shown good potential, and I'd really like to see us with Carlo back on loan if possible.  And I wouldn't be at all surprised if that list of players on two-year deals shrinks by a couple of names 😉

Enthusiasm remains firmly on hold for now.

21 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Can’t express my delight enough at Paton being away, he was an absolute passenger for most of the season. Like everyone was but imo he didn’t deserve the starting spot he got for pretty much the whole season

Would let Duthie Go. Would keep Syvertsen and stanger

I'm told Paton is fluttering his eyelashes at Dunfermline, so wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. Ultimately he'd have been on good money and whilst I think he could've been useful we haven't been able to get the best of him. We don't need him in League 2. Not fussed about any of those leaving really, was hoping a few more would follow. 

Would be interested to know if those 2 year deals are now accepting a relegation wage cut or if we basically now need to cobble together the rest on peanuts. Either way, there's a few of those 2 year deals who I can't imagine will be happy warming the bench next year, Lynch and McKee for starters. It's actually laughable how bad our midfield is when we know how good McKee can be. Perhaps Faz can phone Duffy and ask him how to get the best of him because he's failed so far.